• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

bemk

Reaction score
My new Conistons, I just had to get them on my feet and hey, it's mid July, the perfect time to wear boots. 🤡

230713_19809_CrockettJones_-Coniston-DBSG.jpg
230713_19817_CrockettJones_-Coniston-DBSG.jpg
230713_19790_CrockettJones_-Coniston-DBSG.jpg
230713_19805_CrockettJones_-Coniston-DBSG.jpg

Aurdelon

Reaction score
Can someone gives me a breakdown of:
Scotch grain leather
Side leather
Hurricane leather
Thickness, durability, how it ages (does it wrinkle/crease A LOT), how it can take a little bit of shine with brushing, etc.? For boots use and not shoes.

billsmith

Reaction score
While on vacation in London I stopped off at Jermyn Street and bought a pair of brown suede Selby loafers. After paying in pounds for the freight and having them shipped back to the U.S. (no VAT) I saved around $100 versus buying them on their U. S. dollar denominated web site.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would--or Pembrokes--except I'm askeered of the 325. My Islay are such a perfect fit with my high arch, high instep and wide ball that I think I'd be entering a world of pain with the 325.

bemk

Reaction score
Gents & friends,

thank you so much! 🌞

I'm on cloud nine with my C&Js! First, I'm impressed by the craftsmanship and the attention to detail and also the grade of the leather. Wow!

The 325 fits my feet simply superb, I love walking with them. Probably because it's a boot, the Coniston feels ever so slightly more generous than the Pembroke, but it's not really worth mentioning.
The best thing of all is, that I have now found a boot, that I can wear with thinner dressocks, this is a dream come true for me. Compared to the Tricker's 4497S last, the 325 in the same size sits a bit more snug (but in no way tight). If I stand in the unlaced Coniston and lift my heel, I can hear my socks sliding up the leather opposed to almost no sound in an unlaced 4497S boot. Or in other words, the 325 is a perfect fit in socks for summer and autumn while the 4497S is one for autumn and winter socks.

So, I had to have this one too, today this came in from Spain:

230715_19829_Fulham-CJ.jpg

230715_19832_CJ-box.jpg

230715_19835_CrockettJones-Coniston-TSG.jpg
230715_19839_CrockettJones-Coniston-TSG.jpg

When I bought the Pembroke in Tan Scotch Grain and the Coniston in Dark Brown Scotch Grain in the C&J store, I knew that I would want the boot in Tan also. I was really patient for two days! 🤡

Here it is next to the Pembroke which has a slight hue of Walnut while the Coniston has that Tan touch. In the flesh the difference is a bit more perceivable as the human eye sees more dynamic steps of light than the sensor of my camera can capture, but it's not much. On the street it is effectively one and the same color

230715_19846_CrockettJones-Coniston-TSG.jpg

stylenwby

Reaction score
Gents & friends,

thank you so much! 🌞

I'm on cloud nine with my C&Js! First, I'm impressed by the craftsmanship and the attention to detail and also the grade of the leather. Wow!

The 325 fits my feet simply superb, I love walking with them. Probably because it's a boot, the Coniston feels ever so slightly more generous than the Pembroke, but it's not really worth mentioning.
The best thing of all is, that I have now found a boot, that I can wear with thinner dressocks, this is a dream come true for me. Compared to the Tricker's 4497S last, the 325 in the same size sits a bit more snug (but in no way tight). If I stand in the unlaced Coniston and lift my heel, I can hear my socks sliding up the leather opposed to almost no sound in an unlaced 4497S boot. Or in other words, the 325 is a perfect fit in socks for summer and autumn while the 4497S is one for autumn and winter socks.

View attachment 1991211
View attachment 1991213
View attachment 1991215 View attachment 1991217

When I bought the Pembroke in Tan Scotch Grain and the Coniston in Dark Brown Scotch Grain in the C&J store, I knew that I would want the boot in Tan also. I was really patient for two days! 🤡

Here it is next to the Pembroke which has a slight hue of Walnut while the Coniston has that Tan touch. In the flesh the difference is a bit more perceivable as the human eye sees more dynamic steps of light than the sensor of my camera can capture, but it's not much. On the street it is effectively one and the same color

View attachment 1991221

Very nice! The perfect fit is what I hope to eventually get. The C&J 363 last works pretty well for me so far. Enjoy your boots! 😁

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents & friends,

thank you so much! 🌞

View attachment 1991211
View attachment 1991213
View attachment 1991215 View attachment 1991217

View attachment 1991221
Well that escalated quickly. 🤣💪🏽

bemk

Reaction score
Some great purchases there Bemk hope the fine doesn’t dampen your elation

Haha, thank you! 😹

No, no, I won't let them take the fun away. The ticket I'm expecting I am estimating at slightly half the boot's price, I was round about 15.53 mph over the limit and the Dutch are brutal with their fines. I'm just glad I didn't listen to one of Coltrane's free jazz albums - that ticket would surely make a complete Coniston. 🤡

Well that escalated quickly. 🤣💪🏽

LOL, yeah, man! 👊😁

But it's no coincidence as I'm rebuilding my stock these days and it's just great - in general but for me especially:

Years ago I wanted to get my size right, especially since many shoes I was interested in, have no stockists over here.
And I learned there was a Brannock device, so I visited a maker of orthopedic shoes, because he had one scaled for EU sizes and he measured me at EU 42.2 or so and recommended EU 42.5. With 1 1/5 E width.

With this 'knowledge' I started heavily with Tricker's and the according sized Burford was a UK 8.5 / EU 42.5, which was much too wide and long. I thought, okay, it's a 'generous' fitting, so I went UK 8 / EU 42 and this felt comfortable and then - enthusiastic about having found my fit - I bought too much too quickly.
After having worn and worn in some boots quite a lot, I felt they were too big and creased too much and lately buying Alden Barrie models made me totally suspicious about my choices.

The final insight came when I finally took a ride to one of Germany's finest Alden dealers (Schuh Exclusiv Kettler) and with Mr. Kettler's solid counsel I ended up in a 975 in US 7.5 E. Other Barrie based models were tighter, so US 8 E should be my Barrie size and this would be EU 41 given, that you drop 1/2 a size for the Barrie.

I changed 4444 to UK 7 and 4497S from UK 8 to UK 7.5 and my C&J are also UK 7.5 and now I finally know, what a great fit is. Hallelujah!

The new collection will see fewer 4497S boots and fewer Bourton colors, but have the Pembroke and Conistons added. Though it's quite a costly switch, my collection will be a bit more essential (aka reduced) and more refined. I'm fine.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member