• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

I like that thicker stitching on the vamp - nice

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Renovateur. Especially since i have a few Boots, it runs out pretty quick so im looking for a Good, cheaper substitute that is not limited to the US Sales wise. Any ideas?
Buy any neutral cream/wax polish and do not abuse. If you want to economize, invest in brushes and use them before and after wearing, like Chogall does. With his routine you wont need almost any product on them.

FelixTheFinn

Reaction score
Buy any neutral cream/wax polish and do not abuse. If you want to economize, invest in brushes and use them before and after wearing, like Chogall does. With his routine you wont need almost any product on them.
I already have brushes and good creams and waxes, was only asking about conditioners.
biggrin.gif

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Renapur is good but you really do need to use a tiny amount. I use my finger to put it on. Another one is Dr Marten's Wonder Balm - similar to Renapur and both contain no turpentine. My favourite of these sorts of polishes is Oliver Sweeney's Brush Up. More expensive that the others, it really does a good job at cleaning and polishing. It does, however, soften the leather a bit and I like to use it on shoes that have got a bit dry. Otherwise...brush before you go out and brush when you come back.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I see from Oliver S. and Renapur is that both contein many waxes. Oliver S. is very expensive!!.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, OS Brush Up is very expensive, but it's good and it's great for conditioning. It polishes up to a nice, deep shine, too. As with all of these types of 'alternative' products, it really is important to test them out before you use them on light-coloured shoes. They will, for example, sometimes darken tan shoes.

I did buy some Lexol but haven't used it very much. It just seems to sit on the shelf. I know there are many who know very, very much more about shoes than I do and who recommend it. I did look into Bic 4 but (as I remember) I couldn't get it in the UK.

I tend to stick to brushing, with occasional use of Brush Up and very occasional use of Saphir, coloured, cream. For me, the most important thing is the brushing.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, OS Brush Up is very expensive, but it's good and it's great for conditioning. It polishes up to a nice, deep shine, too. As with all of these types of 'alternative' products, it really is important to test them out before you use them on light-coloured shoes. They will, for example, sometimes darken tan shoes.

I did buy some Lexol but haven't used it very much. It just seems to sit on the shelf. I know there are many who know very, very much more about shoes than I do and who recommend it. I did look into Bic 4 but (as I remember) I couldn't get it in the UK.

I tend to stick to brushing, with occasional use of Brush Up and very occasional use of Saphir, coloured, cream. For me, the most important thing is the brushing.
Ok thanks. . Lexol and B4 are cousins so you have not missed anything.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok folks, any ideas of what i can do here, see spoiler. I cleaned my boots with damp cloth, then some sapphire reno and polished away. The crease areas seem to lighten up after 1 day of wear. Anyone know what the issue is. Are the areas that don't crease while walking simply keep the moisture of the sapphire reno better.

benhour

Reaction score
ok folks, any ideas of what i can do here, see spoiler. I cleaned my boots with damp cloth, then some sapphire reno and polished away. The crease areas seem to lighten up after 1 day of wear. Anyone know what the issue is. Are the areas that don't crease while walking simply keep the moisture of the sapphire reno better.
its the waxes (in this cases bees wax) that cracking off making the effect of "dusting" (make creasing areas look lighter)! Nothing to worry about!! just brush and with time it ll go away!

hope i helped a little bit
happy.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members