• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't had a BCBS or any of the variants in about 4-5 years, and it doesn't make it out to these parts. I'll just tell myself I'm not missing anything.

Thanksgiving beers were pretty serious. After that Yeti some friends and I had the following.

Don't believe the tart. This was pretty sweet, and not that great, which is my general impression of these. My friends said they'd probably over-aged it, but it seemed much like what I'd had in the past.

This was an appropriate follow-up. Definitely not too sweet, fortunately also not too acidic. Really nice, glad I've got more.

While also sweet, it seemed appropriate here -- and pretty good, heavy, appropriate for the day. But it ruined my palate for the next one.

I'd really been looking forward to this as a follow-up from the regular Yeti earlier in the day (didn't happen to have the barrel aged on hand for the trifecta, unfortunately). I think the Baptist kind of killed my taste buds here, however, so I'll have to open another soon.

Really nice. Felt well balanced, worked well with the meal.

Damn. Black Tuesday + cacao nibs. Chocolatey and extremely alcoholic. Celebratory and appropriately dessert-ish.

I should probably be drying out tonight (there was whisky yesterday too) but I've had these two. The Stillwater was interesting -- kinda funky, wild, enjoyable. And the Marz was great. They just keep cementing my love for them.

Last edited:

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear god, just had the Bourbon County stout. What a great day to be in Chicago.

What the **** is THE Bourbon County Stout? BCS is meh, I had a private sneak preview of this years line up back in October and they were all mediocre to awful. It's the most overrated, overhyped beer...

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
What the **** is THE Bourbon County Stout? BCS is meh, I had a private sneak preview of this years line up back in October and they were all mediocre to awful. It's the most overrated, overhyped beer...

Are you always so unnecessarily confrontational?

Oh and I could think of a few more overhyped beers than BCBS.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

​Are you always so unnecessarily confrontational?

Oh and I could think of a few more overhyped beers than BCBS.

Yes and naming some lambic or some random beer that's been produced in the past 5 years won't mean **** to me. I doubt you'll be able to name anything that has over 20yrs of history which has been overhyped just as long as it's existed...

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
Yes and naming some lambic or some random beer that's been produced in the past 5 years won't mean **** to me. I doubt you'll be able to name anything that has over 20yrs of history which has been overhyped just as long as it's existed...

Lol.

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Westvleteren XII...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member