• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today's loot:
Silk Brioni shirt.
Barbera Tie
Charvet Tie
Mulberry Tie
Skinny Dolce Linen Tie
Dunhill linen shirt.
Florsheim Imperial V Cleats. Do these look like shell to you? No microwrinkles

Cool Pastel Drawing of a Cat with Attitude for 4 bucks.

6 Mystery brand ties. Can anyone ID?

And these mystery pants. Only identifying mark on them is:

Chinchilla cashmere?

What are the numbers on the Florsheims?

mco543

Reaction score
I found and passed on what I'm guessing was an incredibly old Brioni orphan jacket today. It had a label I'd never personally seen, it had Brioni written in some Old English/Blackletter font with Roma underneath it instead of the usual script lettering. I would've picked it up but it was light grayish beige with a yellow pinstripe and I doubt it would've done much on here or eBay to be worth the hassle.

Also passed on a suit made by Perry Ellis for Saks, which surprised me since I guess once upon a time Perry Ellis was a highish end brand? Maybe?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Thanks
fistbump.gif

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Agreed, I think we should work on a more inclusive one here, starting with what they have. I keep this one on an excel sheet on my iPhone so I can reference it quickly at the thrift, but there are still many missing I'm sure.
Considering how well the ebay black list worked with a google spreadsheet, I tossed this together quickly. Open to anything with the link so anyone can add info. If this works, maybe someone to get this put in an area where people will be able to see it or stickied.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AndDRTDgBtt0dDR2eEg0WWVObHRKNWg0eHNRelNNZUE

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My day wasn't nearly as eventful as some of yours, but I did get a few things.

Ashear Hand rolled Silk Pocket Square

Tom James Jacket, not marked but I am fairly certain it is Wool and Cashmere. Close to 50/50

Lubiam Wool / Cashmere Sport Coat

Paolo Vista Sports Coat

Plus a Filson Wool Fedora - Red
A pretty nice set of German CAS Suspenders - Silk
An old Stetson Tweed Ivy Cap

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mistermidwester

Reaction score
This fall and winter has been bust central for me, but I've found some pretty rad stuff the past couple days. Vintage, Sanforized denim jacket by Lee (probably early 60s or so), with the heavy quilted wool lining (bulletproof!), a bunch of cool ties, a beautiful vintage wool overcoat, and these...

6.5 sizes too small for me, but I had to buy them, as I've never seen C&J in the wild before (and these have their original, super-heavy trees complete with brass pulls) and I'm hoping they'll bring enough to fund a pair of shoes for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members