• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely of D width - widest part of my foot measured about 4 1/8" width or 10.5 cm for the euros out there.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simpson for me personally, is just a standard D width. The elongated toe may pinch for some that are not used to it. If you have a very high instep however, this last may not be for you, as you will have trouble tightening the laces on any oxford models.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Simpson for me personally, is just a standard D width. The elongated toe may pinch for some that are not used to it. If you have a very high instep however, this last may not be for you, as you will have trouble tightening the laces on any oxford models.
Exactly. High insteps just need not apply, and it's actually quite similar to AE 5 last in that respect.

All my shoes are D US/E UK, and I fit into the Simpson last quite comfortably with my flatter feet.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Simpson is not a B width. It's not that narrow at all. 

Not as narrow as a B but narrower than most US D. I can wear a 10d in many AE but cannot wear Simpson at all. Slightly high instep is one issue, but width at the forefoot is another issue.

I wear Rain in 8.5 and both Forest and Robert in a 9 quite comfortably. Simpson is a no go.

Last edited:

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if you are a traditional D with a traditional instep you might be able to size up a half size if the Simpson feels to tight. If you are a full D or an E in some U.S. shoes (or an F or G in some English shoes) this last may not be for you. I, like Roger above, have a wide forefoot and this is a run don't walk away from last. I love Carmina shoes, but not the Simpson last.

hentaisan

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

Just want to mention that when I wear my AE 5 (Park Avenues) I can tighten the laces all the way together. So I think that if the Simpson last is anything like the AE 5 last then size 8 should be fine.

Fingers crossed. I'll report back when I have them

Sartorial Scum

Reaction score
Anyone have experience between loafer/non loafer sizing in the Forest last?

I fit a 8UK comfortably but am wondering if i should size down for loafers by half a size.

ascher07

Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of Carminas: an 11UK Inca (which are too big) and a 10.5UK Simpson (which after a godawful break-in fit relatively comfortably). I'm looking at a pair of boots on the Forest last in a 10.5UK. Do you guys think that would work? Thanks.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of Carminas: an 11UK Inca (which are too big) and a 10.5UK Simpson (which after a godawful break-in fit relatively comfortably). I'm looking at a pair of boots on the Forest last in a 10.5UK. Do you guys think that would work? Thanks.

Yes.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Forest is slightly wider than Simpson so this would probably be more comfortable for you breaking in.

Last edited:

mcdill

Reaction score
Hi all

I was checking out the Carmina e-boutique sale (for big and small sizes) and notice that they have put up some shoes made on the Randa last.

I have not heard of this before, and searches don't seem to show anything up.

Does any one know anything about this last, such as sizing compared to the other Carmina lasts?

Many thanks

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi all

I was checking out the Carmina e-boutique sale (for big and small sizes) and notice that they have put up some shoes made on the Randa last.

I have not heard of this before, and searches don't seem to show anything up.

Does any one know anything about this last, such as sizing compared to the other Carmina lasts?

Many thanks

Wow, thanks for the PSA. Don't know anything about Randa, but I'm happy there's nothing in my size.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maurice Blake