• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This would make sense, just never seen any in outlets but there are none local to me so I rarely visit.
Thanks

Probably because an eBay flipper is buying it all out in all sizes to resell, kind of like the guy who posted in here lol. I mean, it’s the American way, so I can’t complain

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally got the corduroy attached to the collar! I think it turned out pretty good, what do y'all think? It's super thick and stiff though because it's an extra layer of fabric on top of the two layers for the collar.

View attachment 2127525

RRL workshit and low straights, and the graphic tee is Imogene and Willie, imo the best graphic tees on the market.

View attachment 2127531

And shout out to @gnatty8, finally pulled the trigger on some Heritage Boots. I was a little disappointed that they were made in Mexico at that price point but they are VERY comfortable.

View attachment 2127533

Mexico literally the birthplace of the western boot, so you went to the source!

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably because an eBay flipper is buying it all out in all sizes to resell, kind of like the guy who posted in here lol. I mean, it’s the American way, so I can’t complain
I wonder what these eaters do with all this inventory. Can't sell all this stuff right?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder what these eaters do with all this inventory. Can't sell all this stuff right?
I remember with Nintendo Switch/PS5, the scalpers would just return it to amzn/best buy or wherever they got it from if it didn't sell before the end of the return window.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember with Nintendo Switch/PS5, the scalpers would just return it to amzn/best buy or wherever they got it from if it didn't sell before the end of the return window.

Actually yeah, would imagine outlet stores have minimum 30 day return period, so guess one has a free put back to store with a call struck at purchase price lol.. not many free options lying around but I guess our eBay flipper found one

Bamaboots

Reaction score
I mean, it’s Wiki, but:
I won't argue the influence but most historians agree the first "cowboy boot" was made in either TX or KS and that C. H. Hyer established the first cowboy boot co.

This from the Kansas Historical Society

"Tradition credits Charles Hyer as one of the first to invent the cowboy boot. Company promotional materials state that a Colorado cowboy stopped by the Hyer shop on his way home from the Kansas City stockyards in 1875, requesting a new pair of boots that were different from his Civil War-style boots. He wanted a boot with a pointed toe that would slide more easily into a stirrup, a high, slanted heel that would hold a stirrup, and a high top with scalloped front and back so he could get in and out of his boots more easily. Charles accepted the challenge. The unknown cowboy was so pleased with Hyer's work that he returned to Colorado and told others about his new boots."

This is also the area where C. H. Justin learned boot making.

"Texas Boots" by Sharon Delano, published in 1981, talks of the Spanish vaquero influence but says, "Vaqueros supplied almost everything to the culture of the cowboy except the cowboy boot." She goes on to say a similar thing about Hyer.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Finally got the corduroy attached to the collar! I think it turned out pretty good, what do y'all think? It's super thick and stiff though because it's an extra layer of fabric on top of the two layers for the collar.

View attachment 2127525

RRL workshit and low straights, and the graphic tee is Imogene and Willie, imo the best graphic tees on the market.

View attachment 2127531

And shout out to @gnatty8, finally pulled the trigger on some Heritage Boots. I was a little disappointed that they were made in Mexico at that price point but they are VERY comfortable.

View attachment 2127533
I really like how the collar turned out. Thick and stiff is better than thin and floppy (TWSS).

dukarelli

Reaction score
This website has some nice discounts on RRL stuff, most stuff gone though and not all sizes available. Still, worth checking out for those in the USA!
thanks for the heads up! got the green plaid chamois and fleece lined overshirt. searching “rrl” brought up like five more results.

kurdo

Reaction score
They're probably watching this thread as well. When I first found that website, there was still choice. A day later and almost everything is gone. I do wonder how they make a profit though. I used to sell film collectibles on eBay and your margins have to be huge to make it worth it. eBay fees, PayPal fees, discounts you're almost forced to give on shipping, returns, scammer customers, etc. It was worth it because my margins were good, but I can't imagine how someone makes a profit on overstock designer clothes. I have never sold clothes, but I've always assumed clothes lose their value really fast.

kurdo

Reaction score
thanks for the heads up! got the green plaid chamois and fleece lined overshirt. searching “rrl” brought up like five more results.
The fleece lined overshirt is really nice. I got it for 250 euros earlier otherwise I'd have picked it up from there. I think you can always find nice deals if you're patient. I mean, we see that 30% - 70% discounts are possible, so why overpay? :p

This year I've only paid full retail for several pairs of jeans and two pairs of boots. Because those rarely go on sale and if they do they'll be sold out in my size anyway.

kurdo

Reaction score
In Europe we have a chain of outlet centers, called McArthur Glen. The one in Roermond used to have a small shop dedicated to the more "fringe" RL labels like RLPL and RRL. Used to buy a lot of stuff there at insane price drops... 3 or 4 years ago RL moved to a bigger shop, combining all the boring, popular lines... Never seen a RRL piece since then...
Looking back I could have, should have, could habe bought so much more ;-)

I have never heard of that outlet. Do they still have a Ralph Lauren store or did they move away from that location? Roermond is so far from where I am, not sure if I should risk the trip.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're probably watching this thread as well. When I first found that website, there was still choice. A day later and almost everything is gone. I do wonder how they make a profit though. I used to sell film collectibles on eBay and your margins have to be huge to make it worth it. eBay fees, PayPal fees, discounts you're almost forced to give on shipping, returns, scammer customers, etc. It was worth it because my margins were good, but I can't imagine how someone makes a profit on overstock designer clothes. I have never sold clothes, but I've always assumed clothes lose their value really fast.
Agreed. Also eBay fees are crazy now. Seems like too much trouble

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member