• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noirkw

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations @Concordia @The Chai @bernoulli @jonathanS @TheSuitBurnsBetter

@Concordia to be honest I am not entirely sure yet, I am open to both at this stage, although seems easier to find an olive shade cloth (my impression is there are more options in that shade)

@The Chai nice one, will try to go to the local dealer to see it in person. Looking at the Spencer Bryson website they seem to have quite a few options across different ranges

I have an olive crispaire suit that I've brought on long haul business trips (Asia -> NYC). No matter how well I pack them (I have both garment rollies and carry on garment bags), they get absolutely trashed. Even hanging them through a steam shower doesn't get all the creases out. If you plan to pack them, I would avoid. Go for something like fox air or finmeresco green?ish? houndstooth.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've owned a pair of Crispaire trousers. Of course it's not a bad fabric, quite soft with a decent drape, but it's not comparable with the Draper's 4-ply. Crispaire is more tightly weaved and less breatheable and, above all, a lot more fragile. The pair has ripped off few years after its making.

For those who can't bear the scratchiness of a true Fresco, the 4-ply should be the first choice for a high twist. For warm weather nothing can't surpass a heavy linen. No matter the weight, the dryness of the cloth will save you from overheating.
Total agreement. If you don’t like the scratchiness of fresco, try drapers ascot / 4 ply or fox air. Fox air leans more toward fresco in terms of hand than ascot. But I like both. I’m still evaluating fox air & thinking about it: while I like both, I think I might like fox air more than drapers. Drapers, of course, has better color options. But I like both.

WhereNext

Reaction score
Joshua Ellis 100% cashmere jacketing.
Thank you for this, I will definitely check them out online and/or with the tailors (hopefully!). I appreciate your help.

Edited to add: interestingly, when I did an image search for "Joshua Ellis cashmere houndstooth", this popped up. It's from Kiton, but is pretty much the scale I was going for:
NMN7EWG_bu.jpg

Last edited:

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this, I will definitely check them out online and/or with the tailors (hopefully!). I appreciate your help.

Edited to add: interestingly, when I did an image search for "Joshua Ellis cashmere houndstooth", this popped up. It's from Kiton, but is pretty much the scale I was going for:

The scale of the Joshua Ellis is smaller but big enough not to be confused with a suiting cloth.

relegant

Reaction score
Hello, hoping to get some advice on a mid-to-dark grey flannel suit. Planning for a double breasted. I have looked at Fox (13/14 oz) and VBC (12 oz) flannels - leaning towards Fox if not too cost-prohibitive as it appears more robust based on others' reviews. Any other fabrics/swatches I should consider?

matchankh

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. Recently, I came across these Denim Chinos from The Armoury.

https://www.thearmoury.com/collections/chinos/denim-army-chinos?variant=39948873302087

I have also wanted a pair of flat front casual chinos in either off white or khaki. Unfortunately, the ready-to-wear sizing doesn't accommodate my muscular thighs due to my regular workouts. As a result, I'm considering going for a bespoke option.

I was wondering if any of you could recommend a similar cotton denim fabric that I could explore for my bespoke chinos. Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Simon A

Reaction score
Hello, hoping to get some advice on a mid-to-dark grey flannel suit. Planning for a double breasted. I have looked at Fox (13/14 oz) and VBC (12 oz) flannels - leaning towards Fox if not too cost-prohibitive as it appears more robust based on others' reviews. Any other fabrics/swatches I should consider?
You could look at the Huddersfield Fine Worsted's Flannels book; they are woollen flannels in heavyweight and medium weight. https://www.hfwltd.com/collection/47

Marshak

Reaction score
Yes, they are from the recent run- so thanks to @kolecho and let’s motivate him once again to organise something for us

Just out of fun, would anybody be interested in minnis riviera re-runs? In case these are possible…

Me too, only in a tracksuit color.

Marshak

Reaction score

VBC flannel = crap. Fox 13/14 Oz = too light. Right choice : Hardy Minnis 18 Oz flannel.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newbodydropsprijs