• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, looks pretty good to me, to be honest. Only quibble might be the different color thread. I think the OP was pissed that he had to pay more in shipping than the actual cost of the resole. The complaint about "machine chewing into rubber sole" was just ... silly.

Good? They completely missed the original holes now compromising the uppers for future resoles.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s actually very unfortunate to see this.

They seems like good people who have fun, but they clearly need a person with an operations background to run the daily show, and ensure a quality product is produced.

There is no point on producing a handmade in the USA good without above acceptable quality. Especially for a brand that says they have no aspirations in becoming a large company.

Reaction score
I'm probably gonna visit their factory in Boulder here in a couple of weeks. Any questions I should ask them? I'd love for a way to ask about their quality control issues recently too without being a rude prick about it.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Can you ask them:

(1) If they really plan to stop offering unstructured toe boots? That's a big mistake IMO.

(2) What happened to the chelsea they were working on? What about the upland boot they ran briefly? That was great - sorry I didn't get a chance to order one. They floated the chelsea prototype a while ago (not the best) and it seems to have disappeared. Upland seems to have vanished into thin air.

Thanks!

rose city mike

Reaction score
^ Can you ask them:

(1) If they really plan to stop offering unstructured toe boots? That's a big mistake IMO.

(2) What happened to the chelsea they were working on? What about the upland boot they ran briefly? That was great - sorry I didn't get a chance to order one. They floated the chelsea prototype a while ago (not the best) and it seems to have disappeared. Upland seems to have vanished into thin air.

Thanks!

Looks like one question is answered: they just released an upland in brown nut Dublin!

As to QC issues:I got my first Truman a month ago and it had zero issues. I would not put it on the same level as the Viberg I got this month, but still a great boot. Hopefully mine is not the outlier, but I do hope the toe and QC questions get asked.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they were around $650. The leather might’ve been less expensive than the Dublin though.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok and fair enough but does Viberg offer an upland equivalent? I'd think it fair to compare the regular boot to viberg being comparable styles. I'm pretty ambivalent but seems apples to oranges to me.

Shalomp

Reaction score
depending on who u purchase yor vibergs from, i tend to notice trumans are around 30% less pricey than vibergs on the whole :)

liquidjelly

Reaction score
Has anyone had a delayed shipping time with Truman?

I placed an order on the 15th for an in-stock boot, received a (false) shipping notification on the 21st, and since then, multiple emails from Truman stating that there was a build problem and that they'd ship no later than the 26th.

It's currently 2/1 and my tracking number still hasn't shown any movement. How much more time is reasonable to wait before initiating a chargeback? I don't mind waiting if there's open communication and expected ship date, but the communication is slow and I've received two emails telling me that they should have shipped already (but haven't.)

I want to support miUSA and these seem like great people, but this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth.

sask boot

Reaction score
Ok and fair enough but does Viberg offer an upland equivalent? I'd think it fair to compare the regular boot to viberg being comparable styles. I'm pretty ambivalent but seems apples to oranges to me.
Excellent point, viberg does not offer a high boot like the upland. I am wondering why the upland has to be that much more than one of their regular boots.

biabia

Reaction score
Has anyone had a delayed shipping time with Truman?

I placed an order on the 15th for an in-stock boot, received a (false) shipping notification on the 21st, and since then, multiple emails from Truman stating that there was a build problem and that they'd ship no later than the 26th.

It's currently 2/1 and my tracking number still hasn't shown any movement. How much more time is reasonable to wait before initiating a chargeback? I don't mind waiting if there's open communication and expected ship date, but the communication is slow and I've received two emails telling me that they should have shipped already (but haven't.)

I want to support miUSA and these seem like great people, but this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Hasn't moved? Like the courier was notified of a package but haven't received it yet? Or the courier is in possession of the package and it hasn't moved? If it's the former, I would just contact Truman and let them know that the tracking does not show the courier receiving the package and see what Truman can do on their end.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bashar