• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arterton - Official Affiliate Thread: Signature Garment Bag, Yearn Shoemaker, Nakata Hanger, Clothes Doctor, Dismantlable Umbrella

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One process that's been really fun for me is figuring out the types of products that sartorial or menswear enthusiasts desire. Here's a sneak peek at some behind the scenes photography studio work on some upcoming products!

dust_covers.jpg
Luxury dust covers for the closet

new_garment_bag.jpg
New Garment Bag geared around travel (lightweight, breathable, and has pockets)

new_garment_bag2.jpg

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am pleased to say that Nakata has been getting more exposure in the western world. Our Nakata AUT-05 was recently featured on the British-based blog YAG:

Arterton-Nakata-Hanger-Review-7.jpg
Arterton-Nakata-Hanger-Review-4.jpg

Arterton-Nakata-Hanger-Review-2.jpg

Attachments

• Arterton-Nakata-Hanger-Review-6.jpg
    Arterton-Nakata-Hanger-Review-6.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 74

Verve

Reaction score
You have 4 shoes I would love to own: wholecut, split-toe grain derby, 338, and 768. However, I’m in the extreme end of the wide spectrum, US EEE size. Understandably, it’s difficult to find companies to carry these minority sizes.

The Nakata hangers are beautiful as well. I’m hoping to give them a try later this year when I receive my next suit order. Best of luck to your new business!

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Verve Thank you for the kind wishes. Those are very nice choices; perhaps, a mark of a sophisticated man? Kidding aside, yes, feel free to give us a shout if you ever want to look at some of the Nakata hangers. They are truly in a league of their own.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@prof.contingency whats the ETA on those closet covers? They look nice!
One thing I'd ask - do they have any kind of viewing window to whats inside?

Also, @Jmr928 those loafers are boss.

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Jmr928 Thanks! Great eye! I am glad that you asked because those are the Haas peccary calf, which have a great-looking texture and actually feels fantastic. And, yes, indeed, we will be stocking a limited number of the loafers in this leather! We really like the leather, so we are also stocking a few split-toe Derbys in it (FW 22 London photoshoot to soon follow; stay tuned)

For the time being, here's a pair of the Yearn loafers in a Black Patina for a UK client:

yearn_loafer_black_patina.jpg

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@ValidusLA
Thank you for the kind words about our upcoming Luxury Dust Covers (which is different to our new, already available, City Garment Bags)! We had quite a lot of interest in these, and we designed them to be oversized to fit a wide array of garments, as well as 2-3 garments under one cover. The timeline is looking to be around Dec 2022. We are just awaiting materials before we can move on to production.

They actually also don't need a "viewing window" because they are designed to cover the top of the garments (sorry I know the above picture wasn't clear, so I've added more now) for general-purpose dust protection. What do you think of the two colours? Reckon we should go with a green or red?

Just a note aside: we always avoid viewing windows, because PVCs degrade over time, yellow, and release harmful chemicals that can actually stain garments. We shriek when we see these windows on other garment bags. Personally, I am also not convinced that one can actually see through the windows anyways.
arterton_dust_covera_navy_3.jpg
arterton_dust_covera_stone_3.jpg
arterton_dust_covera_stone_2.jpg
arterton_navy_luxury_dust_cover_wardrobe.jpg
And a dust cover in the wild with our Nakata AUT-05 hangers.

Last edited:

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, indeed, no need for a window.
Though, I am curious. What is the utility of covers that only cover that much of the garment?
Re: viewing windows. While PVC was the historical material used, almost everything I've seen now is PEVA - chlorine free so the staining thing should be long gone.

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@ValidusLA
Thanks! The Luxury Dust Covers are sort of the middle ground between having no protection at all to a full garment bag. They are primarily for shielding garments against dust (which tend to settle on the top of garments).

You're quite right about PEVA -- they are definitely better than PVC because they are chlorine-free.

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @gyasih !

There's normally a MTO fee of £30, but this is already included in the listing here. So, there's no additional charge, unless of course its a very special leather. We have all sorts of calf, patina or not, available. Lead time is about 4-5 weeks at the moment!

I'm sure we will be happy to help you via e-mail, or if you want PM me here, and I can have something drafted up for you!

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @gyasih !

There's normally a MTO fee of £30, but this is already included in the listing here. So, there's no additional charge, unless of course its a very special leather. We have all sorts of calf, patina or not, available. Lead time is about 4-5 weeks at the moment!

I'm sure we will be happy to help you via e-mail, or if you want PM me here, and I can have something drafted up for you!
Great started a chat!

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have lots of news coming soon, including details of a new London showroom. Coinciding with the showroom is the release of a number of new products. Here's a sneak peek at our new, very high-end shoe care products:

arterton_paul_brunngard_shoecare.jpg arterton_shoecare.jpg arterton_shoe_polish.jpg

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We are gearing up to release a FW 2022 campaign for Yearn Shoemaker. Here's some behind the scene shots of a photoshoot in central London last week!

fw2022_shoot_behindthescenes_1.jpg
fw2022_shoot_behindthescenes_2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members