• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel Update

dougc33

Reaction score
I understand someone here had a bad experience ordering socks from Viccel - wanted to relate my experience.

TL DR: Viccel is alive and well and the best way I found to communicate is via Etsy - patience required

Having a need for some socks and knowing Viccel had decent prices on high quality, OTC ones, I went to Etsy where I know they had a presence. I hit the "contact seller" link on one of Viccel's listing there and asked if I could "mix and match" a dozen pairs. After 2 days or so Ahmet responded and directed me to their website since he only sold pre-assembled bundles on Etsy. He also told me he could give a bit of a discount. Once I picked the ones I wanted I reached out again via Etsy (you can just continue the chat there so there is a history) to ask about how to apply the discount. Again, about a 2 day wait before Ahmet responded with further instructions. Had to go back and forth a few times with him since it was my first order.

I finished the order and waited about a week before inquiring again on Etsy of the status of the order- no reply but the next day I got a status change indicating the order had shipped and soon thereafter a notice from DHL with tracking info was received. A week later, SOCKS!!

All in all, took a month from start to finish. Ahmet was responsive but took a day or 2 to respond. My guess he is very busy and a single order is hard for him to deal with. But, patience won out and I got some great socks. Satisfied customer here.

IMG_5682.JPG

gld edmond

Reaction score
I understand someone here had a bad experience ordering socks from Viccel - wanted to relate my experience.

TL DR: Viccel is alive and well and the best way I found to communicate is via Etsy - patience required

Having a need for some socks and knowing Viccel had decent prices on high quality, OTC ones, I went to Etsy where I know they had a presence. I hit the "contact seller" link on one of Viccel's listing there and asked if I could "mix and match" a dozen pairs. After 2 days or so Ahmet responded and directed me to their website since he only sold pre-assembled bundles on Etsy. He also told me he could give a bit of a discount. Once I picked the ones I wanted I reached out again via Etsy (you can just continue the chat there so there is a history) to ask about how to apply the discount. Again, about a 2 day wait before Ahmet responded with further instructions. Had to go back and forth a few times with him since it was my first order.

I finished the order and waited about a week before inquiring again on Etsy of the status of the order- no reply but the next day I got a status change indicating the order had shipped and soon thereafter a notice from DHL with tracking info was received. A week later, SOCKS!!

All in all, took a month from start to finish. Ahmet was responsive but took a day or 2 to respond. My guess he is very busy and a single order is hard for him to deal with. But, patience won out and I got some great socks. Satisfied customer here.

View attachment 1790535
I have been waiting for over a month for an order they claimed was shipped, no tracking provided, emailed Viccel twice, no response, I have finally had my charge reversed from my credit card. Hard to see how this company is in business

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never had any issues ordering from their regular website. Stuff is usually on sale and ships quickly, they have held up pretty well for me too. 🤷‍♂️

gld edmond

Reaction score
I've never had any issues ordering from their regular website. Stuff is usually on sale and ships quickly, they have held up pretty well for me too. 🤷‍♂️
wish I could say the same, I was looking forward to getting quite a few pairs, but will go elsewhere

gld edmond

Reaction score
I am happy to report that Viccel has actually shipped my order, took over a month to ship, but better late than never, should have it in a few weeks. I only wish they would have answered my emails earlier, I can wait if I understand what is going on, hopefully it will be better in the future.

jcichen

Reaction score
I am happy to report that Viccel has actually shipped my order, took over a month to ship, but better late than never, should have it in a few weeks. I only wish they would have answered my emails earlier, I can wait if I understand what is going on, hopefully it will be better in the future.
Did you contact them or did they just ship after a month?
It was almost a month after that they finally shipped my order. I sent an email to their info@ email address which didn't get a response, but after I responded to their initial email confirmation I got a response within a few days with a tracking number.

I don't know if that did anything, to incentize them shipping my order. I did order from them years ago though, and knew it was going to take a month. With no contact in the interim. So, things haven't changed.
It isn't because of the pandemic, this was just the way they have always done it.

Emospence

Reaction score
That's odd. I just made an order a couple months back, and they shipped within a few working days, and the package arrived like maybe a week after?

gld edmond

Reaction score
That's odd. I just made an order a couple months back, and they shipped within a few working days, and the package arrived like maybe a week after?
I did another order, and it was shipped out pretty fast, very nice socks by the way

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I order some a year or so ago and found them much tighter than my other pairs so that I can't even get them over my calves (which are large). Never had issues with any of the non-winter weight ones before.

All of mine have held up fairly well over the years although they get less wear recently as I'm wearing dress closes less.

Wearing a pair today.
IMG_6465.jpg

gld edmond

Reaction score
What contact did you have with them?
I see you had a prior post stating you are done with them. But obviously something happened since.
Yeah , when I first posted they simply would not communicate ,and I thought I would not get my order, but it finally arrived. I read several places, that is just the way they can be, so when I did my next order it was pretty fast, and the prices and quality are top notch, so I am willing to put up with the issues

jcichen

Reaction score
Yeah , when I first posted they simply would not communicate ,and I thought I would not get my order, but it finally arrived. I read several places, that is just the way they can be, so when I did my next order it was pretty fast, and the prices and quality are top notch, so I am willing to put up with the issues
So, they still don't communicate with you?
Because basically it is wait a month to see if they ship it, and if you receive anything (a few years back when I ordered there simply was no shipping notice, I just got it in the mail a month and a half later).
Given it is charged on a credit card I'm not worried about not losing money, but the uncertainty of when/whether it would come makes it hard for me, because I needed new socks and it was "expedited shipping" and I got it after a month. Shipping itself took less than a week, it just didn't ship for a few weeks.

gld edmond

Reaction score
Because basically it is wait a month to see if they ship it, and if you receive anything (a few years back when I ordered there simply was no shipping notice, I just got it in the mail a month and a half later).
Given it is charged on a credit card I'm not worried about not losing money, but the uncertainty of when/whether it would come makes it hard for me, because I needed new socks and it was "expedited shipping" and I got it after a month. Shipping itself took less than a week, it just didn't ship for a few weeks.
[/QUOT
They never did communicate, it is not a good way of doing business, like I said, I am willing to put up with it, at least for now, but I totally understand what you are saying.

LenteSucia

Reaction score

View attachment 1790535
I've been wearing their socks for years, and I can say that quality of material and customer service have gone downhill. They were never great with customer service, but they came through, but my last order had holes in two pairs, and all the socks were slippery, like they had cheap spray coating, and it took a few washes for them not to slip in my shoes.
Anyhow, emails kept getting bounced back when I tried to get replacement for the sock with holes in them, so I had to resort to Instagram to communicate. It took a few days, but at first they were responsive, but then all of a sudden made a left turn and said that metal in my shoes must have rubbed against the sock and made the holes, then they stopped responding and never sent replacements. Not only is there no metal in any of my shoes, the two pairs with holes were brand new and never worn, as I showed them with photos.
My guess is that they have gotten in over their heads and can't keep up with orders, or else other stuff is going on that is affecting the production and customer service. I'm bummed because I have been wearing their socks for years now, so any suggestions for other companies would be appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nani94