• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Fenners81

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on some C&J for Ralph Lauren shell bluchers - the ones a put up a picture off a week ago. I have no experience of shell so just wanted to check if buying an older, albeit unworn pair carries any risks. I know these haven't been available for quite a while now, maybe 5 or more years. I've read some horror stories online about older pairs cracking due to drying out.

SumDude

Reaction score
First pair
CJ.jpg

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could I get some expert eyes on this? This was listed as a US8 41 equivalent but I'm not sure that's right as the inside is marked 8. I've heard CJ had some models made for the US w/ US sizing, but I've also read that those are usually listed with standard US widths. The width is also listed as C if I'm reading this right - from what I understand that is their typical women's UK width, or narrow to say the least?

I must admit, I'm a bit confused.

Thanks for taking a look!

View attachment 2140585
Looks like C&J to me. I have never known C&J to show US sizing on their own branded shoes. Their shoes for Peal and Ralph Lauren are purportedly US sizing.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like C&J to me. I have never known C&J to show US sizing on their own branded shoes. Their shoes for Peal and Ralph Lauren are purportedly US sizing.
C&J sold at Barney’s long ago were marked with US size

Equilibrum

Reaction score
Anyone in possession of a pembroke in black scotch grain on vibram cleated? If yes could you share some pics of it in action?

I hope these help a little:

IMG_20230325_105823.jpg

IMG_20231020_173733.jpg

Here a comparison with Pembroke in brown wax calf. Despite being the same size, the black ones are noticeably roomier by about 1/4 size. The sole, on the other hand, is much more comfortable than the danite, completely insulates from the ground and has great traction.

I highly recommend them, they are bulletproof and apart from a cream once every few months they
don't need anything else

IMG_20240302_120102.jpg

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
I hope these help a little:

View attachment 2141955
View attachment 2141961
Here a comparison with Pembroke in brown wax calf. Despite being the same size, the black ones are noticeably roomier by about 1/4 size. The sole, on the other hand, is much more comfortable than the danite, completely insulates from the ground and has great traction.

I highly recommend them, they are bulletproof and apart from a cream once every few months they
don't need anything else

View attachment 2141959
Thanks Mate. Your pics very helpful. They look quite cool. The vibram cleated gives them a smart (less formal) look.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru