• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyinLG

Reaction score
The trunk show is basically when they offer models of their shoes in different materials and colours than what are normally available and frequently those models are discontinued, or vault styles, that are not widely available. They basically are meant to be a chance to get a rare version of a style you might not otherwise be able to get.

The trunk show takes place usually once or twice a year and it is announced usually within a month of it happening, but it is not scheduled that far in advance because I take it they make their decisions relatively late in the process.
Thanks for the info. I live in Silicon Valley (southern SF Bay Area) and was visiting their Walnut Creek store in the Eastbay, about an hour north.) The gal working there mentioned it was coming up at the end of the month but she said she had zero clue what it was about other than the dates. Unfortunately we do not have an AE store here in San Jose. Bummer. But I mentioned it to a couple of friends and we’re going to check it out and hopefully do some serious buying, lol.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have six left (one is Rush St)…

It's kind of funny to read "only 6". That's still a lot of one model if you really think about it. Sure, we don't have 97 like Strand King, but 6 is still a lot for the average guy on here.

I also just realized I have 8 variations of the Strand if you count the Bartlett, Rush St, & Strandmoks. The most recent one I regret missing was the Tinsel Ave. I just couldn't justify $395 on them though.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get that, but at the same time I don't mind the $75 off coupons being sent out. Would feel like double dipping if both worked

I still don't have my $75 coupon. Also, its only one coupon per account. If you planned on getting multiple pairs or belts, the collector's points would go a lot further than the $75.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's kind of funny to read "only 6". That's still a lot of one model if you really think about it. Sure, we don't have 97 like Strand King, but 6 is still a lot for the average guy on here.

I also just realized I have 8 variations of the Strand if you count the Bartlett, Rush St, & Strandmoks. The most recent one I regret missing was the Tinsel Ave. I just couldn't justify $395 on them though.
I’m up to 9 MacNeils. No plans on stopping either when they pop on eBay or poshmark.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like those (jeans?)
Thank you.
They are made by Gustin. They are style 541 — and Gustin just so happens to have an active campaign on these. (Now is the time to order if you want a pair.)

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Regular old Navy shell on olive Dainite in two different kinds of light. I still love it though some might find it to be “too dark”. I knew what I was buying.
Now for the upcoming trunk show I’m definitely in on some Denim shell, in fact the first time I saw Phil from Ashland showing it on some wallets it’s been in my mind! I also love the fact that they are pairing it with the natural welt color!
IMG_3141.jpeg
IMG_3143.jpeg

Moeck14

Reaction score
I still don't have my $75 coupon. Also, its only one coupon per account. If you planned on getting multiple pairs or belts, the collector's points would go a lot further than the $75.
Very true, hoping they send them out to everyone soon. Mine was inside a boot related email if I recall correctly

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regular old Navy shell on olive Dainite in two different kinds of light. I still love it though some might find it to be “too dark”. I knew what I was buying.
Now for the upcoming trunk show I’m definitely in on some Denim shell, in fact the first time I saw Phil from Ashland showing it on some wallets it’s been in my mind! I also love the fact that they are pairing it with the natural welt color!
View attachment 2029851 View attachment 2029853

Here is my green pair on double JR. The only thing I don’t like is the dark outsole stitch color
IMG_7115.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance