• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ghost01

Reaction score
Sad to read that. I understood that the store is newly reopened and online I read about the store carrying RRL. Maybe it will get better. If not, I have a good reason to visit the store in Paris, London or maybe even New York in the future.

I saw the Tenue Denimes store online. Might be a good place to buy some jeans, because I've seen the term vanity sizing come by a lot any have no idea which size to buy 🤔.
you could also try Frans Boone, White in Den Hague or Best of Brands Hoogland. Frans Boone carries the most.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thing I like about their summer flannels is they aren’t too long, hit me just below the waist

IMG_1823.jpeg
IMG_1822.jpeg

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
you could also try Frans Boone, White in Den Hague or Best of Brands Hoogland. Frans Boone carries the most.
Thanks for the tips. I didn't know White yet.
Thing I like about their summer flannels is they aren’t too long, hit me just below the waist

View attachment 1985059 View attachment 1985061
It looks great. I really like this shirt too. It is also one of the best fabrics for the summer, as most of the shirts I bought are a lot warmer.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
I avoid the RRL t-shirts. The neckline is awkward on me. But last year I bought this yellow Aztec-Navajo-Serape-ish looking tee. No problem.
1688485957066.jpeg

Meh, I like that t-shirt styled with a faded denim jean. Is it a crime? So then I was also tracking another RRL tee last fall, when suddenly it fell off the website.
1688486371985.jpeg

But I knew it was still floating around in the store, so I asked an RRL SA and he went in the backroom and brought it out and said;
“You mean this one? Yeah, we still have it, but I can’t sell it to you“.
Me: “Last one and you’re holding it for someone?”
SA: “No, it was pulled from the store because of copyright infringement or plagiarism or something. See that little stripe, dot pattern there.”
Me: “What?”

So fast forward now to about 2 weeks ago. I just bought this green jersey serape camp shirt and was told by another SA; “You know, this is supposed to be the last one we make with this pattern”. What? What?
1688486928550.jpeg

So I did some Googling to see what is going on. Apparently, the Mexican First Lady has taken issue with Ralph’s use of indigenous designs.

She has a fair point. But, plagiarism, really? That!
Then now I’m sort of kind of thinkin’ all of the RRL clothing is plagiarized. Come on now …. N1 deck jacket (US Navy), HBT pants (US Marine Corp), Stifel chore jacket, Brown Beach vest …. ah …. the entire Village People ensemble wardrobe. Isn’t copying old designs the whole point of the RRL brand? Why stop now just because a foreign government is unhappy with your esthetic.

Note: now available in sizes XS to XXL.

Last edited:

Mollysdad

Reaction score
I avoid the RRL t-shirts. The neckline is awkward on me. But last year I bought this yellow Aztec-Navajo-Serape-ish looking tee. No problem.
View attachment 1985181

Meh, I like that t-shirt styled with a faded denim jean. Is it a crime? So then I was also tracking another RRL tee last fall, when suddenly it fell off the website.
View attachment 1985213
But I knew it was still floating around in the store, so I asked an RRL SA and he went in the backroom and brought it out and said;
SA: “No, it was pulled from the store because of copyright infringement or plagiarism or something. See that little stripe, dot pattern there.”

So fast forward now to about 2 weeks ago. I just bought this green jersey serape camp shirt and was told by another SA; “You know, this is supposed to be the last one we make with this pattern”. What? What?
View attachment 1985241
So I did some Googling to see what is going on. Apparently, the Mexican First Lady has taken issue with Ralph’s use of indigenous designs.

Then now I’m sort of kind of thinkin’ all of the RRL clothing is plagiarized. Come on now …. N1 deck jacket (US Navy), HBT pants (US Marine Corp), Stifel chore jacket, Brown Beach vest …. ah …. the entire Village People ensemble wardrobe. Isn’t copying old designs the whole point of the RRL brand? Why stop now just because a foreign government is unhappy with your esthetic.

Cash is king. It’s better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. ‘Murica.

Randelpink

Reaction score
To argue in favor of MFL, the HBT, N1, and other copied fatigues are all discontinued patterns/colors, and Browns Beach & Stifel are long gone brands that are copied by several manufacturers. I love the southwest designs from RRL, but have heard from several outlets about this specific backlash.

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
I like this shirt a lot -- bought it myself a few weeks ago in my usual size M. The shirt I received was huge. Like, a L-mislabeled-as-a-M-huge. I assume sizing is fine and I received a bad shirt?
I got it in M and it is one of the smaller fitting M RRL shirts in my collection.

oynag

Reaction score
To argue in favor of MFL, the HBT, N1, and other copied fatigues are all discontinued patterns/colors, and Browns Beach & Stifel are long gone brands that are copied by several manufacturers. I love the southwest designs from RRL, but have heard from several outlets about this specific backlash.
Faherty also recognizing their involvement in using Native American patterns:

Thought that was interesting when I saw it and wondered if and when Ralph Lauren might take a similar approach.

Last edited:

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Flaherty also recognizing their involvement in using Native American patterns:

[/URL]

Thought that was interesting when I saw it and wondered if and when Ralph Lauren might take a similar approach.
I appreciate both your comment and Randelpink‘s. You both make excellent points and I‘m glad that Ralph Lauren recognizes the need for change and is committing to making some changes. I believe RL is a responsible designer and the company will make adjustments along with the rest of the industry. Curious that when I asked in the store about that blue serape t-shirt garment right as it was being pulled from the stores (and website), I apparently inadvertently experienced the recognition right as that change was happening. The MFL comment seemed to have been on or around October 21st (that I am aware, though I see the MFL also called out Isabel Marant for the same infraction back in 2020). The shirt was a Summer 2022 item (correct me if I am wrong) so that must have been the very tail end of the Summer sale, and I suppose not too many of those shirts left around. I also read that there will be recognition and collaboration moving forward with the brand … after … the Summer 2023 collection. The Summer 2023 green serape surely was already in production by October 2022 …. so it was released anyway? Then I wonder why only that blue serape from Summer 2022 was pulled? Any progress made by the designers is good for both the brand and industry and of course, the indigenous community.

mfbnyc

Reaction score
View attachment 1985181

View attachment 1985213

View attachment 1985241

She should focus on fentanyl - I mean, really ... how f'd up is that?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member