• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The best Oxford shirt

kid1002

Reaction score
Hi guys, following up here. I’m quite short , 5”7 with a regular build and looking for a good Oxford that I can wear that doesn’t feel like a dress untucked haha.

I’ve seen Kamakura mentioned, have any fellow shorter guys liked the fit there? Any other recommendations ?

I am 174cm and can wear the Kamakura 38-82 size OCBD (SPORTS fit) untucked comfortably.

JimStarr

Reaction score
I would recommend Drake’s. Expensive, yes, but the fabric, collar and quality are solid. Kamakura has been recommended above, but compared point by point, the Drake’s OCBD simply blows it away. The collar is better than Kamakura’s flimsy one, the fabric is a much more robust oxford-weave and Kamakura’s small, yellow river shell buttons can not hold a candle to Drake’s beautiful MOP buttons. Granted, the Drake’s one costs twice as much. It can be had on the Archive sales for close to the msrp of the Kamakura, though.
I loved Old Navy's OCBD from about 10 years ago. Great cloth with a pocket. They were perfect. Then they stopped carrying them and I can't find any like them that are navy blue color. I don't like the light colors too much.

OCBD365

Reaction score
I recently picked up two Drakes oxfords and I’m finding the shoulders to be uncomfortably narrow. They sit at least half inch higher up my shoulder on each side compared to Borrelli, JPress, or Brooks.

I wanted to like them — the hand on the fabric is soft and incredible and the collar is lovely. The body and sleeves were a nice cut —not too slim not too billowy. Unfortunately, the shoulders are cramped and uncomfortable and with a jacket off, I look like I’m wearing a much too slim shirt from 2010. I’m 6ft ~160 so not a large frame either. Don’t know how you all fit into these.

if there was something in the ~200 range with the hand and collar of drakes with wider shoulders I’d be all over it.

You can do MTO remotely and add width to the yoke. I think they're $100 more though. They'll give you a free white OCBD or Poplin for ever three shirts ordered also I believe.

Club Soda

Reaction score
Drake's easyday shirts come without a locker loop in the back and also lack the gusset. They are a little bit shorter in the body too. If I am not mistaken, the Easyday line was designed with "younger" customers in mind, who might want to wear their shirts untucked.
I'm glad they ditched the easy day stuff; the ties were more narrow too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileFile