• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keen

Reaction score
How about something like EG Westminster on 888 on dainite. Sort of a wet weather dub monk.

Stolen from pinterest:

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How about something like EG Westminster on 888 on dainite. Sort of a wet weather dub monk. Stolen from pinterest:
Ilcea Oak Grain would look sweet in a Double Monk, no doubt.

Zzen

Reaction score
Xposting from the EB thread in hopes of getting maximum feedback before making a decision tonight. Attempting to put together my first MTOs :)

Pop quiz for some of you with perhaps more experience with EB leathers in the wild:

You are trying to select a grain leather for a Chelsea boot. Do you go with dark brown or mid brown for maximum versatility (Walnut or Mahogany in EG speak)? Wardrobe consists mostly of slacks to go with sport coats and denim. This will pair with a Vitello Etrusco Chukka in a boot rotation that will have to stay at 2 for the considerable future. Looking for something smart that can be worn in foul weather.

Pics attached for reference.

Last edited:

joshua1189

Reaction score
Anyone will like to start the gmto for the illeca burgundy grain chukka? Seems like there are a few who are interested

Im definitely keen to do it

Zzen

Reaction score
I'd actually like to also do a Penny in the burgundy grain if anybody is interested in that makeup. Style 645 on Millerighe soles. I believe there is only enough leather for 3 pairs so I don't think that allows it to qualify for GMTO requirements. Perhaps Skoak can confirm.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We're closing the awesome Bonafé Tärnsjö Jumper in a couple of days, just a reminder:
https://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/coll...zo-bonafe-oak-tarnsjo-jumper-boots-25-deposit

blueboy1967

Reaction score
Joshua and others,

I am interested in the chukka (model, last and other details to be determined) if it is in the burgundy ilcea. There were others when it was first mooted so four might be achievable. Do you have preferences for the model, last, sole etc?

Blueboy

joshua1189

Reaction score

Joshua and others,

I am interested in the chukka (model, last and other details to be determined) if it is in the burgundy ilcea. There were others when it was first mooted so four might be achievable. Do you have preferences for the model, last, sole etc?

Blueboy

I was thinking on a Chukka on the 74945 last with a rubber sole. A design that @ThunderMarch made.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member