• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I’m late here but #3…I wouldn’t try to change to blued hands though— assuming the stock hands are black and not silver.

Whatever platinum version he wants, he should try to get it with a platinum version of the current Tank LC rose gold bracelet. The bracelet is a work of art. Custom platinum Tank LC with salmon dial (no guilloche and color same as 90th anniversary of Santos Dumont) on platinum bracelet would be killer.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever platinum version he wants, he should try to get it with a platinum version of the current Tank LC rose gold bracelet. The bracelet is a work of art. Custom platinum Tank LC with salmon dial (no guilloche and color same as 90th anniversary of Santos Dumont) on platinum bracelet would be killer.
A platinum bracelet would probably run like $50k+. That's some real aristocrat money to be throwing around.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which is preferred? Stock version of the Tank LC is rose gold with silver dial (#1). But what about platinum with silver dial (#2), platinum with salmon dial and sapphire cabochon (#3), or platinum with salmon dial and ruby cabochon (#4)?

I’d likely replace the stock blued sword hands with blued Breguet hands and make the dial a flat, fine grained texture without guilloche if switched to salmon color. Unfortunately, however, the below is the best I could do on my phone to illustrate.

1. Stock rose gold with silver dial:
View attachment 1733717

2. Platinum with silver dial:
View attachment 1733714

3. Platinum with salmon dial:
View attachment 1733715

4. Platinum with salmon dial and a ruby cabochon (instead of sapphire):
View attachment 1733716

Not really a fan of salmon dials. I've only liked it on one AP I saw years ago. That being said, if you are considering commissioning a watch from Cartier, perhaps you should check out this video of Wei Koh and his friend Mo. Both ordered special versions of Tank Cintrees in platinum. One is a silver dial with burgundy numerals, and the other is a pink dial with burgundy numerals, and both have black rhodium treated hands. Anyway, not the model you are interested in, but seeing their watches may spark some ideas.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can only really answer based on my own preferences: Early on I realised that yellow gold isn't for me (when I was 19 I bought a used Tank Must de Cartier in vermeil (so gold plated silver), but only kept it for a few months and saved up for my no date Sub instead). As for dials, I'm not really into either of these shiny ones. And for the cabochon I would only want the sapphire - weird they won't do that on platinum, when they've done so before.

Basically, I would want something as close as possible to this pre-CPCP Louis Cartier Tank:

View attachment 1734020

:satisfied:

I’m going to try and spec a flat/matte dial without guilloche. From what I understand, the mandatory ruby with platinum is a new rule.

I think I’m late here but #3…I wouldn’t try to change to blued hands though— assuming the stock hands are black and not silver.

Stock hands are already blued steel. That is traditional for Tanks. If I really am “stuck” with a ruby cabochon though, I may do black or grey hands of some sort.

A platinum bracelet would probably run like $50k+. That's some real aristocrat money to be throwing around.

Not a fan of bracelets on Tanks. Yucko.

Not really a fan of salmon dials. I've only liked it on one AP I saw years ago. That being said, if you are considering commissioning a watch from Cartier, perhaps you should check out this video of Wei Koh and his friend Mo. Both ordered special versions of Tank Cintrees in platinum. One is a silver dial with burgundy numerals, and the other is a pink dial with burgundy numerals, and both have black rhodium treated hands. Anyway, not the model you are interested in, but seeing their watches may spark some ideas.

Have seen that video. I suspect they both went with the burgundy numerals because of the ruby cabochon. Wei Koh’s dial is too straight-up pink for me though. I want a true salmon color.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have seen that video. I suspect they both went with the burgundy numerals because of the ruby cabochon. Wei Koh’s dial is too straight-up pink for me though. I want a true salmon color.

You can add the CPCP floral pattern at the center like this guy did with their customs Cintree.
1BBB0950-2FD6-448A-956E-017B3314D486.jpeg

ducatiti

Reaction score
Where did you get that if I may ask? I am looking to replace the OEM bracelet on my Seamaster (which is the generation prior to yours, with the dial that has no waves).

From WUS forum. Lucky to find them new including the US end links for the 300m. You can purchase the bracelet from the Omega Boutique for around $700+...

Well worth as it will fit your Speedmaster as well, if you have one :) OEM end links fits on the 3861 using 16mm springbars fyi.
d718bc9c-edbb-4b4f-a9d8-919715be0f5a-jpeg.16089741

ca1ff288-60ca-471e-86ce-e49ea2ab4fe0-jpeg.16349943

a47c657c-23c6-4814-8e2a-011153f3becd-jpeg.16349945

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you get that if I may ask? I am looking to replace the OEM bracelet on my Seamaster (which is the generation prior to yours, with the dial that has no waves).
An OEM Apollo 11 flat link bracelet won’t fit yours without special endlinks. You’ll have to go aftermarket.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For full OEM checkout this thread for ideas. The lug holes should be the same on your Seamaster, the 2254, and my 2220.80

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
Is that the premium including the case material change, dial customization, etc.?
Absolutely. I’m guessing it can go much higher if you want specific gems or I don’t know what but mine is precisely 20% more expensive than the same case material but with a significant dial change, new hands and cabochon.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Absolutely. I’m guessing it can go much higher if you want specific gems or I don’t know what but mine is precisely 20% more expensive than the same case material but with a significant dial change, new hands and cabochon.

Got it. How did you change the case material?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BejeWear