• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grenson MP monks

showoff001medium6yv.jpg

C&J wholecuts

showoff002medium0ny.jpg

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
VR and TK...more beautiful posts. It's quite refreshing to see some exquisite black shoes peacefully coexisting with their brown counterparts. It's especially interesting to see the black versions of shoes we almost always see in brown like the Clifford and Stowe.

Bravo!!

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKDKid
Grenson Masterpiece Stowe:

Originally Posted by aportnoy
VR and TK...more beautiful posts. It's quite refreshing to see some exquisite black shoes peacefully coexisting with their brown counterparts. It's especially interesting to see the black versions of shoes we almost always see in brown like the Clifford and Stowe.

Bravo!!

Yes, indeed. It's very interesting to see the Stowe with 2 different colors side by side, a study of contrast. Unlike many SF members, I don't have an aversion to black shoes, as long as it's not black suede
devil.gif

TKD, the Aintree is absolutely gorgeous.

Does C&J make lasted trees?

TKDKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy

Bravo!!

Wanna buy some black shoes too now, eh? Eh?
devil.gif

To be honest, as much as I like brown shoes, the conservative side of me means that I tend to wear black shoes much more often. I think I've got enough black shoes to keep me going for a while, but if I see a pair of Philip IIs at the John Lobb factory shop...

I do wish that the Aintree was available in dark brown though, but maybe I'll pick up a pair of Stanleys instead:

10954214_DSCF0003.jpg

TKDKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Yes, indeed. It's very interesting to see the Stowe with 2 different colors side by side, a study of contrast. Unlike many SF members, I don't have an aversion to black shoes, as long as it's not black suede
devil.gif

TKD, the Aintree is absolutely gorgeous.

Does C&J make lasted trees?

Thanks! Your Cliffords are pretty damn nice too.
thumbs-up.gif

I should add that I've darkened my cognac Stowes with dark brown shoe cream so that they're now more of a chestnut colour - the original cognac was a bit too light for my liking.

As far as I know, C&J don't make lasted trees - certainly the one pair that I've got aren't lasted. The ones pictured in my shoes are from Shipton & Heneage - it's their varnished beech wood "Albion" trees, which I've found to be a better fit to my shoes than their unvarnished cedar ones. (In fact they're pretty much a perfect fit for all of my shoes, apart from my C&Js on the 238 last which are a bit narrower.)

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKDKid
Wanna buy some black shoes too now, eh? Eh?
devil.gif

I do wish that the Aintree was available in dark brown though, but maybe I'll pick up a pair of Stanleys instead:

I got the Aintree in antique tan, but alas, not in dark oak.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I forgot this poor pair of JL Naseby... all by itself on the photo hosting website while the other shoes were having a blast here with their new good-looking friends
laugh.gif

I love this waist...
smile.gif

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

coachvu

Reaction score
First time... I wear a size 13, so that limits the brands available to me. Nothing too exciting, just the basics. I've had all three pairs for years, and they've been great. 3 pairs of AE, plus my woodlore shoe shine kit. AE Quincy AE Fairgate AE Holbrook

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresh from the Mansion, EG RLPL Mackay Edwardian 888 last, the color and antiqueing are absolutely stunning:

p10003479ku6lw.jpg

p10003484it.jpg

p10003498cq.jpg

p10003503ta7bj.jpg

p10003512qc.jpg

p10003529yy.jpg

p10003553ra.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day