• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Want your opinion on some threadless t-shirts

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the fifth and seventh tee, am actually wearing the Lemuria tee right now. It's not really white, more like cream, and super cool. The base color is much nicer than their beige backgroud like for the Butterfly tee, imo. I will also be getting the first tee. The design is great, the placement, not my favorite, though, as you've noted. The "Nothing" tee is really not a girly tee. Most women's graphic tees *do not* feature women on them. That's really more of a guy thing.

The other tees, I think are a little too gimmicky and are really just not particular well designed novelty tees.

sam

Reaction score
I have the "Nothing" one. The placement on the first one is strange. I like the Lemuria one; might pick that one up. Not mentioned, but the MP(3) one is decent---you might like it.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few shirts from threadless - I get a lot of compliments on the MP(3) shirt - but I haven't bought any in awhile.

I'll third the Lemuria, that's the most creative to my eye (though certainly not unique), and least likely to look like a generic shirt from somewhere else.

I like the Pandamonium one as well, but that, like MP(3), is sort of a novelty act, and really a totally different type of shirt than the abstract conglomerate designs.

I'm really not a fan of the girl shooting herself (and those like it). Too anime, maybe?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The reassuring comments about the white tees being more like cream was pretty useful since these two were my favorite. I'll be getting the first one and the lemuria, maybe a third. Either "Nothing" or the fourth one.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Now that I've gotten some new t-shirt in time for the summer, anyone knows where I can get some wing & horn in MontrÃ
00a9.png
al? They're a Canadian brand but I have no idea where to look for info, I think they also have another line but I can't remember the name...

Chimes

Reaction score
to the people who own some threadless shirts:

how do these fit? the pictures of people wearing them always look awkward and the collars seem illfitting. is this just a case of bad models??

Brian SD

Reaction score
to the people who own some threadless shirts:

how do these fit? the pictures of people wearing them always look awkward and the collars seem illfitting. is this just a case of bad models??
Chimes, I believe that Threadless uses only American Apparel shirts these days. I'm not positive though, as I own no threadless tees.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I've gotten some new t-shirt in time for the summer, anyone knows where I can get some wing & horn in MontrÃ
00a9.png
al? They're a Canadian brand but I have no idea where to look for info, I think they also have another line but I can't remember the name...
Not sure. I know that Fred Segal carries them, as does Stels in Boston. They have pretty cool pieces - sized rather small though. At 163 lbs these days, the large sweatshirts are still pretty fitted. I don't see it as a particularly innovative line, but it definitely a step above the 90% of cap that makes up high end streetwear these days, and semi-reasonable prices.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(Chimes @ May 03 2005,14:52) to the people who own some threadless shirts: how do these fit? Â the pictures of people wearing them always look awkward and the collars seem illfitting. Â is this just a case of bad models??
Chimes, I believe that Threadless uses only American Apparel shirts these days. I'm not positive though, as I own no threadless tees.
I know that *some* of the tees are advertised as being on AA, but really, it is across the board. Although these days, they cut off the manufacturers tag and print a style on the back, in the past, I've gotten anything from Hanes beefy tees to AA tees, Fruit of the Loom, tags still on. The sizing and fit is therefore hit and miss, depending on what they are using. I just got a couple, and they are definitely not AA tees - they are not quite as soft (but also not as flimsy), and the sizing is a little larger. As for the models, I think that the pictures are pretty cool (especially the girl models). A lot cooler and compelling advertising in my mind compared to some pouty chick or dude (seriously, a pouting dude?) in some wierd positions.

Dangydang

Reaction score
to the people who own some threadless shirts: how do these fit? Â the pictures of people wearing them always look awkward and the collars seem illfitting. Â is this just a case of bad models??
I've purchased one t-shirt (Go Japan) from them, and I'm pretty sure it is a Fruit of the Loom shirt even though the tag had been cut off. Â Mine is a size small, and it's a pretty snug fit. Â After one wash, the collar did loosen up a bit which I don't like. Â It was washed and laid down flat to dry, never dried in a machine. Â Overall, I'm kind of disappointed with the quality of the shirt. Â I would like to purchase a few more, but now I'm a bit skeptical Â
confused.gif

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Cool design, but pretty painfully "oh, threadless" looking.

2. Hate the placement of the graphic.

3. It's alright.

4. Reminds me Sonic Youth for some reason, not sure why.

5. I hate this.

6. Not into it so much.

7. Visually interesting, perhaps too much so. I do like it though.

8. I like the idea, but the execution is sort of bad.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own "Damn Scientists" and "S3770UT" for the record (no you're bitter).

I bought "Obstacle," I think it was called, for my girlfriend. With the walrus creature being moved by an ambulance or something? I don't even remember...

Bought mine when they came out, so it's been a while. The fit is pretty good -- I got mine in size small and they are fitted, not super tight, the way I like them.

The "Damn Scientists" shirt has drawn a lot of compliments. Like, a whole lot.

The "S3770UT" shirt has drawn ****** looks from people I wouldn't like anyway, which is fine by me. It's also drawn several compliments, mostly on the color/graphic placement/general aesthetic (it's the outline of Christ turning into a barcode, FYI).

Threadless running reprints is sort of irritating, since I liked the limited availability thing they had going. Their general aesthetic seems to have become very homogenized as well, recently. It seems like when things started, they didn't have a default "Threadless" style. Now it seems like their stuff all runs together, by and large. Oh, a picture of a boombox, or headphones, or a woman's head with slight stylized touches. Who cares, right? My thoughts anyway...

Their use of actual customers as models is intriguing, although it does lend itself to "God, that kid looks like a loser" pictures, which may not be the best form of advertisement.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The reassuring comments about the white tees being more like cream was pretty useful since these two were my favorite. I'll be getting the first one and the lemuria, maybe a third. Either "Nothing" or the fourth one.
"White" and "natural" tees are different. One is white, one is natural (i.e. "loomstate").

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcelo929