• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is how fast the storm on Thursday rolled in. What this clip doesn't show is how the sky quickly turned green afterwards. I was running on the track on the opposite of where my car was parked when this happened. The darkness rolled in and then the sky turned green. That's when I knew I was totally fvcked.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wtf is all I can think.
The first one is a $1.1m 2br/2ba.

Ok, it is 2900sf on 3 wooded acres in a pretty prime spot...but still, Wtf.

I mean, it has some cool potential, but it is pretty dated and would need some work (especially if you wanted to return it to having more bedrooms), so still, WTF.
acf6318ac53df21ea10b9228225eefc7-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Those tile ceilings were like for the fancy basements growing up. Much more common was an old area rug on concrete floors (with a shower type drain visible somewhere) and a couple old pieces of furniture, probably to include book shelves made of cinder blocks and 2x10s or milk crates, and exposed joists above. Lighting would of course be an exposed incandescent with a pull chain.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those tile ceilings were like for the fancy basements growing up. Much more common was an old area rug on concrete floors (with a shower type drain visible somewhere) and a couple old pieces of furniture, probably to include book shelves made of cinder blocks and 2x10s or milk crates, and exposed joists above. Lighting would of course be an exposed incandescent with a pull chain.

All finished midwest basements when I was young were like this.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

All finished midwest basements when I was young were like this.

Yep. So many memorie spending time in basements like that when I was a kid in Michigan. I still remember the first time I went to a friend's house who had a finished basement (of course with the drop-in acoustic tile) and was blown away.

I've never seen drop-in ceilings like that in a main living area though so that's definitely weird. The pics @otc posted definitely made me think those were basements or at least partially below ground level. I do recall seeing some older homes that had some renovations done in the '70s during the energy crisis where they lowered the ceilings from 11' or whatever closer to 8' as a way to be more energy efficient, but that was usually done by framing it up and putting up drywall to make it look like it was always built that way.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep. So many memorie spending time in basements like that when I was a kid in Michigan. I still remember the first time I went to a friend's house who had a finished basement (of course with the drop-in acoustic tile) and was blown away.

I've never seen drop-in ceilings like that in a main living area though so that's definitely weird. The pics @otc posted definitely made me think those were basements or at least partially below ground level. I do recall seeing some older homes that had some renovations done in the '70s during the energy crisis where they lowered the ceilings from 11' or whatever closer to 8' as a way to be more energy efficient, but that was usually done by framing it up and putting up drywall to make it look like it was always built that way.

Those were basements (or at least bottom floor on a sort of split-level or half-basement setup).

The first one's main floor is in the spoilered post and actually has some very nice ceilings (and some really ugly carpet and couches).

And yeah, as a Midwesterner, tiled ceilings were all over in basements (although usually smaller tiles, not the giant office-sized-rectangles). Basements are less common here in MT, but certainly some of those trends carried over to houses of a similar era.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Finished basements were pretty rare in CT in thr 70s, which turned out to be a good thing when we learned about radon.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently TLC has a show called MILF Manor and they're on S2. Right now on S2 it's older women with younger men and the twist is all the men's dads are also competing for the women. What in the actual fvck?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently TLC has a show called MILF Manor and they're on S2. Right now on S2 it's older women with younger men and the twist is all the men's dads are also competing for the women. What in the actual fvck?
I wouldn't back myself against Omega Minor, who has like 20% less body fat and 80% more hair. I guess 100% less money might be a potential equalizer with the kind of skank who would go on a dumb, exploitative show like that?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't back myself against Omega Minor, who has like 20% less body fat and 80% more hair. I guess 100% less money might be a potential equalizer with the kind of skank who would go on a dumb, exploitative show like that?

This guy has a breakdown of episode 2 where apparently one dad sells private jets for a living and big dogs his kid. You can just see the insecurity in his son's face.

Edit: This guy also did a breakdown of every episode of S1. The S1 twist is the guys are the MILFs' sons. Some of the weirdest most degenerate sh1t ever.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that's ... all kinds of fucked up even for reality television.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember "Average Joe"?
Nerdy guys, I think on an island, competing for the love of a beauty queen.
After a week or so just when you think they're all settled in with the normalcy, and who's who, they show a boat speeding towards their location full of young hunky dudes who are about to move in and join the competition.
It was fantastic.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They really need to work on their methodology.
Naples?

Sorry, but Gulf coast south Florida with an economy built on sh!tty tourism and sh!ttier geriatric home healthcare jobs does not seem appealing.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tristanzelden