• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Hair Thread

sns

Reaction score
I use these products and they work wonders:

https://www.morroccomethod.com

the raw apple cider vinegar shampoo is mud-like and clears up the scalp unlike anything i've used.

if anyone is interested in group/bulk buys let me know as I can get deals. (ps yeah the 13 moon cycle voodoo is hokey, I know...)

Last edited:

HAL 9000

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Conceptionist. Been meaning to try out the KMNR for a while now. Is the the KM stronger than the moulder?

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No problem.

I actually tried to use it for my whole hair today. Worked better than expected, but it def gives another look than the moulder.
Adds sheen, whereas the moulder is completely matte. Night Rider doesn't much volume. It can if you only use a little and pull from the roots , but I think it's better suited for sleeker styles that needs a lot of hold. My hair pretty much looked exactly like the pic I posted above.

They're equally strong but work in different ways.
The Hairbond moulder makes your hair very thick, dense and gives big volume. You can apply a lot of it without it looking bad.
KM night rider is greasier and is visibly "styled" in comparison. It weights the hair down and can freeze a shape if you press hard for a couple of seconds. Bear in mind that my hair on top is very straight, has no movement at all and is 4 inches long. Night Rider is supposedly great for shorter, spikier looks.

Last edited:

Ice Cold Fever

Reaction score

I cannot start threads yet because I am a newbie, but could someone tell me what face type I have? I think it is diamond but I am not sure? And with that being said, should I keep my hair short, medium, or long? Any advice would be appreciated.

RyanTS

Reaction score
Anyone know the specifics in styling your hair to look like this guy's hair?

I've been using AC Fiber. Only problem is that the hold isn't as strong as I would it to be. I tried AC Pomade and its completely crap, no hold whatsoever. In any case, can you guys recommend me something that has strong hold and is not bad for your hair? You think I will have better luck with either the AC firm hold styling gel or Aveda firm gel? Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Honestly, AC shouldn't be used on its own. AC Fiber and Pomade are worthless by themselves. However, I've had successful results pairing it with other stronger hold products. I would tend to condition the hair with AC Defining Paste (the orange jar) when wet, then blow dry until completely dry into the direction you want your hair to stand-up/lay for the rest of the day. After that, apply some sort of wax-based product to hold the height (but not too much because the wax will weigh everything down, especially for guys that have thinner hair). My product of choice is without question Baxter of California's Clay Pomade (matte). Seriously, check that stuff out. Best hard-hold product I've ever used. Just a dab will do ya.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I cannot start threads yet because I am a newbie, but could someone tell me what face type I have? I think it is diamond but I am not sure? And with that being said, should I keep my hair short, medium, or long? Any advice would be appreciated.

I would say you have a "long" or oval-ish face. I think your hair looks good right there. If you want to do a more 50's style, or comb over where the top is longer I would ask for a low fade, so basically the sides would be shorter around the ears and fade to longer on the top faster. This would give some width to your head to avoid looking too tall. Does that make sense?

Ice Cold Fever

Reaction score
I would say you have a "long" or oval-ish face. I think your hair looks good right there. If you want to do a more 50's style, or comb over where the top is longer I would ask for a low fade, so basically the sides would be shorter around the ears and fade to longer on the top faster. This would give some width to your head to avoid looking too tall. Does that make sense?
Yes that makes perfect sense. Thank you for the reply sir!

HAL 9000

Reaction score
No problem.

I actually tried to use it for my whole hair today. Worked better than expected, but it def gives another look than the moulder.
Adds sheen, whereas the moulder is completely matte. Night Rider doesn't much volume. It can if you only use a little and pull from the roots , but I think it's better suited for sleeker styles that needs a lot of hold. My hair pretty much looked exactly like the pic I posted above.

They're equally strong but work in different ways.
The Hairbond moulder makes your hair very thick, dense and gives big volume. You can apply a lot of it without it looking bad.
KM night rider is greasier and is visibly "styled" in comparison. It weights the hair down and can freeze a shape if you press hard for a couple of seconds. Bear in mind that my hair on top is very straight, has no movement at all and is 4 inches long. Night Rider is supposedly great for shorter, spikier looks.

Thanks for the information! Your experience with KM and the Moulder is really helpful in what I need.
Honestly, AC shouldn't be used on its own. AC Fiber and Pomade are worthless by themselves. However, I've had successful results pairing it with other stronger hold products. I would tend to condition the hair with AC Defining Paste (the orange jar) when wet, then blow dry until completely dry into the direction you want your hair to stand-up/lay for the rest of the day. After that, apply some sort of wax-based product to hold the height (but not too much because the wax will weigh everything down, especially for guys that have thinner hair). My product of choice is without question Baxter of California's Clay Pomade (matte). Seriously, check that stuff out. Best hard-hold product I've ever used. Just a dab will do ya.

Yeah, the Fiber doesn't hold well on its own. Its good for a casual look, but even then, its hold is pretty much done after the first few hours. Thanks for the recommendation on the Baxter. Always wanted to know more about it, but have smelt it in person and I just wish that it was more pleasant.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Give us some deets on the baxter stuff if you try it. It would be cool to get some more opinions on it.

I might pick some up next time i get my hair cut in a week and a half...the only place in boston that sells it is right next to the place where i get my hair cut.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member