• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
$275 in American money. The soles were $90. I’ve been wearing them the last several days including tonight in the rain and feel very sure-footed, even on steep steel stairs like these. View attachment 2085071
It’s an industrial environment. These boots are not going to be coddled.
View attachment 2085073
Beautiful boots. Let me see if I understand. You get what for most people would be apex grail footwear at a highway robbery price. However, you don't cosset it. Rather, it is your second, "work" wear pair which you are using in industrial environments awash in caustic chemicals like jet fuel.

Well played sir, well played. You live a sartorial life I could only dream of.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful boots. Let me see if I understand. You get what for most people would be apex grail footwear at a highway robbery price. However, you don't cosset it. Rather, it is your second, "work" wear pair which you are using in industrial environments awash in caustic chemicals like jet fuel.

Well, they say you only live once.
IMG_0549.jpeg

I think shell shoes are a good choice for wet weather, since they're less porous. This is after four days of ramp work, including occasionally kicking heavy rubber chocks out from under the landing gear of wide body jets in all the elements, natural and man-made.
IMG_0546.jpeg

One of these had a heavy hitch tongue fall on it last night and for a moment I wished the boots had steel toes, but the apparent scratch buffed right out. Shell is an amazing material.
IMG_0550.jpeg

Last edited:

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for another 'questionable taste' pair I bought during the height of the pandemic lockdown, when I spent far too much time surfing online auctions for shoes.

I call these my "Party Florsheims". They are real leather, model 19031, designed by Duckie Brown, made in India Florsheims with a laser cut pattern on the uppers.

Last night was the first Winter Ball for my alumni association since the pandemic started, so I figured it was the right opportunity to break these out and take them for a spin.

20231207.jpg

Here's a daytime photo I posted when I first got them.

20210305-01.jpg

And wore it with this dark suit with a paisley liner, paisley tie, and paisley pocket square. :p

20210305-02.jpg

dougc33

Reaction score
Maiden voyage for another 'questionable taste' pair I bought during the height of the pandemic lockdown, when I spent far too much time surfing online auctions for shoes.

I call these my "Party Florsheims". They are real leather, model 19031, designed by Duckie Brown, made in India Florsheims with a laser cut pattern on the uppers.

Last night was the first Winter Ball for my alumni association since the pandemic started, so I figured it was the right opportunity to break these out and take them for a spin.

View attachment 2085895

View attachment 2085897

And wore it with this dark suit with a paisley liner, paisley tie, and paisley pocket square. :p

View attachment 2085899
tenor-2230800337.gif

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I recall, shell cordovan was used widely in horse farming/equestrian boots that saw a lot of mucky conditions. For a long time, it was a work-specific material, not the highfalutin' stuff we chalk it up to be.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2085895

View attachment 2085897

View attachment 2085899

That is awesome on so many levels.

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2085895

View attachment 2085897

View attachment 2085899
Seem like the ideal shoes to take you to...Funky Town!
Although it is unclear if the guy in the video is wearing Florsheims.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Florsheim Beacons today

IMG_5191.jpeg
IMG_5192.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. I am still amazed that there was a time when a man could drive down to his local Florsheim store, lay down some money and leave with a pair of these shell LWBs. A better time.

IMG_3505.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member