• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SW1Y

Reaction score
Doesn't look like bubbling in this picture. Looks like the inside pocket was folded in weird way or something wasn't flat in the lining and made an impression in the cloth when pressed. What has been tried to rectify the impression?

This.

Probably a thread or something that was left in between the lining and the cloth. Did your advisor at BB and/or your tailor actually bother to open up the lining and have a peek inside to see what's going on before blaming the cleaners?

I'd say that a decent dry cleaner will be able to repress your lapels properly (if it actually is 1818, there's probably no fusing in them) and if it's a thread or fold behind the cloth, he should be able to clean that up as well.

jeremyleediaz

Reaction score
Show them where it hadn't bubbled before. He said he already went back to them about the issue. Granted, this thread isn't all too recent.

popabear

Reaction score
I might be totally wrong, but it looks like bubbling to me as the bubble line ends abruptly at the panel edge.

Was this a Southwick (made in the US / Own Make) 1818 suit or one of their Italian contracted jobs? I don't think this should have happened given that even the cheapest fused crap in the back of my closet can deal with getting dry-cleaned once and a while without the fusing delaminating (and some of that stuff is decades old). That said, it is possible you were the victim of a dry-cleaner that really is that terrible.
I might be totally wrong, but it looks like bubbling to me as the bubble line ends abruptly at the panel edge.

Was this a Southwick (made in the US / Own Make) 1818 suit or one of their Italian contracted jobs? I don't think this should have happened given that even the cheapest fused crap in the back of my closet can deal with getting dry-cleaned once and a while without the fusing delaminating (and some of that stuff is decades old). That said, it is possible you were the victim of a dry-cleaner that really is that terrible.
Dear Mt Tasker Dry Cleaners use broilers to produce steam , usually operating at 80PSI so by the time thw steam arrives at the various pressing stations it has dropped in temperature, dry cleaning irons are only steam heated, no thermostats with electricity , they do not burn , THUs dry cleaners cannot use TOO much heat . That is a lame excuse from manufactures that use inferior interfacing or have not set them correctl.y
Howard Duffy

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member