• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mood Indigo

Reaction score
The A2 is incredible. I ordered one in a 40—my usual size—from Nordstrom (during a flash 40% sale!), and then a 42 from Drake's. Both were too small in the chest, ultimately. But it was so gorgeous that I almost talked myself into keeping the 42.

Do you have any photos ?

Ortip

Reaction score
Gambled on the archive sale and may have lost. Here's the given vs actual measurements on the vintage chambray button down, size 15.75:

Given / Actual
Chest: 23.33 / 20
Shoulder to shoulder: 17.88 / 16.5
Overarm sleeve length: 26.22 / 24
Base of collar to hem: 32.40 / 29.5

I can handle some natural variation but this is ridiculous. It's so shrunken I can't wear the thing. Asked for a refund, we'll see.
Well I'll be damned - they're actually giving me a refund and free return label. Good on them

Trevallon

Reaction score
Received the Crosby Chukkas in Khaki Green Suede today, in a box and with an extra pair of laces. Happy with Drake's customer service and condition of the sales items, as always.

anr78

Reaction score
Raglan coat in 38 (1m83 / 80ish kg) - definitely room for layering! But at 13 degrees just right without.
IMG_0903.jpeg

LiamMcM

Reaction score
Has anyone tried on the new tweed blazers? The size charts indicate a very similar cut to the Games blazers despite the description claiming they have a more tailored fit.

turned_up

Reaction score
I noticed this too and wondered if it was a one-off for the capsule. I guess we will find out when spring/summer stuff comes out.
It seems not, more jackets added on-line with that new block and the brown windowpane I had my eyes on already sold out in my size! I asked them at the store like a month ago how come we have not seen any new tailored tweed sportcoats for the past year or so and they told me that the Games blazers have been more popular and if someone wanted one of the classic ones, he could go MTM so I am (pleasantly) surprised to see more being added now.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Well I'll be damned - they're actually giving me a refund and free return label. Good on them
I had the same experience in an archive sale awhile back — ordered a shirt which ended up being *much* smaller than the size chart, but I was able to return for a refund. Bummer that the size charts are still so consistently wrong, though.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
Does the cotton canvas chore break in? Feels so stiff compared to my moleskine chore. I understand they are totally different in terms of build, but was curious if the canvas softens over time.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Has anyone tried on the new tweed blazers? The size charts indicate a very similar cut to the Games blazers despite the description claiming they have a more tailored fit.

I haven't tried one on, but I just looked at the size chart and I don't believe for a second that it's accurate — a 23.4" chest on a size 40 sounds way off.

Reaction score
Spot on, although it seems more prominent on that photo of MH:

View attachment 2128969

Compared to the shopfront:

View attachment 2128971

View attachment 2128973
This is a poor comparison. The perspective of looking upwards, as you’re photographing these mannequins, would make the gorge appear higher vs looking downwards (ever so slightly in the Hill photo). Unless you’re exceptionally tall, few people would see the gorge as in your photos….all this being the reason a higher gorge is recommended for shorter men.

tipitai

Reaction score
Does the cotton canvas chore break in? Feels so stiff compared to my moleskine chore. I understand they are totally different in terms of build, but was curious if the canvas softens over time.
Yes - it absolutely will break in, but it will still never be as soft as your moleskin. My canvas chore has worn really well over the last 5 years and is a joy to wear.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member