• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey what's this pair of raw lookin denim here, another pair of Rustlers?:
Screenshot_20240509_144355_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240509_144410_Gallery.jpg

12it93.jpg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to become an Americun.

IMG_3394.jpeg
IMG_3411.jpeg
IMG_3412.jpeg

spyke-52

Reaction score
Here’s a couple I picked up just this week. Im still new to suits and thrift store shopping, and I’m loving both but I may have developed a problem. A nice black Kuppenheimer
IMG_1628.jpeg
IMG_1629.jpeg

And Daniel Hechter
IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
I picked both of these up for $17 apiece.

Next day I stopped into a different store and found these 2 and some suspenders all for $40
A 3 piece Carson Pirie Scott&Co
IMG_1624.jpeg
IMG_1625.jpeg
and a double breasted Dellapenna
IMG_1626.jpeg
IMG_1627.jpeg
and call me oldfashioned, but I’ve always liked the look of suspenders
IMG_1631.jpeg
I have a few more to add, but this is getting a bit long already. I’ll start another post to show what I picked up yesterday.

Last edited:

spyke-52

Reaction score
Here’s what I picked up yesterday from my local Salvation Army
First, this clean Paul Smith
IMG_1612.jpeg
then I found this Jil Sander( I’ll admit I had no idea what this was until after I got home)
IMG_1610.jpeg
IMG_1611.jpeg
I was going to call it good since I had already picked up all the others, but there was a pinstripe suit that caught my eye. Turned out to be a Hicks and Sons double breasted 3 piece suit
IMG_1617.jpeg
IMG_1618.jpeg
IMG_1619.jpeg
but the vest is way short
IMG_1620.jpeg
Next to this was a Carr. Son and Woor
IMG_1621.jpeg

IMG_1622.jpeg

And last but not least, this Hugo Guerra
IMG_1614.jpeg
IMG_1615.jpeg
Got all 5 for $88 bucks. I LOVE thrift store suit shopping

Attachments

• IMG_1616.jpeg
    IMG_1616.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1613.jpeg
    IMG_1613.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 11

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
handknitters will use labels , looks to be a local maker
Just had a thought (but looks like a wimmiz sweater) maybe Stuart Lake keeps losing his clothes and his mum put name labels in.

Super ****** and well made regardless.

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
Here’s what I picked up yesterday from my local Salvation Army
First, this clean Paul Smith View attachment 2182227 then I found this Jil Sander( I’ll admit I had no idea what this was until after I got home) View attachment 2182231 View attachment 2182233 I was going to call it good since I had already picked up all the others, but there was a pinstripe suit that caught my eye. Turned out to be a Hicks and Sons double breasted 3 piece suit View attachment 2182235 View attachment 2182237 View attachment 2182239 but the vest is way short View attachment 2182241 Next to this was a Carr. Son and Woor View attachment 2182243
View attachment 2182257
And last but not least, this Hugo Guerra View attachment 2182247 View attachment 2182249 Got all 5 for $88 bucks. I LOVE thrift store suit shopping
Welcome to the thread! You redeemed yourself on the 2nd round with Paul Smith, Jil Sander and Saville Row. Nice finds!

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just remember that one where the guy has a cat on his head.. Pretty certain that was Chipp and it had that same weave and sort of humor.

BTW whoever had that cat tie.. You still have it?

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, hope all is well. Still in Korea so still on thrifting hiatus, so this thread remains my only source of vicarious pleasure. Need some advice. Do you guys know any relaxed fit chinos/casual pants brands with a wide-ish leg (say leg opening ~9 in) around $150? Thanks!
Try one of the “trad” shops - Andover Shop, J.Press or O’connells

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday, everyone! Some finds from the last few weeks. I may have posted a couple of these before on the fly, so apologies for any duplicates.

Todd Snyder X Footjoy seersucker shorts for me and some NWT Marine Layer boardies for my son
Shorts.jpg

My wife has been looking for a new lightweight running shell, so finding the Patagonia was good luck. Also got her a bucket hat. Never heard of Michiko, but it's MiJapan and looks cute.
Pat jkt and hat.jpg

Sweats are taken care of for a while. Flint & Tinder MiUSA 10 year hoodie, LA Apparel MiUSA hoodie, Todd Snyder MiCanada Crew and Naked & Famous MiCanada Crew
Sweats.jpg

Nice touch on that LA Apparel one showing you who made the hoodie. Things a beast, so thanks Gabriela!
LAA label.jpg

Some footwear. UGG Engineer boots with vibram soles, some Birk Londons in excellent used condition and NB 2006 M992GL Steve Apple sneakers. The NB are missing the footbeds but they look like they were never worn. I know the foam can really start to break down on these due to age, but these are still pretty spongy. So fingers crossed there's still plenty of life left in 'em!
Shoes boots.jpg

Her's and his MiUSA selvedge. Madewell for the wife and Simon Miller men's. I thought SM just made women's but I guess they had some guy jeans at one point.
Selvedge.jpg

Shirts. Universal Works camp collar flannel, PRL patchwork madras (been looking for one for years), and pop on Rowing Blazers (X Luke Edward Hall OCBD).
Shirts.jpg

And LP women's Mathias canvas 5 pocket pants.
LP 5 pocket.jpg

Cheers gang and have an awesome weekend!
John

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member