• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

symphvaria

Reaction score
Five days is a lot more like a week than it is like 30 minutes. And since you insist on accuracy, it's been six days, not five. Pedantic, I know, but you complained about accuracy. Must be hard, living in a world where six days is the same as five days is the same as 30 minutes. So it goes.
How fortunate it is that we don't share the same timezone! Else I'd be forced to live with someone unable to differentiate 5 days and 11 hours from 6 days, or worse still, someone unfamiliar with the term "15 minutes of fame".

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I admire how hard you are trying to forget something you don't like. Dogged persistence really pays off, dunnit?

symphvaria

Reaction score
I admire how hard you are trying to forget something you don't like. Dogged persistence really pays off, dunnit?
Trying? I barely remember the topic at hand, I just thought it was really funny that you took "30 minutes" completely literally and not as an extension of a figure of speech.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, not all
Thanks. It should be noted that people with conservative views were not banned for having conservative views. They were banned for spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation/disinformation. I'm happy for people to discuss topics in reasonable, if sometimes heated, manner, within the confines of CE.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, not all
Thanks. It should be noted that people with conservative views were not banned for having conservative views. They were banned for spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation/disinformation. I'm happy for people to discuss topics in reasonable, if sometimes heated, manner, within the confines of CE.
He also never dropped racial slurs.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
He's honestly, not all that interesting. He's (very) opinionated, to the point that it sometimes (often?) borders on caricature. Smart guy, no doubt, but can get a bit comical in his rigidity.
There are some epically hilarious threads (often featuring Foo!) in which he plays a vital role. The Solito thread from years back is a doozy.
His politics? Well, let's just say those don't exactly jive with many here lol.
Yeah, but being a newcomer (not _the_ Newcomer, who ironically is not), it's funny to go from only seeing his posts about ties and squares to, ope, he's a fascist. I did not see those comments, but I suspect they're in the general-chat subforum area anyways. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Suggestions for good white neutral sneakers that can look good with crisp navy linen trousers (e.g. rota high rise, stoffa pleated)? I'm not fond of running shoe styles with such trousers.

Constraints:

1. A bit of a heel lift relative to toe. And actually comfortable (I find the flat soles in many sneakers to be hard on my achilles/heel). So, can walk a bit in them.

2. Not crazy expensive.

krudsma

Reaction score
Suggestions for good white neutral sneakers that can look good with crisp navy linen trousers (e.g. rota high rise, stoffa pleated)? I'm not fond of running shoe styles with such trousers.

Constraints:

1. A bit of a heel lift relative to toe. And actually comfortable (I find the flat soles in many sneakers to be hard on my achilles/heel). So, can walk a bit in them.

2. Not crazy expensive.

This doesn't satisfy constraint 1 but Mark Cho wears Moonstar Gym Classics with tailoring a lot and I think it looks great.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This doesn't satisfy constraint 1 but Mark Cho wears Moonstar Gym Classics with tailoring a lot and I think it looks great.
Those look right for what I'm imagining. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't see what shoes with a flatter sole need to be uncomfortable but they all now look uncomfortable to me!

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Years ago I would say Common Projects Achilles. But as I had many pairs over the years I would say they are not worth the money if we talk price/value. I did randomly see this shoe a few months ago and fall in love. They are better built than CP and waaay more comfortable. It is maybe not as clean as CP but they work for casual outfits.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru