• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hitsuji

Reaction score
Speaking of lengths, how do you all store them? I’ve just used individual plastic bags for them and then have an even bigger plastic bag over them.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A suit in Smith’s Blue Riband recently arrived.

I LOVE this fabric. Holds a crease, is great for my internal thermometer, and the finish is fantastic. I prefer it to Premier Cru by far.

My suit is in dark grey. I have a strong preference for grey over navy but there are some nice navies in Blue Riband so I was thinking of going with one of those next… but I see Blue Riband has been pulled from the Harrison’s website. So maybe it’s gone for good.

ZRH1

Reaction score
I thought my stack of 15ish lengths was getting big lol.

Side note, since Caraceni in Milan is closing, I wonder what will happen to her massive stash of cloth. Some real treasure in there im sure.

most of it is gone already, she gave first dips to customers and tailor colleagues. I would have loved to be there to score some very heavy British cloths!

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, seems like it would be the Equinox bunch. Looks promising!

Related question ––
I have a pair of RTW trousers in a 50/50 cotton and viscose mix (from a fashion brand). Sounds unorthodox but they've been really great. Do you guys know if any proper mill would ever do a mix like that?

Yep that’s it. The one I have is a gabardine. The sateens in that book look great as well but are definitely textured and probably not what you’re looking for.

You might want to check Fox “khaki” bunch as well. I have a couple pieces in that and it’s really good also. Very similar to the Dugdale. Both have great colors as well.

Never heard of a high end mill doing any kind of viscose blend. If you’re interested in a blend, check out Drapers Three Kings for the tricotine which is something like 70/30 cotton and wool blend. It’s incredible for summer trousering and would be the “dressiest” option of the three. Slightly limited colors though I’m afraid.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for cotton / viscose blends ( another very similar option would be cotton / rayon ) look at women's dress fabrics i'd expect to see plenty of options there . ( there is no such thing as womens' vs mens' fabrics obvz )

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, bamboo cloth is basically a type of rayon/viscose. I think HFW have a bunch with some kind of bamboo blend.

Last edited:

Fad P

Reaction score
for cotton / viscose blends ( another very similar option would be cotton / rayon ) look at women's dress fabrics i'd expect to see plenty of options there . ( there is no such thing as womens' vs mens' fabrics obvz )
I believe it’s actually the same material just a different (US?) name for it. Either way I’m still to find a good version of it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hawaiianshirt