• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norigim

Reaction score
If you were able to get an invite only issue is you would need a Japanese address or know someone that lives in Japan since deliveries don’t start until January. Unless of course you came back 6 months later to pick up your order lol
This isn't a big issue as they can often hold in store for a fair bit of time. I've had stuff held for up to a year since I couldn't make it back out. In addition, trunk orders are sometimes eligible for international shipping although you might need to pay for for duties into your home country.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have another boy arriving a week today. 😉 Bought 5 Visvim shirts yesterday. 🤦 It's going well. 😅
Ta da!
I1eOSpN.jpeg

grs

Reaction score
Anyone handle the SS24 Thorson Mawata in person? What’s your impression?
Definitely doesn't feel like the chirimen silk. Just sort of this thicker, coarser yet clearly not cotton fabric. Maybe I'm just not a silk person but I can't really imagine shelling out four grand for it. Would rather have some limonta nylon on a thorson.

Watty

Reaction score
Got a couple questions I'm hoping folks here have some good leads on:

1. Was recently putting on my Poundmakers and one of my laces broke. Haven't measured the length or done much research yet, but does anyone have some recommendations on where to get either "OEM" laces or good replacements that are similar? Mainly focused on diameter so they can maintain the same level of function with the speed hooks.
  2. Have a few crew neck sweaters and the neck opening is a bit wider than some I've got from other brands. I think that can look good when styled correctly (read: showing some of the neck of the undershirt, but not too much), but obviously I'd guess they're typically styled with VV tees which I'm not one to pay the premium for. Does anyone have recommendations for tees that fit the aesthetic in terms of the neck shape "matching?" A lot of the tee brands I've got tend to be on the "tighter" side, which means there's "too much" of the undershirt's neck showing and it looks unbalanced and like the sweater is too stretched out. Think maybe my LWC tees are okay-ish, but would love to see if others have good recommendations.

botzzz

Reaction score
Got a couple questions I'm hoping folks here have some good leads on:

1. Was recently putting on my Poundmakers and one of my laces broke. Haven't measured the length or done much research yet, but does anyone have some recommendations on where to get either "OEM" laces or good replacements that are similar? Mainly focused on diameter so they can maintain the same level of function with the speed hooks.
  2. Have a few crew neck sweaters and the neck opening is a bit wider than some I've got from other brands. I think that can look good when styled correctly (read: showing some of the neck of the undershirt, but not too much), but obviously I'd guess they're typically styled with VV tees which I'm not one to pay the premium for. Does anyone have recommendations for tees that fit the aesthetic in terms of the neck shape "matching?" A lot of the tee brands I've got tend to be on the "tighter" side, which means there's "too much" of the undershirt's neck showing and it looks unbalanced and like the sweater is too stretched out. Think maybe my LWC tees are okay-ish, but would love to see if others have good recommendations.

i like the velva sheen pocket t's for this (they seem to have a thicker cotton and crunchier feel than the regular ones), the collar has some heft but also after some time wears a little looser so that vintage-y asthetic

Watty

Reaction score
i like the velva sheen pocket t's for this (they seem to have a thicker cotton and crunchier feel than the regular ones), the collar has some heft but also after some time wears a little looser so that vintage-y asthetic
Thanks! Any chance you have a photo showing how they work together?

frunk

Reaction score
Latest pickup - FW22 Eton. I think this release is the most impressive. It's horse leather like the original release, but with the flexibility of lambskin. As a side note, I think between FW22 and FW23 the Eton fit was modified and the upper block was made a lot bigger - wider arm hole and longer sleeve.

Attachments

• IMG_1523.jpg
    IMG_1523.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 51

double___visions

Reaction score
Do these Atticas look legit?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240524_041408_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_041408_eBay.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20240524_041415_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_041415_eBay.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240524_041422_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_041422_eBay.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20240524_041448_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_041448_eBay.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot_20240524_041441_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240524_041441_eBay.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

Watty

Reaction score
Thanks @botzzz and @norigim.

I guess to the former, it still seems like there's a bit more of the undershirt showing than I'd like, but maybe the necks on the two I've got (both ND'd, mud and indigo) are more stretched than the version(s) you've got?

To the latter, I had a few of those before and felt like they'd have had the same issue, but maybe same as the above in that mine are more stretched out.

Anyone got leads on laces? Can you even order replacements from VV?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
proflex