• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dawei94

Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the pros / cons of getting the polos from Ascot Chang directly (let's say from the NYC store) vs from the Armoury, especially if I got an MTM / bespoke one? I'm not sure if the Armoury offers bespoke or only MTM, but the Armoury seems to offer more fabrics (not sure if they're all available directly from AC as well), and I'm not sure if there's other stuff too

takashi78

Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the pros / cons of getting the polos from Ascot Chang directly (let's say from the NYC store) vs from the Armoury, especially if I got an MTM / bespoke one? I'm not sure if the Armoury offers bespoke or only MTM, but the Armoury seems to offer more fabrics (not sure if they're all available directly from AC as well), and I'm not sure if there's other stuff too

I have both the Armoury ver and direct from AC when i visited HK.

To me the make is the same since both are made by AC in HK.

Difference would be the cloth being used which is Armoury specific i think.

I also asked about a MTM/Bespoke polo from AC HK, it cost more than the RTW models.
So unless you have an odd body shape which non of the RTW models fit well or you just want to have a more nicely fitted shirt, then RTW is the way to go.
Forgot about price difference but i think at least usd100 more.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen the hopsack in person.
The hopsack is labeled as dark blue. The balloon says navy.

I have the balloon and it is very very dark.

They appear to labeled correctly and the hopsack is likely a lighter shade than the balloon.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have this jacket? What's the weight on it?

The color on the website says "dark navy", however it looks a shade or two lighter than the Wool Balloon fabric.

I don't get why dark blue is deemed considered brighter than navy, but that is the case here, for sure. The Zegna is brighter.

given that it's an S/S offering, I would bet it's somewhere betwen 270-325g (inclined to assume it leans lighter, being Italian and all), but I'm neurotic about such things and would just ping their CS crew. they're always quick on reply.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Pommella trousers? $950 for RTW pants seems pretty steep to me, but maybe they really are that nice.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No doubt Pommella trousers are nice but you can get bespoke for maybe a few hundred dollars more (depending on where you're located) which is probalby more worth it.

That's true, although I've been surprised by some recent quotes for MTM trousers. Rota and others are $750+. I would guess bespoke is $1,300+ these days. Inflation sucks.

symphvaria

Reaction score
That's true, although I've been surprised by some recent quotes for MTM trousers. Rota and others are $750+. I would guess bespoke is $1,300+ these days. Inflation sucks.
I paid $650 for my MTM Rota trousers last fall. I hope it’s not $750 now.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HerbeWilk