• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo/anyone else, are these gator belly or another part of the gator?

View attachment 1091614
I don't know gator shoes too well, but I do know and have worked with gator farms. It's the belly or tail. Sometimes for smaller items, tail is used because the larger belly sections are used for bigger items.

Last edited:

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the mechanics at the indy Volvo repair shop I used to go to (now closed :() had an LS swap 240. Awesome watching that thing peel out at the end of the day.

There are kits that makes it a (relatively) easy bolt-on. Weld the mounts and you're done.

If only life were that simple...

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
. My best friend uses this particular quirk of my personality to mess with me sometimes and I suspect it gives him some sort of weird satisfaction to act upset over tiny **** and put me on a roller coaster of emotion only to say he's playing.

That type of nuanced capriciousness is called marriage in the south. You really carked up, but you have no idea what the cark you did. :stirpot:

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the one that was quoted earlier was more shaggier, like dog hair, yours look like normal fleece, so it is not at that yeti level. i still find it hard to believe a straight man would walk around in a shaggy sweater like that. you all can prove me wrong if you can try.
There's been this whole Shaggy Dog sweater/Shetland wool trend for a while. Some might even call it "traditional". This guy was into it...and chicks, man.

Screenshot_20181218-100158_Chrome.jpg

And it's 2018. Everyone can have their own opinion, but straight, gay, or otherwise, you should be able to wear what you want and not have your sexuality called into question for a sweater choice...Unless that sweater has "I'M GAY" emblazoned on it. Then you probably want people to know you're gay, anyways. And that's ok too.

Cark

Reaction score
There's been this whole Shaggy Dog sweater/Shetland wool trend for a while. Some might even call it "traditional". This guy was into it...and chicks, man.

View attachment 1091686

And it's 2018. Everyone can have their own opinion, but straight, gay, or otherwise, you should be able to wear what you want and not have your sexuality called into question for a sweater choice...Unless that sweater has "I'M GAY" emblazoned on it. Then you probably want people to know you're gay, anyways. And that's ok too.

it might be the pic but i think that just looks like a normal sweater, nothing wrong with that.

as for my opinion, i don't approve of homesexuality, that is just the way it is. i know some of you might "act" outraged, but i see what is going on south of the border and how you americans elected a president who speaks the truth, and the truth is there are a lot of people who share the exact same views on homosexuality as me and people like us are in power and are right about homosexuality and it will always be like that whether it is next year or 10,000 years from now, the vast majority of people will never accept that homosexuality is normal. that is my opinion.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patagonia fleeces are just about the standard menswear around here... Here's a shot from fishing with my son last fall up in the hills. No apologies needed, men should be confident to wear whatever the **** they like regardless of their sexuality.

redfleece.jpg

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what is going on in here, I guess being older I am less tolerant of BS. I see everyone responding to somebody (I don't know who since I must have them blocked) for calling purple Patagonia fuzzy sweaters gay. Seriously? Why is anyone wasting time on a 13 year old boy trying to get a rise out of older men? Just block him, and every time he generates a new user name, block him again.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
it might be the pic but i think that just looks like a normal sweater, nothing wrong with that.

as for my opinion, i don't approve of homesexuality, that is just the way it is. i know some of you might "act" outraged, but i see what is going on south of the border and how you americans elected a president who speaks the truth, and the truth is there are a lot of people who share the exact same views on homosexuality as me and people like us are in power and are right about homosexuality and it will always be like that whether it is next year or 10,000 years from now, the vast majority of people will never accept that homosexuality is normal. that is my opinion.

When did you first read Mein Kampf?

Cark

Reaction score
I have no idea what is going on in here, I guess being older I am less tolerant of BS. I see everyone responding to somebody (I don't know who since I must have them blocked) for calling purple Patagonia fuzzy sweaters gay. Seriously? Why is anyone wasting time on a 13 year old boy trying to get a rise out of older men? Just block him, and every time he generates a new user name, block him again.

people like you who just ignore others and the truth and reality is why donald trump will be re-elected president in 2020

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
people like you who just ignore others and the truth and reality is why donald trump will be re-elected president in 2020

Please just stop.

Cark

Reaction score
Please just stop.

i gotta say i don't like donald trump either but it is not like i live in the states so i dont care what happens south of the border, lots of chaos and degenerate activity like daily mass shootings is the norm now, but i must say donald trump stands for the pure ideal in american values and if you don't like him you would be foolish to think that he will go away if you just ignore him. enjoy the next 6 years of trumpistan, you americans deserve who you voted for.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i gotta say i don't like donald trump either but it is not like i live in the states so i dont care what happens south of the border, lots of chaos and degenerate activity like daily mass shootings is the norm now, but i must say donald trump stands for the pure ideal in american values and if you don't like him you would be foolish to think that he will go away if you just ignore him. enjoy the next 6 years of trumpistan, you americans deserve who you voted for.

We're not all Americans. This is a thrift thread, there's a dedicated Trump thread somewhere so please talk about him there.
Please don't ruin everyone else's fun.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member