• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
i know there were some earlier discussion about assisi bespoke in this thread so wanted to share the following details on their upcoming nyc trunk show:

====

Assisi Bespoke, a Seoul based tailor who was recently reviewed in Permanent Style, is having their first NYC / stateside trunk show from November 30th - December 3rd, 2023. They will offer bespoke and MTM services.

For 3 customers who are able to have an appointment on November 30th, they will be able to turn around a first fitting on December 3rd.

Details
  • Contact for trunk show appointment: [email protected]
  • Frequency of NYC travel: In the future, 3 times a year.
  • Payment: 100% upfront
Bespoke prices
  • Suit: $3,600 usd
  • Jacket: $2,700 usd
  • Pants: $1,100 usd
  • Single breasted coat: $3,960 usd
  • Double breasted coat: $4,320 usd
Handmade MTM prices
  • Suit: $2,700 usd
  • Jacket: $2,020 usd
  • Pants: $810 usd

Official post about the upcoming trunk show at the Grand Hyatt.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
I am sure they will do just fine having a trunk show there. I just wouldn't recommend spending money to stay at the hotel, like, in general. Or to eat or drink at it. But it's in an incredibly convenient location.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
Only tangentially related but that grand hyatt sucks.

It’s actually not that bad. I went there for ciccio’s trunk show and initially thought it’d suck too but the rooms are clean and spacious if you get the suite, and decent for a trunk show.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Yeah, the one attached to grand central. I assume. I don't have instagram and didn't click through to double check.

"Clean" is table stakes, it's a hotel, it better be clean. Spacious can be nice. What's not nice is that the service is atrocious (for the class of hotel it is), and I don't even usually care about service, but it was so bad it put me off forever. Also their stupid mandatory snack spend is embarrassing, not that they are the only ones who do it. Their drinks are mediocre and very expensive. They spent all their money on the entrance, every other part of it seems cheap.

I have a grand hyatt membership courtesy of work, and the last one I stayed at (Itaewon, Seoul) was absolutely night and day in terms of literally everything I can think of, except for convenience of being literally attached to the biggest / most well known train station in the city.

I don't think anyone on this forum knows me in person so you'll have to take my word for it (or not) but I am super easygoing. Rarely complain, and generally okay with a lot of roughness. When I used to go on solo road trips (before getting hitched) I tended to sleep in my car, down to 10F weather. I have stayed at myriad cheap motels. Camped in tents at the side of parking lots where it was allowed. I eat the oldest food in the fridge nobody else will eat to not waste it, unless it's actually gone off. I regularly drive a 91 civic with manual-everything. So when I say the service sucked please don't think I'm a silver spoon snaps-at-waiters kind of guy.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone on this forum knows me in person so you'll have to take my word for it (or not) but I am super easygoing. Rarely complain, and generally okay with a lot of roughness. When I used to go on solo road trips (before getting hitched) I tended to sleep in my car, down to 10F weather. I have stayed at myriad cheap motels. Camped in tents at the side of parking lots where it was allowed. I eat the oldest food in the fridge nobody else will eat to not waste it, unless it's actually gone off. I regularly drive a 91 civic with manual-everything. So when I say the service sucked please don't think I'm a silver spoon snaps-at-waiters kind of guy.
Bro... what in the actual fvck?

gimpwiz

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of this country for very little money, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Drove to 49 states between semesters in college and coop jobs.

Also I'm a little cheap. ;)

But we may be getting off topic... so how about them Assisi suits huh

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of this country for very little money, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Drove to 49 states between semesters in college and coop jobs.

Also I'm a little cheap. ;)

But we may be getting off topic... so how about them Assisi suits huh
I tried saving money last time I was in Italy on the hotel. Now I won’t say I spend big, but I spend. Lesson learned. Never again. If you can afford to stay somewhere nice, do it imo. If not, you gotta do what you gotta do.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if it's financially doable, get a nice hotel on vacation. Enjoy yourself. But not the grand hyatt attached to grand central. :)
Fair enough. And I’m the person who, when there’s a nyc trunk show, I’ll book a train early in advance to save money & train back the same day because I refuse to pay for a hotel if unnecessary. Usually I get dinner there & then come back. Alternatively, I’ve flown in / out the same day as well, depending upon where I was coming from. Flew from Florida to New York & back in the same day.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. And I’m the person who, when there’s a nyc trunk show, I’ll book a train early in advance to save money & train back the same day because I refuse to pay for a hotel if unnecessary. Usually I get dinner there & then come back. Alternatively, I’ve flown in / out the same day as well, depending upon where I was coming from. Flew from Florida to New York & back in the same day.
Only time I've flown in and out the same day is when I flew to TN for Savas leather jacket measurements. All the other times, I've stayed overnight.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janetmorris23