• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone know how does the Gio skinny from unis run? Waist and taper wise? Im looking for a 28-30.

Thanks

I don't have measurements but when I tried them on I sized down from 30-29 for a perfect fit.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looking for an equivalent to the old W+H made in japan chinos. the fit and handle on those were absolute beast imo. it's been quite some time and i'm learning that W+H no long have them made in japan anymore. i'm sure it doesn't matter but I have special love for them and want to find something equivalent. please give me some suggestions to try.

are the newer chino's that much difference besides the inseam length increase? if charts are right for measurements for the new ones its only like 0.5"-1" length increase

Last edited:

mookiej

Reaction score
I'm confused. i thought I had read that gio's run TTS - e.g. a tagged 32 measures 32 at the waist.

anyone know what the rise is like on gios?

I don't have measurements but when I tried them on I sized down from 30-29 for a perfect fit.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm confused. i thought I had read that gio's run TTS - e.g. a tagged 32 measures 32 at the waist.

They don't really run TTS, I can wear a 30 and I measure at 31.5" at the hips. And they're more a slim straight cut

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I can state, without hesitation, that the Skinny Gio runs a full size large. I tried on multiple pairs in NYC two weeks ago. 29 fit me perfectly. For any doubters, I wear a 30 in Epaulet rivet chinos, and all their other pants. I usually take a 28-29 in raw denim. Size down 1.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still a bit confused. What exactly is the difference in cut between the gio and gio skinny? Also, if I'm a 32 in Dockers alpha and my best fitting pair of jeans (31 RRL slim) measures 16 across (bigger than 32 because of droop in front, I don't know how to properly measure but I'm 34" true waist), what size should I order?

89andy

Reaction score

are the newer chino's that much difference besides the inseam length increase? if charts are right for measurements for the new ones its only like 0.5"-1" length increase

Last season's chinos were the new ones already MIJ. The ones before are Made in Canada. MIJ ones have inseam like 2 inches longer then MIC. I'm pretty sure this season's is still MIJ.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They don't really run TTS, I can wear a 30 and I measure at 31.5" at the hips. And they're more a slim straight cut

:fu:
TTS does not mean a size 30 pair of pants will have a 30 waist measurement

1. - A 30 isn't supposed to measure 30... you don't wear (almost any) pants at your true waist. A pair of size 30 pants with a rise between 9-10in is probably going to measure 15.5-16in (or 31-32 doubled).

2. - There's more than one cut. Gio = slim straight, Gio "skinny" = slim tapered

Also, assuming they fit like past seasons... they'll fit TTS, that said everyone's body is different so some people may be TTS, some may size up, some may size down. I measured a pair I have from a past season (I forget which, but its from before they introduced the less tapered model) and the waist measures 16 pulled even

Last edited:

flashkobalt

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a pair of the ASOS heavyweight slim chinos, and if so would you be able to post measurements for them?

http://www.asos.com/au/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1832368

I did a quick search, but couldn't seem to find measurements...
I realise that the quality might not be superlative, but I'm not really looking to wear them every second day...

Thanks

brozek

Reaction score

1. - A 30 isn't supposed to measure 30... you don't wear (almost any) pants at your true waist. A pair of size 30 pants with a rise between 9-10in is probably going to measure 15.5-16in (or 31-32 doubled).

What? This is just wrong. TTS means true to tagged size, e.g., not vanity-sized. In other words, a pair of size 30 pants with a 32" waist is not TTS. The term would lose any sort of meaning if your definition was the correct one.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
What? This is just wrong. TTS means true to tagged size, e.g., not vanity-sized. In other words, a pair of size 30 pants with a 32" waist is not TTS. The term would lose any sort of meaning if your definition was the correct one.

I think you're wrong. For me, if someone says something is TTS, you should order your normal size. With your thinking, they would invariably be too small since pants that measure the same as your waist won't fit. TTS in general means that they measure 1" bigger around than tagged size with most rises, but if they are extremely low rise 2" is a possibility

mookiej

Reaction score

Medium rise. You're probably best off getting your usual trouser size.

Thanks for all the sizing advice. I picked up a pair of gios during their sale and went with my usual trouser size, and they fit great.

I'm not sure where i had read that TTS=waist measuring the tagged size, but what you say makes sense. Unis describes them as TTS, and the measured waist is indeed larger than the tagged size.

weatherbear

Reaction score
I picked up some of the Dockers Alpha based on the recommendations in this thread and I'm really liking how they fit. Is there a cut of denim that fits similarly?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purefeetdetoxpatch