• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohei Fukuda's Sizing Advice

takechi7789

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I haven't tried Yohei's shoes.
I heard that Yohei's lasts were wider than lasts of some English shoemakers (EG, G&G...)
I used to wear EG last 82 size 7-7.5E; G&G last Deco square size 7F. Both of them were comfortable.

Would you mind giving me some advices:
Should I go half size down or stay the same (size and width) in comparison with EG and G&G?
Ex: EG 7-7.5E, G&G 7F => so Yohei 6.5E or 7E?

Thank you so much.

BomTrady

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I heard that Yohei's lasts were wider than lasts of some English shoemakers (EG, G&G...)
I used to wear EG last 82 size 7-7.5E; G&G last Deco square size 7F. Both of them were comfortable.

Should I go half size down or stay the same (size and width) in comparison with EG and G&G?

Thank you so much.
I get YF in the same size as EG and G&G. I do believe his rtw leathers are soft and may stretch a bit. You may want to consider that, some do, I haven't really. I can see if you're in between sizes something like that may matter to you. 'Anyway, Good luck

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thank you so much.
I don’t have any experience with G&G’s Deco last but compared to EG82 I take Fukuda and EG in the same size but find the Fukuda’s to run about 1/4 size larger than EG82. Not enough of a difference to get me to change my size in my case because my EG are on the snug side so the extra room in Fukuda are welcomed but if you’ve got room in the EG or it’s a perfect fit the Fukuda will be bigger.

BomTrady

Reaction score
I don’t have any experience with G&G’s Deco last but compared to EG82 I take Fukuda and EG in the same size but find the Fukuda’s to run about 1/4 size larger than EG82. Not enough of a difference to get me to change my size in my case because my EG are on the snug side so the extra room in Fukuda are welcomed but if you’ve got room in the EG or it’s a perfect fit the Fukuda will be bigger.
'Good point, I think I know the model to which you're referring - his standard RTW oxfords- and I completely agree that that particular last is a little larger than EG and G&G in the toe area. Notwithstanding that particular last, I have some MTO loafers, Chelsea boots and derbies, none of which seem to have that larger allowance and has less of a chiseled toe box. I suppose it depends on which model the OP is considering if I am correct about this. WFH, I guess I haven't really worn any YF in over a year or so.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Good point, I think I know the model to which you're referring - his standard RTW oxfords- and I completely agree that that particular last is a little larger than EG and G&G in the toe area. Notwithstanding that particular last, I have some MTO loafers, Chelsea boots and derbies, none of which seem to have that larger allowance and has less of a chiseled toe box. I suppose it depends on which model the OP is considering if I am correct about this. WFH, I guess I haven't really worn any YF in over a year or so.
Yeah - I assumed OP meant the 17 last and RTW since if we’re MTO I’d just send along measurements and tracings along with fit notes and trust that Yohei and the team could get me fit better into their lasts than I could guess my size.

BomTrady

Reaction score
Yeah - I assumed OP meant the 17 last and RTW since if we’re MTO I’d just send along measurements and tracings along with fit notes and trust that Yohei and the team could get me fit better into their lasts than I could guess my size.
Agree. I guess I am lucky. I fit his standard sizes perfectly, so I have him make me 8.5 and it couldn't fit any better.

takechi7789

Reaction score
Many thanks to you Guys. Precious Advices for me.
I have EG Mercer monkstrap, 7E (written 7 - 7 1/2E on the lining). In fact, it is not a perfect fit. My EG fit tight, don't make me feel hurt but not so comfortable. Maybe I need more room in the toe area. I think EG last 82 7F would be much better for me.
I have 2 pairs of G&G:
- ST James II RTW 7E on TG73 last - wrong size because they make me feel hurt alot, especially in the toe area and the instep.
- Deco Line 7F on Deco last. I got MTO on them, and changed from E to F fitting. Then they fit so good.

About shoes's length, Do YF look much longer than EG last 82 same size?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many thanks to you Guys. Precious Advices for me.
I have EG Mercer monkstrap, 7E (written 7 - 7 1/2E on the lining). In fact, it is not a perfect fit. My EG fit tight, don't make me feel hurt but not so comfortable. Maybe I need more room in the toe area. I think EG last 82 7F would be much better for me.
I have 2 pairs of G&G:
- ST James II RTW 7E on TG73 last - wrong size because they make me feel hurt alot, especially in the toe area and the instep.
- Deco Line 7F on Deco last. I got MTO on them, and changed from E to F fitting. Then they fit so good.

About shoes's length, Do YF look much longer than EG last 82 same size?
0B9DD94F-65D9-4EFC-842F-E7A7924D8C0A.jpeg

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Take UK 8.5E in both EG and YF (and having been fitted by Fukuda-san in person). Both fit great. Photos of both below (two pairs of YF and one EG). Also take 8.5E in G&G (photos of two pairs)
F31F8FF7-659C-4385-A25D-B58C36EF15F6.jpeg
D779C92E-E945-4A11-A6A3-20F76B545C64.jpeg
BDC4BF4F-734A-47C4-A527-FB20C90EEE96.jpeg
618EE9BF-3AB1-4FC6-BBDE-A14048A7193D.jpeg
B2057D93-B0B3-4F86-9302-912D2E45A113.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.