• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy a lotto ticket but only for the ten minutes worth of dreams not for hope. If I won though it would be damn funny.

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy a lotto ticket but only for the ten minutes worth of dreams not for hope. If I won though it would be damn funny.

I see you've yet to post me on this thread.
lol8[1].gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MattSF

Reaction score
Yo

You at least get the 10 minutes worth of dreams our of the lotto ticket. I agree that lotto tickets are predominantly thrust upon poor people, but at least you get some benefit out of it. Outright scams on poor people are reserved for the worst form of humanity.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i cant speak for the dude in the eatery, but for people who have multiple severe food allergies its more like miserable.
:(

I don't believe such people exist outside bubbles. Malingerers.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i love you harvey, but such people exist. i know a few, and it aint no cakewalk. im sure there are plenty johnny come latelys, but such people do exist.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hate group gifts.

Seriously, I do. I'm talking about larger groups and a thank you gift for planning something (not like 2-3 friends getting together to buy another close friend something awesome for their birthday)

I understand that you want to thank the guy (in fact, I already gave him a gift myself), but is roping 30 people into chipping in some insignificant amount and buying him something tacky or that he will never use really the right way to show it?

Are you trying to force the ingrates with poor social graces to give adequate thanks? Then just make everyone sign a card and get some booze or a certificate for a nice meal. At least that will be appreciated and used unlike a custom t-shirt or some engraved cordial glasses (think how often you use your cordial glasses...and then think how many times you truly wish those glasses were engraved with text commemorating some random thing from 4 years ago?)

Are you reticent that you did not give adequate thanks but unwilling to spend much money on it yourself (and thus want to spread the cost of implementing your gift idea out across a bunch of people)? Either suck it up and just do it yourself, or realize that this is truly somewhere where it is the thought that counts and do what you feel comfortable with.

I just never feel like these things turn out great...after everyone is done putting in their opinion on what the gift should be, the end result just feels like a gift by committee. As the recipient, you know that somebody went around with a collection, and there would be strong peer pressure to contribute, so its not even like you get the sentiment of an individual going out of their way to thank you.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

This was recently stated when bonuses and raises were awarded by another junior person:

"The company is growing and profiting every year, so no excuse not to pay me more..."

I kid you not.

wow.

I know you're kidding brah, but I do have severe food allergy- at least enough for me to pass out several times and me ending up in the emergency room more times than I can remember. its a ****** situation, specially if it strikes you when you're alone in a totally unfamiliar environment. but I do agree one shouldn't be an annoyance though.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score

No, every once in a while I decide to shed my manly man man SF shtick and realize that hey, wait, somewhere in the real world there are real people with real problems that don't like to be treated like lying scumbags because of a congential defect. Sorry if their birth negatively affects your Internet persona.

"Manly man SF shtick?" Is that the latest pre-teen code phrase for being an idiot?

Seriously, do us all a favor and stick to discussions more in line with your intellectual pay grade - like whining about bread. You seem to be pretty good at that at least. After all, it doesn't involve working or thinking or any of that tough stuff that you're clearly not used to......

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my deodorant stick fell out of its container [it was almost finished]. I didn't notice. proceeded to scrape my right armpit back and forth with empty deodorant stick receptacle. now I have irritated burning right armpit for the rest of the day/days/maybe week.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

my deodorant stick fell out of its container [it was almost finished]. I didn't notice. proceeded to scrape my right armpit back and forth with empty deodorant stick receptacle. now I have irritated burning right armpit for the rest of the day/days/maybe week.

You should give your scrub nurse a huge ******* raise this moment.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So far my week has not been as productive as I'd hoped, as non-research obligations have taken up more of my time than I expected. Last night I copyedited a paper in which the author quoted a fairly obscure 18th century book. But instead of quoting from the book directly, she apparently used a pdf she found online where passages from that text were rendered into contemporary English. And so I had to go and find all the correct quotes. This took up an hour of my valuable time all by itself.

While I'm at it--let me point out as a PSA that an em dash does not do the same work as a comma. Apparently--many people think they are the same.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HerbeWilk