• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke / MTM Denim

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone:

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding MTM or bespoke Denim (probably MTM, given price constraints). From my research, I've found that 3x1 does bespoke, but thats looking at a 1200+ pricepoint.

Regarding MTM, I know Levis Denim MTM service is available, but that runs 750 or 950 depending on the options / service you choose. They also only offer this program in SF, NY, & London. I am willing to spend ~600 (so I'm not being totally ridiculous asking for a true bespoke suit in the 1-2K range). Somehow, 750 is oddly just a high number that I cannot wrap my head around. I just thought maybe someone here would have some knowledge.

I've definitely thought about having MTM trousers made in a inky blue cut like the shape of denim, but that isn't really denim per se (although, it wouldn't be the worst alternative option in lieu of denim) - perhaps even a pair of linen blue trouser cut in the 5 pocket style that I could wear in the summer might be the answer.

Background: I have a hard time finding a pair of denim that I like off the peg. The butt never fits properly, or the waist is way too big.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Can't speak for their denim, but they certainly aren't sketchy - there's a new, better looking website that can be used as well.

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
The Levi's Lot 1 program is bespoke, not MTM. In London, Lizzie will cut you a proper paper pattern, do a fitting, and so on. The denim options are pretty cool now, having initially been fairly limited. I have had four pairs made over the last few years and they are the best fitting jeans I have ever had. I think they are about £450

R-O-T

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Levi's Lot 1 program is bespoke, not MTM. In London, Lizzie will cut you a proper paper pattern, do a fitting, and so on. The denim options are pretty cool now, having initially been fairly limited. I have had four pairs made over the last few years and they are the best fitting jeans I have ever had. I think they are about £450

R-O-T

Ahhhh. Yes, perhaps I should travel to London & get a pair made. Frankly, from what I've heard, I trust Lizzie the cutter in London far more given her row experience.

Definitely considered lot 1, until I was told it'd run me 750-950 usd. That's knocking on the door of 3x1 bespoke denim.

bookbrother

Reaction score
Ahhhh. Yes, perhaps I should travel to London & get a pair made. Frankly, from what I've heard, I trust Lizzie the cutter in London far more given her row experience.

Definitely considered lot 1, until I was told it'd run me 750-950 usd. That's knocking on the door of 3x1 bespoke denim.

Shockoe Atelier based out of Richmond does bespoke, one time pattern fee (200-500) and then jeans at market (~250) + a $65 cutting fee. Well worth it if multiple pairs are in your future... and they make my favorite details/finish on a pair of jeans.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shockoe Atelier based out of Richmond does bespoke, one time pattern fee (200-500) and then jeans at market (~250) + a $65 cutting fee. Well worth it if multiple pairs are in your future... and they make my favorite details/finish on a pair of jeans.

Do you have more details on that? Can anyone else speak to the quality? I don't wear denim often enough to buy several pairs.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their website looks pretty sketchy... Anyone else like Luxire?
I haven't ordered denim from them, but I've seen several pairs of jeans they've made on others. They have a thread on style forum you should check out. They post pics of items they've made and customers also post pictures. You should be able to find some of their denim pieces there. They charge sub $200 with almost any customization you could imagine. Probably the best value you'll come across hands down.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't ordered denim from them, but I've seen several pairs of jeans they've made on others. They have a thread on style forum you should check out. They post pics of items they've made and customers also post pictures. You should be able to find some of their denim pieces there. They charge sub $200 with almost any customization you could imagine. Probably the best value you'll come across hands down.

I could care less about customization options I care most about quality & fit.

I hesitate paying sub 200 for denim if it's mtm bc I immediately start to question the quality of the denim used. Denim isn't cheap. I don't want to be in a situation where I get them made & regret it.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bookbrother

Reaction score
Do you have more details on that? Can anyone else speak to the quality? I don't wear denim often enough to buy several pairs.
Details came from an inquiry I made to the company last year. They say they usually nail it in one fitting, but perhaps more. I think their jeans are among the best. Their house denims are the como, which is an Italian with a beige cast, the kojima, a 14.5 oz Japanese denim with a silvery cast that fades beautifully (my favorite), a deadstock denim found in an abandoned factory (real retro deep blue color, super soft), and some lightweight/cone mills/specialty options as well.

I have a pair in all three house denims. They do a cool military trouser model as well. Check out their site for more details. The quality is very high. Leather backed rivets, denim-lined pocket guards, nice leather patch, etc.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Details came from an inquiry I made to the company last year. They say they usually nail it in one fitting, but perhaps more. I think their jeans are among the best. Their house denims are the como, which is an Italian with a beige cast, the kojima, a 14.5 oz Japanese denim with a silvery cast that fades beautifully (my favorite), a deadstock denim found in an abandoned factory (real retro deep blue color, super soft), and some lightweight/cone mills/specialty options as well.

I have a pair in all three house denims. They do a cool military trouser model as well. Check out their site for more details. The quality is very high. Leather backed rivets, denim-lined pocket guards, nice leather patch, etc.

I live in DC. Definitely might be worth the trip down to Richmond if I can get what I want. Plus shipping & avoiding taxes is a nice bonus. That actually sounds rather promising. Sounds like you're pretty happy with the denim.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TryPuravivePils