• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

House of Cards on Netflix

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't dislike any of the characters. OF course there are many I wouldn't want to catch in a bad mood but they're all watchable and compelling.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The calculating, duplicitous, murderous Frank seems right out of Shakespeare. The asides to the audience add to the effect.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't dislike any of the characters. OF course there are many I wouldn't want to catch in a bad mood but they're all watchable and compelling.

You are right, that's not really what I meant. I actually quite like Frank (and others). They may not be good people, but they are actually likable (more so I would say than the cast of Breaking Bad) and I want to see them succeed. I just don't want them to be anywhere near me.

Finale Spoiler
I was very glad that the hacker turned out to be all about his own self interest in the end. I was getting worried that the journalist might have inspired him to see the truth...turns out he just knew that Doug was his ticket to freedom from the feds.

Of course who knows what will happen now that Doug is gone (or at least I thought he was dead, though I have seen some internet chatter that he might not be...and they didn't linger on the final shot long enough to see if he were truly not breathing). Might tie up Rachel's loose end either way since she can never come forward without being implicated...which was basically Doug's plan all along (stash her away close to her estranged family and hope she disappears, thinking she has "escaped", and is too scared to ever come forward)

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, I must've been drunk or tired when watching the last couple of episodes. I don't recall anything in the spoiler. Yet my netflix says I've viewed the episode. Something to watch tonight I guess.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn, I must've been drunk or tired when watching the last couple of episodes. I don't recall anything in the spoiler. Yet my netflix says I've viewed the episode. Something to watch tonight I guess.

Wait...did you at least remember the part where
Frank is president?

Because if not...I don't know how you could even have thought you finished it :hide:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i just really hate that two women or two men can't be just friends on TV. the relationship has to turn into homosexuality. i don't have something against homosexuality, but the plot point seems so cliche and kitsch

also chief of staffs leave all the time. average life span is 2.5 years

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The calculating, duplicitous, murderous Frank seems right out of Shakespeare. The asides to the audience add to the effect.

No, the original House of Cards featured a truly Shakesperean front man in Francis Urquhart. Underwood is campy compared to that.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wtf.... why does every relationship in the show have to be sexual

seriously? threesome with meechum???

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are lots of non sexual relationships...

And that was hinted at some in the college library episode... Although admittedly I thought it was just going to be something for Claire while frank was busy.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well I can't really think of many oft portrayed relationships that haven't turned sexual. Maybe everybody and Raymond tusk. Maybe Doug and the pr dude. There's a lot of minor relationships with minor characters but the ones portrayed often often turn sexual. Even Doug almost banged Rachel.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wait...did you at least remember the part where
Frank is president?

Because if not...I don't know how you could even have thought you finished it :hide:

Yes, otc, I missed the that part :embar:. Just rewatched the last half of the final episode and was like "oooh"

I was expecting Frank or Walker and Christina. Meechum was truly left field and disappointing. I was actually hoping they'd take him under their wing (which I suppose they could do).

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well I can't really think of many oft portrayed relationships that haven't turned sexual. Maybe everybody and Raymond tusk. Maybe Doug and the pr dude. There's a lot of minor relationships with minor characters but the ones portrayed often often turn sexual. Even Doug almost banged Rachel.

Doug got blown by Rachel in s1... but she is a hooker so I would kinda expect her plot lines to go sexual.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea the three-way made my skin crawl. Blech. I was expecting him just to have him sleep with his wife.

Wondering how many seasons there will be, 1st ended with him getting VP, 2nd ends with him being presidence, 3rd should end with it all coming crashing down like a [pun].

We knew Frank was gay or had some gay experience before with his military school buddy, though. If you recall when they were drunk and running around the school after hours he had his broment with his old friend where they were talking vaguely about their gay past.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very enjoyable show to watch due to the writing imo... I think the acting is quite good as well.

I'm a bit doubtful about where the plot can go from here... ultimately I think frank ends up dead or imprisoned from the murders catching up to him

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
egg