• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Brown Fresco trousers in a contemporary 32 if anyone is interested in the US. Figure I could send to you for $105 shipped instead of just returning if anyone is interested.
Just PM me

Last edited:

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got my camel topcoat today! First impressions:

1) This is a goddamned gorgeous colour and design, and throwing it on feels super comfy, albeit a bit roomy. The length is quite nice (pretty perfect length to me, I think), and I really dig the lapels. It's light, but warm, which is fantastic. Wearing it is like wearing a bathrobe, but in the best way possible, cause it's so light and it feels nice.
2) The fit seems off to me. What do you guys think? The underarm area in particular looks very odd to me. Can this be fixed by a tailor? The shoulders fit okay, a little loose, but it's comfy which is more important. I've lost a bit of weight, so buttoning the coat is comfortable, but this excess fabric in the chest/underarm area makes me feel a bit self-conscious while wearing it. The sleeves are a bit long, so I'll have to get those shortened a bit. Took a few pics:

20180402_123657qauqq.jpg

20180402_123701uvuuf.jpg

20180402_123702ksu3f.jpg

20180402_1237063vu0n.jpg

20180402_123709rpuzu.jpg

20180402_123714v4uxb.jpg

Thoughts? I really love the coat, but this is definitely bugging me.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got my camel topcoat today! First impressions:

1) This is a goddamned gorgeous colour and design, and throwing it on feels super comfy, albeit a bit roomy. The length is quite nice (pretty perfect length to me, I think), and I really dig the lapels. It's light, but warm, which is fantastic. Wearing it is like wearing a bathrobe, but in the best way possible, cause it's so light and it feels nice.
2) The fit seems off to me. What do you guys think? The underarm area in particular looks very odd to me. Can this be fixed by a tailor? The shoulders fit okay, a little loose, but it's comfy which is more important. I've lost a bit of weight, so buttoning the coat is comfortable, but this excess fabric in the chest/underarm area makes me feel a bit self-conscious while wearing it. The sleeves are a bit long, so I'll have to get those shortened a bit. Took a few pics:

20180402_123657qauqq.jpg

20180402_123701uvuuf.jpg

20180402_123702ksu3f.jpg

20180402_1237063vu0n.jpg

20180402_123709rpuzu.jpg

20180402_123714v4uxb.jpg

Thoughts? I really love the coat, but this is definitely bugging me.

It almost looks too big. The shoulders are pretty wide. The sleeves are also super long.

llltronlll

Reaction score
How do you guys find the tolerances of S&M? I ordered 3 custom shirts, they sent me one to get the fit down. I have been going back and forth with them for a while now, at a fault of both of ours... I am busy with meetings during the day which has made me miss a call or two, but in general I also cannot get them on the phone to discuss fit, regardless of when I call... and I call a lot more often than them, and I have been trying to schedule a time to talk rather than just randomly call but can't get that addressed via email. I get it, people are busy. This wont stop me from being a customer, rather just a side note.

However, the shirt I have is off by over an inch in the hip measurement, and ~5 of the measurements are off by over 1/2 an inch and up to almost an inch. Some I consider pretty important, like the collar and shoulders. These measurements shouldn't off by that much, the shirt either wont fit or will look sloppy IMO.

I figured this was a one off, but I bought some chinos from them and I am very happy for the price point. The measurements were on, so I ordered 2 more. These new chinos are ~3/4" smaller in the waist than the previous pair I bought.

TBH this is making me hesitant to order more. I am going to have to return the two chinos and I am concerned about the existing shirts on my order (and what I wanted was to buy 8-10 shirts once we got my measurements right).

I get that there will be natural tolerance differences in these clothes, and I accept this, I am not here to 'complain', but if the measurements are all over the place I feel it probably makes more sense to buy from a different mtm shirt retailer rather than get everything tailored.

Is it possible to get some insight from other members here who often order from S&M? What should I expect?

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone take pics in the new side tab trousers yet? How are you guys liking them?

@Burzan @FlyingHorker Did you guys get your new shirts yet?

Nah not yet. I actually have not received shipping notification. Rick just mentioned the factory was shipping it to them soon so I guess I am waiting for SM to receive it before it comes my way.

hms056

Reaction score
Hi guys, been lurking this thread for a while now, figured it was about time to say hello and ask a few questions...

I'm looking to grab one of the non-preordered tobacco fresco suits for my wedding this summer, will be my first SM purchase. In the sad event that I manage to miss it, has Rick mentioned anything about wool-linen blend suits coming this season as well?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justbo