• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

highlifeman

Reaction score
Holy crap.....totally amazing.....

after reading last nights posts....dont know if I'll ever post finds here again lol.....

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
I am probably the best golfer that frequents this thread. whatchuwannaknowbro?

starting to play golf, or at least show an interest, is a great idea. it is one of the best social games and has really helped my (infantile) career grow

I play taylormade TP irons with r11TP driver and r9 3wood. so my big sticks are mismatched. i also play cleveland wedges, also mismatched. my irons are 4 years old now.

finding a nice putter in a thrift is going to be a task.

Do you guys pick up any golf clubs?
the stores around here are filled with calloway and adams clubs (what i think are the nicest looking0 and alot of wilsons and taylor made
since there are about 7 golf courses in the immediate area i thought i'd start playing
but the thing is there is never a complete set, its always 1 or 2 drivers or 3 out of 7 irons
i think i can make a set out of mismatched brand drivers and then hunt for a complete set of irons one day
what brands should look for? does that sound like a good idea?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like I said, I can't afford it. I think I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep. 

HUGE +1. Well, good thing none of it is my size, 42R

- Pricing: All of the super hot items, i'll definitely be looking for top dollar on (probably the bay).  That means probably anything you're planning on PMing me about :confused:   If you're willing to pay top dollar, then shoot over an offer on that stuff.  Everything is 42R.  

WTF??!!??!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm going on a hunger strike until DM7 has pity on me and sells me at least one item from that haul for less than a second mortgage on my house.

GM-H

Reaction score
+1. Definitely not worth picking up. As far as I know the only vintage Burberry's stuff worth buying is trench coats.
Got it for myself. linen felt nice and it was only like $3

canuckstyle

Reaction score
Dont do a lot of bragging here,

Had a few good finds recently, so have a look.

All the talk about bowties a couple weeks ago, found my first.

nothing special but it's a keeper

And another first

The minute i laid hands on it, i realized it was nice when the search for a label turned up this

I almost pissed myself, then i tried on the jacket. Mr Sigal esq was my size!!!

Jpmorris

Reaction score
DM7 you just killed my initial work day productivity. Congrats lol.
PS I know a few unsavory sorts in LA, whats your address?
wink.gif

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
I just woke up to find the aftermath of last night's storm that was DM7...

"The Horror... The Horror..."
* Where does he sell this stuff? I've been looking at both hmmurdock's (jgaryson's) eBay auctions and DM7's B&S sales threads and cannot find 60% of his badass finds. Why you no disclose sales venue?
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just woke up to find the aftermath of last night's storm that was DM7...

"The Horror... The Horror..."
* Where does he sell this stuff? I've been looking at both hmmurdock's (jgaryson's) eBay auctions and DM7's B&S sales threads and cannot find 60% of his badass finds. Why you no disclose sales venue?
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
With all the stuff he's found the last few months, I imagine a storage unit or two full of stuff just waiting to be listed. No way he could keep up with the listings and keep up with school. I struggle to keep a constant of 80 listings, and I have a back log of 200-300 items in waiting. He brings home at least 100 items a week on average. That's a full time job for a few people.

Now if we could only just find that storage unit.
devil.gif

Last edited:

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
With all the stuff he's found the last few months, I imagine a storage unit or two full of stuff just waiting to be listed. No way he could keep up with the listings and keep up with school. I struggle to keep a constant of 80 listings, ans I have a back log of 200-300 items in waiting. He brings home at least 100 items a week on average. That's a full time job for a few people.

Now if we could only just find that storage unit.
devil.gif

^^^ Your mission should you choose to accept it...

EDIT:

* Fair enough, I probably don't fully comprehend the logistics of keeping up with / shipping the kind of high volume that you or DM7 or some of the others on here have to deal with - I rarely go over my 50 free listings / mo. (and I don't count hitting the relist button or the addition of simple stuff like ties and belts that only take a second to photograph and write up). BUT, I've been waiting for him to offer that MMM overcoat-looking thing he found months ago and one of those dark wash Marc Jacobs x Wrangler jean jackets.
frown.gif

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EDIT:

* Fair enough, I probably don't fully comprehend the logistics of keeping up with / shipping the kind of high volume that you or DM7 or some of the others on here have to deal with - I rarely go over my 50 free listings / mo. (and I don't count hitting the relist button or the addition of simple stuff like ties and belts that only take a second to photograph and write up). BUT, I've been waiting for him to offer that MMM overcoat-looking thing he found months ago and one of those dark wash Marc Jacobs x Wrangler jean jackets.
frown.gif

He listed the jean jackets as available in the thrift trade thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/287214/the-un-official-thrift-buy-sell-trade-want-thread

acosbysweater

Reaction score

EDIT:

frown.gif

PM him for information on the jean jackets...he has an interesting proposal that in light of his boner stroganoff haul he posted last night seems about right....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members