• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Upon closer inspection, noticed that these do have a significant defect...the heel counter stitching is incomplete. I'll be reaching out to AE to see what they can do for these.
View attachment 2082653
Just want to add: They must have balls the size of apples to send these to you.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're the regular calfskin.

In that case, if I were in your shoes, I would consider either trying another pair in the exact same size to see if there's any improvement. If that doesn't work, you know the size is not ideal. The other option would be to try sizing down to 9.5 D. It's also possible that the model/last combo just does not work for your feet.

@Hisheirness23 It's like the stitcher just said "screw this, I'll just stop here". That would be an okay F2 shoe, but even my F2s are not that bad. Sorry to see this on what otherwise is a lovely looking shoe.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In that case, if I were in your shoes, I would consider either trying another pair in the exact same size to see if there's any improvement. If that doesn't work, you know the size is not ideal. The other option would be to try sizing down to 9.5 D. It's also possible that the model/last combo just does not work for your feet.

@Hisheirness23 It's like the stitcher just said "screw this, I'll just stop here". That would be an okay F2 shoe, but even my F2s are not that bad. Sorry to see this on what otherwise is a lovely looking shoe.
Almost looks like they ran out of thread and didn't finish it. Like even the end is wrapped back on itself as to keep it from unraveling.

I feel like these won't even be F2 since F2 is typically cosmetic. These are more than just appearance as the thread will come undone and eventually the heel panel could separate from the upper. AE may have to make a new shoe since I don't think they have the tooling/expertise to unsew the inner lining and separate the upper from the welt to complete the stitching.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My denim Strands came with just the plain old dark brown laces. Same for my UV dundees.
The laces don't quite match the welt, anyways, so I'll probably resort to buying some Laccico laces. The Caramel colored laces match the welts pretty good on both UV and Denim make-ups.

Harwid

Reaction score

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3996.jpeg

Ultraviolet Drakes today. Just installed the shoe protectors on my desk chair at the office to prevent scuffing and scraping.
IMG_3997.jpeg

Last edited:

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These were heading towards the chopping block, but I’ve decided I still like them for now. The last isn’t the best for my feet, but at least it’s not uncomfortable. The heels don’t have much to lock me in (I don’t understand why they made the back of the shaft straight), so I have to crank down the laces at the throat. I really wish it had less volume so that my vamps weren’t caved in. View attachment 2079517
Try an orthotic?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance