• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hitsuji

Reaction score
Nice Patterns and plains from the new fox air the FA2-44 and 45 probably remain the most popular melanges but I’d love a suit in the FA2-7 and FA2-15

Attachments

• IMG_0959.jpeg
    IMG_0959.jpeg
    529 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0960.jpeg
    IMG_0960.jpeg
    491.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0961.jpeg
    IMG_0961.jpeg
    652.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0962.jpeg
    IMG_0962.jpeg
    557.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0963.jpeg
    IMG_0963.jpeg
    549.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0964.jpeg
    IMG_0964.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0965.jpeg
    IMG_0965.jpeg
    544 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0967.jpeg
    IMG_0967.jpeg
    742.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    514.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0971.jpeg
    IMG_0971.jpeg
    911.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0970.jpeg
    IMG_0970.jpeg
    798 KB · Views: 103

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
I purchased vintage tailoring fabrics and am wanting to know more about the fabric itself and the mill/maker.
Lets start with this one.
I think it said drapers, but don't remember 100%. Bocker sport.
Does anyone have any experience/ clue about this cloth?

Attachments

• 62448BAA-A761-4C7B-B72D-3201736CF192.jpeg
    62448BAA-A761-4C7B-B72D-3201736CF192.jpeg
    475.3 KB · Views: 111

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Patterns and plains from the new fox air the FA2-44 and 45 probably remain the most popular melanges but I’d love a suit in the FA2-7 and FA2-15
FA2-7 is the one in this bunch that caught my eye….. I could see it as a sport coat for sure.
2-15 and 2-17 would be killer suits

ZRH1

Reaction score
dear all, I would appreciate your opinions on a mohair light grey suit.

I have the chance to have a suit made in a vintage Tonik by Dormeuil. I am slightly in doubt given A) the lighter than my usual light grey shade (Fresco III) which could make daily dirt more visibile but most of all B) I am worried about the sheen, as I do like the matte appearance of my Spring Rams for instance. I have a little bit of a sheen on a 100% wool in dark grey vintage and that is ok.

My doubt is if I am doing this purchase because it is a Tonik.

What do you think?

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend Lovat. Below are two that they have produced for LL that I think are fantastic. It's a bit difficult to capture the true colors with my phone, but I think the photos will give you a sense of them.
View attachment 2183175 View attachment 2183177 View attachment 2183179 View attachment 2183181 View attachment 2183183

I have seen similar tones in Lovat's books, though I can't quote any particular books or reference numbers as I didn't make note of them when I saw the swatches. I just found myself impressed by the color and feel of the cloth.
I’ve had that sage green made up. It’s one of my favorites.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dear all, I would appreciate your opinions on a mohair light grey suit.

I have the chance to have a suit made in a vintage Tonik by Dormeuil. I am slightly in doubt given A) the lighter than my usual light grey shade (Fresco III) which could make daily dirt more visibile but most of all B) I am worried about the sheen, as I do like the matte appearance of my Spring Rams for instance. I have a little bit of a sheen on a 100% wool in dark grey vintage and that is ok.

My doubt is if I am doing this purchase because it is a Tonik.

What do you think?
I love the slight sheen and crispness of mohair, much more than the rustic look and scratchiness of open weave fabric like Fresco. But it’s a personal decision, and I’m probably in the minority on Styleforum.

kid1002

Reaction score

Looks great. Does anyone know if Fox Air cloth would work as jacket-only?

I'm looking for some patterned cloth that's crsip and without the shabbiness of Linen.

CLH03

Reaction score

I'm looking for some patterned cloth that's crsip and without the shabbiness of Linen.
I would assume that was the intent of those bold checks. I think there’s some gun clubs floating around in Fox air that look pretty good

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somehow I like the crispness in a suit.

While the patterns intent is as a jacket, presumably, I think the crispiness you seek (which fox air does well) seems more suited for a suit.

But that’s just for me - doesn’t mean it’s right for you. Presumably, Fox issued the patterned fabrics for jackets.

ZRH1

Reaction score
I love the slight sheen and crispness of mohair, much more than the rustic look and scratchiness of open weave fabric like Fresco. But it’s a personal decision, and I’m probably in the minority on Styleforum.
thank you for your comment. Do you have any images you can recommend?

hitsuji

Reaction score

The patterns lend themselves to being jackets especially the louder checks and gunclubs and if you add more casual details e.g. triple patch pockets

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru