• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

Shoe Martian

Reaction score
Kudu Pattons. I may have hit these with Oiled Leather Cream. Good stuff.
IMG_0566.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's comforting to know, thanks. The pain was unbelievable, as I've never experienced this kind of shooting pain before. Even the hernia surgery I had last year was a picnic compared to this. At least today, I can stand up and move a lot more.
The fact that you're already up and moving around is incredibly reassuring! I've been out of commission for weeks and my recovery time seems to get longer each incident. Best advice is keep moving and staying active! If you start developing back spasms, that's a whole different level of debilitating pain!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something shady that I've noticed about the website is that shoes are showing as "just a few left" when you put in your size, but that's clearly not the case.

Several months ago, I bought a pair of the burgundy football grain sneakers at full price when I saw this. This was clearly not the case, because they were still around a month or two later for the RDA sale and went down in price by a hundred dollars. Now, many months later, the website is still showing "just a few pairs left" when I bring up the shoe and put in my size.

This is clearly manipulation thought up by the diseased mind of some MBA to trick people into not waiting for a sale.
Hey! Don’t make fun of my MBA!

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem, have you seen @AEfaninTampa or @FatTuesday??? Not me?!?

@dpgaloot since you have over 40 boots in shell, I definitely don’t have a problem! May I recommend contacting Allen Edmonds Customer Service Addiction Support Line (877) 817-7615? They may be able to help! 😀😎

Hard to believe this is 17 years old, but: Shoes!!!

Speaking of shell, a new pair of shell arrived this morning…finally, after an 11 month wait.
IMG_3775.jpeg
And inspecting the shell
IMG_3759.jpeg

Happy Sunday forum pals!

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dpgaloot since you have over 40 boots in shell, I definitely don’t have a problem! May I recommend contacting Allen Edmonds Customer Service Addiction Support Line (877) 817-7615? They may be able to help! 😀😎

Hard to believe this is 17 years old, but: Shoes!!!

Speaking of shell, a new pair of shell arrived this morning…finally, after an 11 month wait.

Happy Sunday forum pals!

These shoes are 300 dollars.

These shoes are 300 dollars.

These shoes are 300 ******* dollars.

Let's. Get. Them.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_6698.jpeg

IMG_6686.jpeg

Waxy suede Higgins Mills 2648
have arrived. One thing I couldn’t help noticing is that the welt color on mine doesn’t match the website photographs. Has anyone else experienced this? Can’t decide where I land on it. On the one hand, I like the website picture more. On the other, it does differentiate them from my OG Higgins Mills. One thing that’s indisputable: can’t beat the price.

columnsofsteam

Reaction score
Waxy suede Higgins Mills 2648
have arrived. One thing I couldn’t help noticing is that the welt color on mine doesn’t match the website photographs. Has anyone else experienced this? Can’t decide where I land on it. On the one hand, I like the website picture more. On the other, it does differentiate them from my OG Higgins Mills. One thing that’s indisputable: can’t beat the price.

It's been a while, so I can't completely trust my memory, but I believe the 2648 Waxed HM actually pre-dated the AE-sold 3187 by a month or so. Near as I could tell, they were identical except for the 2648 having a dark brown welt rather than antique. I thought the 2648 was made for Nordstrom, but the photo on their site shows the lighter welt, so either I'm wrong (lord knows it wouldn't be the first time), or Nordstrom switched over to the 3187 after the initial batch sold through.

They're a hell of a boot, regardless of the welt color -- if I weren't too lazy to keep track of this sort of thing, I bet I'd find that mine was my most-worn pair of boots.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donnavenne