• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just read an interesting piece on AV in the WSJ. https://www.wsj.com/articles/saint-laurent-fashion-anthony-vaccarello-creative-director-11666733657

Since it's behind a paywall, a few highlights:
  • SLP is approaching 3 billion revenues per year (roughly 20% yearly growth rate), which is incredible
  • SLP does not have as much pressure to go with the flow of other brands, AV is able to do his own thing, since Kering has a particular big-boy, Gucci, pulling most of the wait
  • AV's artistic/creative formation is basically top that you can have, having gone to La Cambre and winning the top prize at a contest at graduation which netted him 290k
  • Worked under KL at Fendi and Donna Versace @ Versace
  • Speaks English, French, and Italian, so prime lingua frança of fashion
  • Splits time between Paris and LA, ironically
  • Is in morning, since his Grandfather from Sicily recently passed away, so doing a lot of darker, somber elements

silentownage001

Reaction score
Just read an interesting piece on AV in the WSJ. https://www.wsj.com/articles/saint-laurent-fashion-anthony-vaccarello-creative-director-11666733657

Since it's behind a paywall, a few highlights:
  • SLP is approaching 3 billion revenues per year (roughly 20% yearly growth rate), which is incredible
  • SLP does not have as much pressure to go with the flow of other brands, AV is able to do his own thing, since Kering has a particular big-boy, Gucci, pulling most of the wait
  • AV's artistic/creative formation is basically top that you can have, having gone to La Cambre and winning the top prize at a contest at graduation which netted him 290k
  • Worked under KL at Fendi and Donna Versace @ Versace
  • Speaks English, French, and Italian, so prime lingua frança of fashion
  • Splits time between Paris and LA, ironically
  • Is in morning, since his Grandfather from Sicily recently passed away, so doing a lot of darker, somber elements

I enjoyed this article. I like that they let SLP do its thing. While the brand is huge, I don't see the same level of content on social media unlike LV, Gucci, Chanel, etc. Tons of videos/posts on Tiktok and IG. Wearing SLP still feels a bit under the radar.

daniel2001

Reaction score
I enjoyed this article. I like that they let SLP do its thing. While the brand is huge, I don't see the same level of content on social media unlike LV, Gucci, Chanel, etc. Tons of videos/posts on Tiktok and IG. Wearing SLP still feels a bit under the radar.
To me honestly that's a good thing. I don't even want people to know what I'm wearing. I like an if you know you know kind of approach. And I haven't seen anyone irl wearing slp style so I love standing out.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Since somebody posted a red suede jacket pic here’s the slp one which I’m probably going to sell since I feel like I would have to baby it to much. Would rather get the suedes in the colors that GG Allin posted on black/brown. I really wanted to find something like this but in the brown color from the Celine ss20 runway as well. Wondering what you guys think of the fit of this jacket.

27A0C14C-63D1-4244-AFE4-868D5357D38B.jpeg

To me honestly that's a good thing. I don't even want people to know what I'm wearing
Main reason I was drown to slp and Hedis in the first place since I always associated logos with the nouveau riche. Your more a fan of the status/marketing then the actual design of the product.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Since somebody posted a red suede jacket pic here’s the slp one which I’m probably going to sell since I feel like I would have to baby it to much. Would rather get the suedes in the colors that GG Allin posted on black/brown. I really wanted to find something like this but in the brown color from the Celine ss20 runway as well. Wondering what you guys think of the fit of this jacket.

View attachment 1855848

Main reason I was drown to slp and Hedis in the first place since I always associated logos with the nouveau riche. Your more a fan of the status/marketing then the actual design of the product.

You just had to one up the guy huh? I love how it looks on you, but I'd be in the same position. With how messy my suede footwear gets I wouldn't feel comfortable in a suede jacket like that. I feel like some suede jackets can look good beat up but this one isn't meant for that.

silentownage001

Reaction score

View attachment 1855848

I hope that isn't a 46. I like that more than I thought I would. And if it isn't my size then I don't need to worry about not being able to spend big on clothes right now.

I've got a dark brown suede jacket. It definitely hides dirt well. I've been wanting a tan suede for a while, but I might baby it more than I want to. I already am careful with my off-white SLP denim jacket because it'll show stains.

