• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

csm88

Reaction score
They do know about Drake's but 2nd hand market pricing is all over the place for diff brands and the ppl at the warehouse where they price this stuff are not paid to know the market or much about clothing. They will price a white shirt at $125 but the casentino pieces at $40 because they think the condition is bad. I'm sure there's a whole group of resellers who scour the site for brands that TRR consistently misprices.
There’s definitely some big eBay shops that do this. I use TRR pretty casually, but I have eBay alerts for J.M. Weston, Alden and John Lobb shoes and I’ve noticed that whatever insanely undervalued shoes that sold on TRR tend to pop up on eBay a week later at a stupid markup. It’s possibly the same with Drake’s stuff as well.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Was so inspired by this campaign that I went out and bought this scarf while traveling in NYC, even though it’s cheaper in Europe...

Trying to make up for it now by buying a pair of Alden tasseled loafers that are cheaper in the USA by contrast lmao.

70181093-3016-4D82-9FE6-0E0C71B7D48C.png

billbar

Reaction score
Is there another blue French work jacket that is nicer than this drakes one? Paynter do a really nice one but look at this doozy.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Is there another blue French work jacket that is nicer than this drakes one? Paynter do a really nice one but look at this doozy.

Doubt it is nicer but this is a moleskin French blue chore jacket made by Fleurs de Bagne who specializes in French workwear. It can be styled in a Drake's type of way.

The stylistic details are quite similar to Drake's chore jackets. I wish this one was a bit longer, say an inch, and had stiffer collar. I mean, the sides of the collar tends to be very sloppy. Lower pockets are a bit too small in my opinion.

Price is a fraction of the Drake's chore jackets as well. But taking into account the aforementioned issues I would buy a Drake's chore jacket during the archive sale instead.

1667134545849.png

Last edited:

DerbyKelly

Reaction score
I love those scarves but they're a bit showy, unless you live in a hip area. Then again I am a style coward.
The chore jackets are the opposite. Not a flattering look, especially if you're on the shorter side. I don't get that look at all.

Treble

Reaction score
I find the French blue a slightly less versatile colour because of the sort of purple hue. I'm sure it ages nicely though. Think the normal Navy is easier and a little away from workwear, but hopefully that will pick up a patina. I think Juniors do one which might be inbetween those price points?

AW84

Reaction score

Might be worth checking Vetra or Le Laboureur.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Those looking for French chore coats should look at Arpenteur:

Drake’s actually collaborated with Arpenteur on a few pieces in 2016, including chore coats.

Most important though, they're all still made in France.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Try Le Mont Saint Michel. I think they were one of the original chore jacket makers.

Trevallon

Reaction score
I have to say that for me, the Drake's Chore Coat is it, and I haven't found a nicer one. I have quite the collection, some of the brands mentioned here ( Vetra and Le Mont Saint Michel), vintage german chore coats and one from Pointer.
My brown Drake's Corduroy Chore is the one I turn to most often.

The french chores I know, Vetra and Le Mont Saint Michel, have slim fitting sleeves and generous fit in the body which I find a little unflattering sometimes. Le Mont Saint Michel doesn't have an inside pocket, thought that was easily added by a tailor. The Drake's Chore has two inside pockets, the best length, it is longer than all my other chore coats and more generous sleeves. After a couple of wears it was the perfect slouchy yet still elegant jacket.

I love it. I got it from the archive sale, for 450 €, which seems well worth it to me.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
I have to say that for me, the Drake's Chore Coat is it, and I haven't found a nicer one. I have quite the collection, some of the brands mentioned here ( Vetra and Le Mont Saint Michel), vintage german chore coats and one from Pointer.
My brown Drake's Corduroy Chore is the one I turn to most often.

The french chores I know, Vetra and Le Mont Saint Michel, have slim fitting sleeves and generous fit in the body which I find a little unflattering sometimes. Le Mont Saint Michel doesn't have an inside pocket, thought that was easily added by a tailor. The Drake's Chore has two inside pockets, the best length, it is longer than all my other chore coats and more generous sleeves. After a couple of wears it was the perfect slouchy yet still elegant jacket.

I love it. I got it from the archive sale, for 450 €, which seems well worth it to me.
Exactly, all the necessary details are there. They are for sure worth the money.

Phillip Dean

Reaction score
Agreed, the Drake’s chore is almost a perfect product. I particularly enjoy the heft of the materials used to make it, which provides a bit of unexpected elegance in the drape.

I say “almost” because the fit varies so much based on the fabric. I bought and kept the dark rinse denim and the linen, each of which had very generous sleeves. I also bought the corduroy and cotton, but each proved shorter in the body and sleeve and were resold. Just received the bleached denim, which I felt might be the most attractive, but will be returning it as the sleeve is close to an inch shorter than the dark denim.

LiamMcM

Reaction score
Agreed, the Drake’s chore is almost a perfect product. I particularly enjoy the heft of the materials used to make it, which provides a bit of unexpected elegance in the drape.

I say “almost” because the fit varies so much based on the fabric. I bought and kept the dark rinse denim and the linen, each of which had very generous sleeves. I also bought the corduroy and cotton, but each proved shorter in the body and sleeve and were resold. Just received the bleached denim, which I felt might be the most attractive, but will be returning it as the sleeve is close to an inch shorter than the dark denim.
Further to your point, whereas my needlecord chore fits perfectly, both denim chores I tried in the same size fit me terribly in the upper body, seemingly due to the armholes…

smrad

Reaction score
The armholes have been an issue for me too. Just feels constricted. When I size up, it throws off the other proportions.

990v4

Reaction score
I'll second (no, third) the chore coat armhole issues. I tried on the beautiful red version this summer and it was very constricting to raise my arm, not really something I could ride the subway in. Shame. But saved me some money.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incitylimo