• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received and treated the MacGregors. Took a moderate amount of darker brown polish off and replaced with Saphir medium brown. I really like the copper color. Looks to be 1979 from coding.
I felt like I was taking a chance on this in 11C because I'm typically a 10.5D-11D and in some vintage brands 11.5C. After reading @wasmisterfu post on the 0 last from 7/11/21 and considering the cotton drill forefoot, I took the chance that it would not be too narrow and that the drill would be more forgiving if needed. I am happy to report it is an excellent fit. Thank you to the community as a whole, as well.
Btw, can the cotton drill be cleaned? Should it even be attempted? I just sprayed some Renovateur as best I could.
View attachment 2184441 View attachment 2184443 View attachment 2184445 View attachment 2184447
MacGregor’s arose me from my slumber.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage violation: AE Strand black velvet spectator thingies (being worn with black tie in a blatant rules violation… because I can).

IMG_3796.jpeg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day 2 of a course organized by the American College of Trial Lawyers. It's the first time they're running this program in Canada. It's been a very interesting learning experience for me as most of my faculty are some legendary American trial lawyers. Always important to absorb how people do things differently in other jurisdictions.

And yeah, only lawyers would run a 3 day course during Mothers Day weekend.

Dressed to impress. These are spectators gifted by @Shoonoob.

View attachment 2183433 View attachment 2183435
Counselor, those are big pimpin, right there.

Also, some might consider it borderline genius to have such an event during mother's day weekend.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J for RL in whiskey shell today…
IMG_6057.jpeg
IMG_6058.jpeg

Satoman1

Reaction score
Just grabbed this pair of Allen Edmonds from a online seller, the shoes are on the way shipping to me. The model code is 353 with no name writen, I checked few catalog and find the model from 1964 catalog "The Cayuga" with the model code is 4353, anyone have an idea of 3 digits model number?
On my feet today, a kind of MTO model I guess, date code is 1130 so probably from March 1980.
20240516_1424213.jpg
20240516_1423451~4.jpg

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Counselor, those are big pimpin, right there.

Also, some might consider it borderline genius to have such an event during mother's day weekend.

Yeah, I have 4 pairs of spectators now. They're awesome.

Running a 3 day course on Mothers Day weekend is borderline torture. My wife kept texting me how she had to take care of the kids, all the while I'm learning to cross-examine from a 90+ year old lawyer.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have 4 pairs of spectators now. They're awesome.

Running a 3 day course on Mothers Day weekend is borderline torture. My wife kept texting me how she had to take care of the kids, all the while I'm learning to cross-examine from a 90+ year old lawyer.
Oh man, there’s nothing worse than a “thanks for nothin” text on Mother's day. However, you can take comfort in knowing that your choice in footwear was appropriately festive.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my feet today, a kind of MTO model I guess, date code is 1130 so probably from March 1980.
View attachment 2185213 View attachment 2185217
Those are very nice, and I believe they are indeed the Cayuga. I’ve grown to assume that the three digit model numbers were indicative of an MTO non-catalog model (4 digits with a 0 were retail-specific models for 3rd parties). That said, the Bancroft last, color and material all match the Cayuga, but the welt and sole thickness match circa 1980 AE. Pretty cool find.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are very nice, and I believe they are indeed the Cayuga. I’ve grown to assume that the three digit model numbers were indicative of an MTO non-catalog model (4 digits with a 0 were retail-specific models for 3rd parties). That said, the Bancroft last, color and material all match the Cayuga, but the welt and sole thickness match circa 1980 AE. Pretty cool find.

Any new additions recently?

actionjbone

Reaction score
Recently got my hands on an absolutely wrecked pair of Royal Tweed oxfords.

IMG_20240430_171215178~2.jpg

You can see some of the damage. Deep gouges, oil stains, scuffs through the finish. There was more than I'm showing here. I tried to save the factory finish, but I couldn't cover up all the damage.

So I went another route.

IMG_20240516_210832923.jpg

A nice rich, dark brown. You can still see a little of the damage, but the dark color hides it well enough.

Saved another pair from the dumpster!

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Bartlett today…
IMG_6060.jpeg
IMG_6061.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?