The extent of my branded stuff is Gucci Aces and a Calvin Klein sweatshirt which at $50 is nothing.

Speaking of branding, I am going to get a black SLP hoodie next year (waiting to hear on a promotion). I'm thinking the Rive Gauche because it's subtle, but I also love the font on the 50s style. It's just a big piece of branding which has me concerned. I could get both eventually as long as neither is discontinued, but if I get a second I'd probably get white. Has anyone here handled either of them?

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Nah its a size 50 and I agree with the point that its not meant to be beaten up. In addition to that, I'm long past the point of babying items and with this type of jacket you really would have to. Agree with the suede footwear part since mine are trashed to just from nights out and driving in them.

Denim jacket in white is not to bad since its much easier to get stains out of denim then it is suede and white doesn't look to bad beaten up.

daniel2001

Reaction score

View attachment 1855848

Completely agree with you about logos. There's no brand quite like slp when it comes to elegance. Also you look amazing in the red jacket🔥
I love this jacket but couldn't justify spending thousands of dollars on something so bold that can't be worn daily (unlike the L01 for example). So I got the British one instead for way cheaper but I love it

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Agreed, I'll probably just cop a burgundy leather jacket from another brand or hopefully slp just makes one in leather since I always wanted something like this old balmain jacket just not in perfecto form but mainly in trucker/cafe racer style.
1668364965319.png

silentownage001

Reaction score
Denim jacket in white is not to bad since its much easier to get stains out of denim then it is suede and white doesn't look to bad beaten up.

That's true. For some reason in my mind it's more delicate even though I have off-white jeans that have gotten dirty and were just fine. It's probably getting used to the price tag more than anything. The instructions say to wash in 30c water so I'd just hand wash it instead of trying the delicate cycle on my washer.

Agreed, I'll probably just cop a burgundy leather jacket from another brand or hopefully slp just makes one in leather since I always wanted something like this old balmain jacket just not in perfecto form but mainly in trucker/cafe racer style.

That looks nice. Burgundy leather is something I might get one day. Definitely hard to find a good one.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VoG that'd almost be a crime to sell that, fit is perfect and it's a gorgeous item, but yes, that's something that's not exactly a daily wearer. You kind of rock it out here and there, would love it at some art openings, cocktail get-togethers, etc. I'm probably going to jinx this but I have a light suede shearling that's held up over a couple years now even on hayrides and weird stuff so so far so good!! For some reason, I feel like I'm an English country gentleman when I don it, so I tend to go outside and do random risqué things such as building a fire in one of those solo stoves, ha.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Could use some help picking a shearling / leather bomber. There is the current black lambskin bomber with removable shearling collar in the current collection. Then there is this tan / beige shearling bomber I found on eBay. Seller claims it’s from FW2020 and has a number of other SL jackers for sale.

Anyone familiar with this jacket who has any opinions or experience? Does this look authentic?

4B28F1B0-8AAC-40CB-A319-5BA4D88490A8.jpeg

C0C8F3C4-2628-4DFA-9C57-F42327FC2035.jpeg

BF1AFA57-624E-4B3D-984B-86D92C3D0F31.jpeg

5E4FCE23-F9CE-4BE2-962E-4FD21A1E239D.jpeg

F26E2C64-010B-4BC8-AE85-F99D3F5FB2B3.jpeg

DE01A454-6405-4DED-AC3F-16F63552F03B.jpeg

2B40D8C1-F889-4C8A-9292-9585E2DCE21B.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That jacket looks very nice, and very AV. Hardware and tags look right, too.

I wouldn't doubt it if the seller has good ratings and has other SLP items for sale. The only thing I'm not crazy about it is the low-res quality of the photos, but I'm by no means an expert on ebay transactions.

It reminds me of a piece from the current collection, which looks beautiful, too. I prefer the colors and pockets on the one below, tbh.

1668693813894.png

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think a lot of people consider the one that harry styles wore to be the grail for that kinda look. They correspondingly go for much higher prices on the secondary market. I actually prefer the ones you and Grotius posted though.

That looks legit to me, but I'd do a google search of the [product code
harry-styles-jacket_1200x1200.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members