• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Soooo...I convinced myself the more I thought about this...

VBC charcoal flannel suit just arrived (snagged at the great $478 CDN price...or about $350 USD for our friends south of the border).

Also happy to say that the jacket length on this one is dead-on the size chart! (I took some measurements on S&M stuff I own and posted awhile back that most of the jackets I have are somewhat shorter than the size chart indicates.)

Now just need the sleeves done by my tailor, and some cooler weather to put this into use!

View attachment 2013231

On man you're going to be exhausted from all the sex you will be having in this thing, and you might as well kiss your current hobbies goodbye while you're at it. Condolences.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
On man you're going to be exhausted from all the sex you will be having in this thing, and you might as well kiss your current hobbies goodbye while you're at it. Condolences.

Lol - the drycleaning costs might well exceed the suit cost in short order :)

classicoutfits

Reaction score
they have few summer pieces on sale today. No pants on sale. I always wondered if they run sale on all summer pieces, fall etc than jackets vs suits vs pants, wouldn’t they save money on shipping? Less but bigger orders coming from same customer?

JTrent82

Reaction score
That's my experience too. In order to make it more confusing, there are two different size charts for the Ulster now. Size 38 in the first link is basically size 40 in the second and so on.

Where did you find this second table? I see only last year's navy and camel Ulsters listed on the site, and they correspond with the first table.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
So... to follow up, does anyone with the suede trucker have any size recommendations? If not, I'm going to default to my usual 46 and hope it's not too small.

I was told by the top men at GQ that a suede trucker was something that a Ryan Reynolds / Ryan Gosling / Matthew McConaughey / Bradley Cooper / Rob McElhenney type would wear, and as someone who wishes to live that hot middle aged prettyboy lifestyle, I too would like to drape one of these things on my torso while dating a ScarJo knockoff.

I already have the white jeans, cream rollneck, tan Blundstones, and Persol sunnies to pair with this like The Rake would probably suggest. To wear to my job in a suburban cubicle farm and flex for Cindy from marketing.

JTrent82

Reaction score
So... to follow up, does anyone with the suede trucker have any size recommendations? If not, I'm going to default to my usual 46 and hope it's not too small.

I was told by the top men at GQ that a suede trucker was something that a Ryan Reynolds / Ryan Gosling / Matthew McConaughey / Bradley Cooper / Rob McElhenney type would wear, and as someone who wishes to live that hot middle aged prettyboy lifestyle, I too would like to drape one of these things on my torso while dating a ScarJo knockoff.

I already have the white jeans, cream rollneck, tan Blundstones, and Persol sunnies to pair with this like The Rake would probably suggest. To wear to my job in a suburban cubicle farm and flex for Cindy from marketing.
You are on fire this week!

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
I got the Drago WSL field jacket in the mail today and I can report that it runs quite small compared to the same size pure linen SS22 field jacket I have from the previous season. I can’t even bend my arms or relax my shoulders, which seems to be the trend of this past year so I need to size up. Lovely fabric though.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was told by the top men at GQ that a suede trucker was something that a Ryan Reynolds / Ryan Gosling / Matthew McConaughey / Bradley Cooper / Rob McElhenney type would wear
My bank teller once mistook me for Tom Cruise, and yes, I was wearing my suede trucker...
This was years ago before Tom Cruise's face started melting.
Go forth, and do likewise my friend.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you find this second table? I see only last year's navy and camel Ulsters listed on the site, and they correspond with the first table.
The second table was the one popping up before. They must've changed it since I notified Rick about it.

LongGoneDay

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a store credit I'd like to use, but I can not for the love of my life understand how I apply it. Any advice?

Thanks!

dv0101

Reaction score
I'm shopping for my wedding suit and am really interested in a MTO Spier and Mackay suit. I want high rise trousers and SM seem to be the most cost effective way of getting a suit with this type of pant (aside from buying vintage).

However, I'm quite confused about how to go about ordering. First off, they don't send swatches out?? How am I supposed to select a fabric if I've never felt or seen it? They told me I can order a bunch of their RTW suits and that might help me make a decision, but they don't make RTW suits in many fabrics compared to their MTO options. Also, buying thousands of dollars worth of suits only to return them feels...risky.

Secondly -- and maybe I'm just a total newb here so forgive my ignorance -- but the MTO sizing is quite confusing to me. For a size 38, it shows a 41.7" chest...that seems to indicate to me that the custom sizing options are shown as garment measurements, not body measurements. Typically for MTM, you would enter your body measurements as taken by a tailor...this seems to be different? How does one size oneself in this manner? Sure, I could measure a jacket I own that I think fits well, but it's made from a different material and in a different cut -- I wouldn't expect the measurements to mean much.

It's the same with their trousers. A size 32 shows a 33.5" waist in the MTM measurements. Confusing!

Last edited:

JTrent82

Reaction score
I'm shopping for my wedding suit and am really interested in a MTO Spier and Mackay suit. I want high rise trousers and SM seem to be the most cost effective way of getting a suit with this type of pant (aside from buying vintage).

However, I'm quite confused about how to go about ordering. First off, they don't send swatches out?? How am I supposed to select a fabric if I've never felt or seen it? They told me I can order a bunch of their RTW suits and that might help me make a decision, but they don't make RTW suits in many fabrics compared to their MTO options. Also, buying thousands of dollars worth of suits only to return them feels...risky.

Secondly -- and maybe I'm just a total newb here so forgive my ignorance -- but the MTO sizing is quite confusing to me. For a size 38, it shows a 41.7" chest...that seems to indicate to me that the custom sizing options are jacket measurements, not body measurements. Typically for MTM, you would enter your body measurements as taken by a tailor...this seems to be different? Sure, I could measure a jacket I own that I think fits well, but it's made from a different material and in a different cut -- I wouldn't expect the measurements to mean much.

It's the same with their trousers. A size 32 shows a 33.5" waist in the MTM measurements. Confusing!
When you enter a size in the MTO interface, it will provide garment measurements that you can tweak to your preferences. I strongly recommend you find the OTR size that fits you best before you mess around with MTO. No swatches. You're basically shooting blind unless you've made yourself familiar with the fabrics from other sources.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member