• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

symphvaria

Reaction score
To be fair, one guy always looks severely constipated
988.jpg

Sirguywhosmiles

Reaction score
I see Derek now has received some push-back from Daniel Craig fans, and they are now on the receiving end of a lecture/thread. He reminds me of an argumentative Oxford don, who will subject any overheard or sotto voce comment to a full and rigorous analysis.

His choice of photographs continues to be clever; using a picture of Connery-as-Bond as the "correct" example for comparison with Craig's "incorrect"

Last edited:

Funposter

Reaction score
Tucker fit proves the rule that you should always sit down when trying on pants. I'm sure it looks "fine" while he's standing, ignoring the lopsided silhouette as Derek pointed out.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see Derek now has received some push-back from Daniel Craig fans, and they are now on the receiving end of a lecture/thread. He reminds me of an argumentative Oxford don, who will subject any overheard or sotto voce comment to a full and rigorous analysis.

His choice of photographs continues to be clever; using a picture of Connery-as-Bond as the "correct" example for comparison with Craig's "incorrect"

He's absolutely right in his critique to Craig's clothing, ridiculously skimpy.

Screenshot (564).png

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've always disagreed with Derek about this. I don't think that Daniel Craig's Bond as wearing his suits well, but as wearing the suits as his Bond would wear them in a contemporary context. Craig's Bond is fundamentally English working class, and wears suits the way a working class guy without much regard for protocol or decorum, a point that is stressed over and over again in the Craig Bond movies, might prefer to wear them. So, do I think that it looks great? No. But do I think that it better fits the character than something that, but traditional standards, absolutely.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always disagreed with Derek about this. I don't think that Daniel Craig's Bond as wearing his suits well, but as wearing the suits as his Bond would wear them in a contemporary context. Craig's Bond is fundamentally English working class, and wears suits the way a working class guy without much regard for protocol or decorum, a point that is stressed over and over again in the Craig Bond movies, might prefer to wear them. So, do I think that it looks great? No. But do I think that it better fits the character than something that, but traditional standards, absolutely.
But is Daniel Craig's Bond working class? Skyfall shows he grows up in what is essentially in the mansion of a scottish lord, although he was orphaned early and I guess spent his formative years training in to be a spy after M found him.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you are overthinking this. The suits fit like **** and it’s not intentional.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tbh I just think the suit was cut for him using his film measurements and he probably gained weight between then and the press run which is why it fits weird.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But is Daniel Craig's Bond working class? Skyfall shows he grows up in what is essentially in the mansion of a scottish lord, although he was orphaned early and I guess spent his formative years training in to be a spy after M found him.
iirc, part of his backstory is that he grew up in an orphanage starting at maybe 10 years old.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are overthinking this. The suits fit like **** and it’s not intentional.
Maybe - I suppose that we'll never know unless there is an interview with the wardrobe department. Whether or not the fit is intentional, I that that it adds a little to the movies in making Craig's Bond more human, and the movies more watchable. I've always found the prior Bond movies mindnumbingly boring. There's absolutely no tension in them.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Derek's tweet takes...aren't that good?
1. DC's fits are far too slim. Intentional or otherwise, if the intent is anything approximating CM...it ain't.
2. King/prince (who really cares?) of Spain's fit is...eh? No doubt the quality is top class...but the idea that the look itself is head and shoulders above the normies is silly. Midsection far too slim, if nothing else. You can find better fits (RTW) in the Spier thread.
3. The "proper" suit sans tie = always terrible is a hoot. The kind of hogwash D would say only so and so ('ello Mr. Boyer!) could pull off. Would said suit look better with a tie and/or with a more casual suiting? No doubt.
But, the idea that it is indefensibly bad (regardless of fit, etc.) is just fawking stupid.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
immediatecoreer