• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well....yes.
As far as I know,

The shoes on their website look like ****!

They are a factory that also makes shoes for Nordstorm, Zegna and Ralph Lauren- So brand names that do once again sell high level stuff! I wont elaborate on high level as I already did!

Goodyear Flex is once again a game changer as it is nothing but a marketing hoax. Thinning the waist and insole just as blake rapid construction and what they have not shown is how they make room for welt stitch! Glued ****!!

MOST DEFINITELY A HIGH LEVEL GAME CHANGER!!!

What is this revolutionary construction!! Please elaborate as this is what i know and I would like the experts to explain this so called revolutionary shoe construction?

RapFan

Reaction score
As far as I know,

The shoes on their website look like ****!

They are a factory that also makes shoes for Nordstorm, Zegna and Ralph Lauren- So brand names that do once again sell high level stuff! I wont elaborate on high level as I already did!

Goodyear Flex is once again a game changer as it is nothing but a marketing hoax. Thinning the waist and insole just as blake rapid construction and what they have not shown is how they make room for welt stitch! Glued ****!!

MOST DEFINITELY A HIGH LEVEL GAME CHANGER!!!

What is this revolutionary construction!! Please elaborate as this is what i know and I would like the experts to explain this so called revolutionary shoe construction?
Bro it's just shoes man, chill out, at the end of the day you use them to step on ****.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bro it's just shoes man, chill out, at the end of the day you use them to step on ****.
But I am here to learn about high level shoes! I do admit I don’t know everything about shoes or shoe making proceeders!

It is all fun and games but some stuff is hard to ignore! 😂

Ok let’s go back to 70% off sales at Harry Rosen posts 😂😂😂

Last edited:

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can see him standing at Union Station yelling at dudes all day on their square toed shoes.

0cb9ca482b880b5b184a7cba71cb7d8c.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see him standing at Union Station yelling at dudes all day on their square toed shoes.

0cb9ca482b880b5b184a7cba71cb7d8c.jpg
Yo, don't take pics of me without my consent

TimothyF

Reaction score

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really unfortunate. A sad story for brand imo.
I’ve never seen more than 5 people simultaneously at BB so not sure what is so sad. In general, the fact that Canadian peeps crave and are dominated by US culture makes it ironic when American companies have to exit a market like Toronto.

Oh well….

partenopean

Reaction score
I’ve never seen more than 5 people simultaneously at BB so not sure what is so sad. In general, the fact that Canadian peeps crave and are dominated by US culture makes it ironic when American companies have to exit a market like Toronto.

Oh well….

Toronto's demographics are changing. Most of the precipitous change took place during 2021, when we were ordered to lock ourselves in our homes, and the change has been accelerating since.

Have you seen the new people of Toronto? They are not interested in clothes --- a hoodie from Walmart, sweatpants found at a goodwill, and rubber flipflops during 12C weather (presumably an heirloom from when they were 5) will do.

A Made in Bangladesh backpack, as large as the person wearing in, is the essential accessory.

Cigarettes are also essential, the cheaper the better.

Showering optional, you can always go to the local Shoppers and spray something on, if trying to impress a female or something.

Do you think Brooks Brothers would survive in a city with such a changing population?

partenopean

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong -- these people have money, oodles and oodles of it. The red carpet was laid out not for them per se, but for their money and their willingness to work despite having money.

But their interest is not in clothes. It is in investing in real estate.

Toronto will be the city of nothing but condo towers, to rival any new city built in post-2000 China.

There isn't enough water in North America to service the inhabitants of Condoronto. Hence the showering optional.

HotDilf

Reaction score
the cheaper the better

Interestingly, LVMH is betting big on the opening of two Loro Piana stores in Toronto, one on Bloor beside Dior where Dolce & Gabbana closed its doors, and the other at Yorkdale in front of Brunello Cucinelli.

You reckon there really is a market in Toronto for $4,000 sweaters?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong -- these people have money, oodles and oodles of it. The red carpet was laid out not for them per se, but for their money and their willingness to work despite having money.

But their interest is not in clothes. It is in investing in real estate.

Toronto will be the city of nothing but condo towers, to rival any new city built in post-2000 China.

There isn't enough water in North America to service the inhabitants of Condoronto. Hence the showering optional.
I think you missed the fact that Brooks Brothers is not catering to the general population of the people of Toronto regardless of the points you make. BB assumedly was catering to clothing enthusiasts who would/should have appreciated them having a physical presence in Toronto yet failed in this market. The price of mens tailored clothing in this city is outrageous - does not compute for me personally.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dialdesk