• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WaltDud

Reaction score
Does anyone know how often Cultizm does 30% and free shipping? I'm finding it a great alternative to the RL website, but as of today the shipping is 30 euros...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From what I saw the RRL version is much closer to an actual replica of the jacket RL has.
I really like the RL67 and when the RRL version had suede patches, I was on the fence but now I'd go with the Polo one. However... RRL did once have a trouser and vest to go with it IIRC and I would've worn the absolute blimey out of that.
Might need to double check, but I would think if it’s brand new removing elbow patch wouldn’t leave a mark

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From what I saw the RRL version is much closer to an actual replica of the jacket RL has.
I really like the RL67 and when the RRL version had suede patches, I was on the fence but now I'd go with the Polo one. However... RRL did once have a trouser and vest to go with it IIRC and I would've worn the absolute blimey out of that.

not sure if you're familiar with the older PRL, this is Garrison so also got big lapel but gorge is probably going to be on the high side and it's not a patch pocket (vs. RL67)

mrbig

Reaction score
A little while ago someone was asking if pre-washed RRL Denim fades. My current do anything-in jeans have been Slim Fits in the Otisfield wash. I've had a pair since they first came out, so probably 1-2 years? I've worn through the thigh and repaired it myself for a pair of authentic 'repaired denim'
but I also had a pair in reserve. I used to wear the Straight Leg in the Dylan wash and just as I moved to slim fit, they replaced the Slim Dylan with the Slim Otisfield.

Pulled out my archive pair and I can say...old pair on the right, new on the left.

I'd say at least 4 washes, well over 100 wears, just machine washed and air dried, no spin.
IMG_3433.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know how often Cultizm does 30% and free shipping? I'm finding it a great alternative to the RL website, but as of today the shipping is 30 euros...
Seems like they're almost constantly 20-30% off but the free or low price US shipping is fairly new. Like only the past couple months.

Right now I see 10 Euro flat rate shipping to the US for orders over 150 euro and under 5kg. Make sure you select the right service at checkout.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is vintage 5 pocket suppose to be really wide? this is like 8.5 leg opening, seems kind just like 90s straight (or his measurement is crap...)

I have no idea what version of this buckle back is, but tag 26 fits 30 is definitely something

don't remember they ever did a denim officer chino, kind cool

kind like this but don't think I'll get to wear that strong of a stripe pants too often

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, at least 20-25% off is pretty common for them, 30 is a little more rare and I feel like its uncommon that the free shipping overlaps with the better %offs.

Also, even their cheapest US shipping is very fast. My last order was placed on the 18th, shipped on the 19th, and delivered on the 20th.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
is vintage 5 pocket suppose to be really wide? this is like 8.5 leg opening, seems kind just like 90s straight (or his measurement is crap...)

I have no idea what version of this buckle back is, but tag 26 fits 30 is definitely something

don't remember they ever did a denim officer chino, kind cool

kind like this but don't think I'll get to wear that strong of a stripe pants too often
I have a pair of selvedge denim officer pants from at least 10 years ago. There are denim field fit pants in the new season stuff too.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
by the way does anyone know if RRL Straight (like the one they haven't done in more than 10 years) have ever come with zip front? I'm trying to see if the stuff is real or fake...

kurdo

Reaction score
Why is the sizing so inconsistent with RRL jeans and pants?

I ordered 4 jeans, all size 30L/32W and only two of them fit me. The other two were way too tight, while I also have 30L/30W jeans from RRL that fit me just fine.

A little bit annoyed :p.

For reference, these are the 4 pairs I bought. The top two fit me, the bottom two did not.
The slim fit black selvedge jeans was the worst pair, it was EXTREMELY tight and I couldn't even close all of the buttons, while with the top two, I had plenty of room left when fully closed.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 15.36.55.png
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 15.37.13.png

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 15.37.07.png
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 15.37.01.png

Also, did anyone else get this jacket? I just got mine and while I like it, I am not fully convinced yet. Mostly because there are other jackets that I am eying. One of the other jackets that I like has been on the website for ages and I just noticed it in the Spring 2024 book as well, so that one will probably be around for a while.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 15.41.11.png

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My impression is RRL sizing is only consistent within fit (jeans wise, top I feel like is very consistent so is suit etc)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Why is the sizing so inconsistent with RRL jeans and pants?

I ordered 4 jeans, all size 30L/32W and only two of them fit me. The other two were way too tight, while I also have 30L/30W jeans from RRL that fit me just fine.

A little bit annoyed :p.

For reference, these are the 4 pairs I bought. The top two fit me, the bottom two did not.
The slim fit black selvedge jeans was the worst pair, it was EXTREMELY tight and I couldn't even close all of the buttons, while with the top two, I had plenty of room left when fully closed.

View attachment 2099451 View attachment 2099453
View attachment 2099455 View attachment 2099457

Also, did anyone else get this jacket? I just got mine and while I like it, I am not fully convinced yet. Mostly because there are other jackets that I am eying. One of the other jackets that I like has been on the website for ages and I just noticed it in the Spring 2024 book as well, so that one will probably be around for a while.

View attachment 2099477
I've found the black denim to fit considerably tighter than their indigo counterparts.

I got that jacket too. It's a whole bunch darker IRL than the pictures show. Like more of a chocolate brown. What's weird is I remember seeing it in store a couple months ago and don't remember it being quite so dark. Also, the one I received is pretty funky smelling. Very strong leather fumes after I unsealed from the factory plastic wrapping. It's dissipated some by now but it's going to need some airing out before I wear it. The lining fabric is from another shirt they did this season.

I assume they f'd with the pictures more than usual to make the embroidery more visible. It's not as apparent IRL.

I'm getting a lot of past season flashbacks from that 24 book.

WaltDud

Reaction score
I got those olive cowboy jeans too in 34. Can barely button them up. I have gained weight but not THAT much, but they are absolutely inconsistent with the sizing in denims of late. Zippyh is right about the black denim being tighter. For some reason I feel like it's like that with black leather too as far as breaking in. If it's not suede, that is.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theanexprijs