• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

MadsK

Reaction score
Perfect. What other shoes do those shoe trees fit? Hopefully, you have other soft squared shoes that will fit those trees.
Unfortunately, I sized up for the Shang last and that turned out to be a mistake. I wear the shoes with insoles but the trees will be too big for anything else I have.

I hope to receive my next shoe in the Shang last within a few weeks, this time in my usual size.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I sized up for the Shang last and that turned out to be a mistake. I wear the shoes with insoles but the trees will be too big for anything else I have.

I hope to receive my next shoe in the Shang last within a few weeks, this time in my usual size.

Hopefully the new size works out better for you. ??

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the new episode of the Shoegazing Podcast I interview Leon Fan, who together with Kevin Li founded Medallion Shoes, A quite interesting talk about their work with building up Medallion Shoes and also Acme, rather open-hearted with things like what and how much they sell and their aims going forward, and we also talked about the Chinese quality shoe market in general and on the increasing amount of brands and makers coming out of China making welted footwear. Listen to the episode here or in your preferred podcast player.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One suggestion maybe transcript in the future (probably quite some work though?), I just prefer to read because it’s quicker...

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One suggestion maybe transcript in the future (probably quite some work though?), I just prefer to read because it’s quicker...

Sorry, won't happen I'm afraid. Part of why I wanted to do the podcast was to be able to keep these more "full length" interviews without too much work going into it for me, when I write reports or interviews which already can be rather long (too long according to some), they are not even close to the amount being fit into these episodes. And to transcript it would be just to much of an effort (I've tested automatic transcription in the podcast service I use, turned out ****, shoe lingo and often bad English by both me and the interviewee isn't a good combo...), and is also asked for by quite few. So afraid you have to sacrifice 30-45 minutes a month to find out what's said in these interviews ?

Last edited:

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flame Panda’s after 10 wears. They have started to break in.

8783792F-AB1B-4C13-B417-C0CC5E922BA6.jpeg
1FC746C3-9F6D-47F5-841B-23EC25FE1E96.jpeg
64D59CA4-7F65-4155-B5A6-BD9875851D9C.jpeg
305A303E-D96D-4BFF-B9C3-464236190AE5.jpeg
43D1C150-EE01-4761-9E92-ED636BFC2215.jpeg
4F2D95E9-9FD8-4AFF-A02A-04F0D3B6D349.jpeg
227B220D-C04C-4D80-A350-7CB0190355C8.jpeg
2FB417BC-A80D-4C73-BE1D-68E1634BFAE4.jpeg
E13AB5D8-9EAF-4B08-AA5F-FAEF78327B5C.jpeg
FE622FD8-B041-4938-9DBE-ED99FA19964B.jpeg

Viatu

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a very happy repeat Yeossal customer. But, I feel like Yeossal's hand welted line of shoes are missing their take on a shoe similar to Saint Crispin's French Norwegian 2 eyelet derby. This specific derby is my favorite derby and it may be yours too. So, I broached the idea to Yeossal about creating their take on this derby. Yeossal is only willing to create their own French Norwegian 2 eyelet derby if there is enough interest. That's where you all come in. If you are interested in purchasing this derby from Yeossal please comment below and/or send me a private message. I've posted some pictures of the Saint Crispin's French Norwegian 2 eyelet derby.

Attachments

• STC3.jpg
    STC3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 41
  • STC2.jpg
    STC2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 45
  • STC1.jpg
    STC1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 68
  • STC.jpg
    STC.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 65

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If my memory serves me well, I remember a great informative post from forum shoe expert member @bengal-stripe explaning the austrian origin from that model. May be he can chime in and confirm.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I remember a great informative post from forum shoe expert member @bengal-stripe explaning the austrian origin from that model.

I can't recall having ever said anything about an Austrian heritage of that style of shoe. The split-toe and apron design is generally known as 'Norwegian'. Whether this shoe goes back to some historical Norwegian way of shoemaking or is just a name given to that design, I wouldn't know. The old Norwegians must have been quite prolific shoemakers, after all the humble loafer is also credited to them. Bass calls their loafers 'Weejuns', allegedly derived from Norwegians.

I would agree with calling the SC shoes featured as 'French' (inspired). That proportion (or ill-proportion) of extra-short apron and extra-long toe-seam is typical for French or Italian designs. Just pointing out for clarity, those 'seams' of apron and toe are faux, they are just decorative lines and do not join two pieces of leather.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was at Medallion Shoes a couple of days ago. The place is amazing.

IMG_4365.JPG IMG_4368.JPG IMG_4369.JPG

In the new episode of the Shoegazing Podcast I interview Leon Fan, who together with Kevin Li founded Medallion Shoes, A quite interesting talk about their work with building up Medallion Shoes and also Acme, rather open-hearted with things like what and how much they sell and their aims going forward, and we also talked about the Chinese quality shoe market in general and on the increasing amount of brands and makers coming out of China making welted footwear. Listen to the episode here or in your preferred podcast player.

Attachments

• IMG_4371.JPG
    IMG_4371.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4372.JPG
    IMG_4372.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4373.JPG
    IMG_4373.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 75

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?