• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

Mirage-

Reaction score
Looking to spend between $500-700 for a suit.. If you had to choose one of the following brands for suits, which would it be? Overall quality/fit/value etc.. thanks 🙏

Suitsupply,Natalino, Spier and Mackay, Cavour, pini parma? Or any other brand in this category..
Consider that:
- if you don't like very (imo too) slim ankles, Pini parma is out (SS used to be too, but this year they introduced a couple "relaxed suits" in much better trouser cuts - still, not much choice for suits unless going custom order)
- Natalino trousers tend to have larger thighs than equivalent size in other brands (for me, too much)
- if you want high-rise, Cavour is out for now (new model 3 is high rise but no suits in model 3 yet). It's also imho too expensive (and out of budget probably) now that it's even moved production to China (while increasing prices!), but at the usual 50% end of season sale it might still be good value
- I think SS jackets have lower armholes than most other brands mentioned, except perhaps in the Jort model (which indeed I feel it is much better, though much more expensive, and also my experience is limited to a single jacket from several seasons ago).

sydneycider

Reaction score
Consider that:
- if you don't like very (imo too) slim ankles, Pini parma is out (SS used to be too, but this year they introduced a couple "relaxed suits" in much better trouser cuts - still, not much choice for suits unless going custom order)
- Natalino trousers tend to have larger thighs than equivalent size in other brands (for me, too much)
- if you want high-rise, Cavour is out for now (new model 3 is high rise but no suits in model 3 yet). It's also imho too expensive (and out of budget probably) now that it's even moved production to China (while increasing prices!), but at the usual 50% end of season sale it might still be good value
- I think SS jackets have lower armholes than most other brands mentioned, except perhaps in the Jort model (which indeed I feel it is much better, though much more expensive, and also my experience is limited to a single jacket from several seasons ago).
Cavour moving production to China? Disappointing considering they're at the same price point as Drake's!

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
hey guys I posted this on the tailors suggestion thread but no reply.

I have the 32 and 30 of these pants, and I like the body and seat of the 30, but the waist of the 32. Should I just get the 32 to be tapered down to the body of the 30, or let out the waist of the 30S to match the 32? I would really appreciate any adivice

1691210020017-jpeg.2002921

1691210042505-jpeg.2002923

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cavour moving production to China? Disappointing considering they're at the same price point as Drake's!

I thought they moved it long ago.

Bric3d

Reaction score
hey guys I posted this on the tailors suggestion thread but no reply.

I have the 32 and 30 of these pants, and I like the body and seat of the 30, but the waist of the 32. Should I just get the 32 to be tapered down to the body of the 30, or let out the waist of the 30S to match the 32? I would really appreciate any adivice

1691210020017-jpeg.2002921

1691210042505-jpeg.2002923
My guess would be to keep the 32, but you could try asking Nathan from Natalino how much you could let out the 30 as it would depend on their cut.

MaE

Reaction score
I would suggest to always keep the bigger one and to have a tailor take it in where needed. If you happen to gain a kilo or two over the months/years, it will never be a problem to let it out again slightly..

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cavour is superior to drakes despite being made in China. They're at least full canvas compared to Drake's which is half canvas.

Rhodia

Reaction score
Consider that:
I cannot speak to all of these brands, but I think Spier and Natalino both offer good value. The caveat here is fit. I personally have an athletic build. So...

1) Natalino trousers (with their slightly fuller cut and higher rise) fit me well. Spier do not, as their overall U-rise renders them tight through the seat.

2) Natalino's jackets are far too slim, even in a size up, while Spier's sportcoats fit well in both Neo and Non-Neo cuts.

3) Cavour is indeed much pricier than both other brands, unless you're buying on sale. But then you have to worry about sizes being in stock, returns, etc.

Finally, if you're in North America, Spier is easier for shipping and returns. If you're in Europe, the opposite is the case. This can easily affect the overall price.

I myself am still trying to find a brand from whom I can buy a full suit, so it anyone has any leads, let me know!

sydneycider

Reaction score
Yeah, I already have some good trousers from Natalino, and unfortunately I just can't look past the ultra high gorge on their S/S jackets this season.

The cotton linen shirts look fantastic though, I'm keen.
Feel like the shirts are the better deals is this sale so far, will probably get some.

PeterFisher

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a sports coat from Natalino and am a little unsure about the fit. The sleeves are unfinished and would need to be shortened but that's expected. I'm a little unsure of how the collar sits on my neck, and the sleeves look a little baggy somehow. The jacket is also a little long and the buttoning point may also be a little high? Any opinions welcome. My trousers need ironing too but that's on me :)

The jacket is size 46, I am 1m70 and weigh 66kgs, with a fairly average build.

thanks in advance

20230828_111428.jpg

Attachments

• 20230828_111437.jpg
    20230828_111437.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 20230828_111446.jpg
    20230828_111446.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

KOz

Reaction score
It looks too short and the chest a tad tight. Perhaps size up, then take in the waist and shorten the sleeves.

Also, the first two pictures don't help a lot. Better to post pictures like the last one - whole outfit, full body, and from far away.

Last edited:

PeterFisher

Reaction score
It looks too short and the chest a tad tight. Perhaps size up, then take in the waist and shorten the sleeves.

Also, the first two pictures don't help a lot. Better to post pictures like the last one - whole outfit, full body, and from far away.
Thanks a lot. I've posted some additional pictures from a distance. The shoulder is already extending slightly beyond my shoulder bone, so I would probably return this rather than size up.

sydneycider

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I've posted some additional pictures from a distance. The shoulder is already extending slightly beyond my shoulder bone, so I would probably return this rather than size up.
Size up.

The length is good, chest is too tight which I suspect may be causing the collar gap because the whole front is buckling. Natalino jackets have an extended shoulder, so it should not sit on your shoulder bone.

46 is a really small size, if you consider an "average" model is a 48 or 50. Honestly I can't see you being a 46 (no offence, I'm a 52).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzzsssgy