• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m never going to order tortoise shell because I’m not rich enough. I’m just going with acetate for now and maybe later on upgrade to horn.
My 1.5 year old grey horn are getting slightly lighter. A great purchase that I may repeat with another frame.

My wife left her acetate on a plane and are forever lost.

Not sure if tortoise is in my future. I may try to save up for a pair whenever I’ll need reading glasses as that would minimize the risk of loss.

MB keeps impeccable CITES records and don’t think that buying a pair of tortoise will ever be an issue. If I thought MB were evading CITES I‘d never consider a pair.

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The LP wool silk seersucker is great. A few pages back I have a not very high quality pic of the jacket's final fitting. It got delivered a few weeks ago, I've worn it around the house a few times.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. And somehow the only negative thing I’ve heard about it from anyone is that it isn’t cheap. Even guys who are normally into heavy cloth/LL/etc had nothing but good things to say about it.
In the past, I was weary of very light fabrics. After a few Fresco light commissions, I changed my mind. They hold a crease similar to heavier fabrics, drape well enough, and can be worn in cold and hot climates alike (not if extremely hot or cold, of course). I have never had anything below 230g made, though.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about summer suit fabrics. I have a cotton seersucker suit and love it, even though it gets a bit sloppy after a while, so I'm thinking of navy wool seersucker, cream wool seersucker, or tan gabardine, all around 280g/10oz. Anyone have experience with these?

I was thinking about doing the same thing and ended up with a black corduroy suit, which I love. I got samples of the 100% wool from Drapers. They have two navy blue's which are nice, the spacing on the rows is different which I personally like, but does not have the traditional texture of seersucker. Good weight and crunchy texture.

23528EA8-C54A-4647-BA1A-723B98488774.jpeg

-DL

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about summer suit fabrics. I have a cotton seersucker suit and love it, even though it gets a bit sloppy after a while, so I'm thinking of navy wool seersucker, cream wool seersucker, or tan gabardine, all around 280g/10oz. Anyone have experience with these?

My vote is for the drapers wool seersucker in either solid navy or classic white/cream. I have samples of the cloth and I absolutely love it. It feels incredible strong, very airy, and very wrinkle resistant. My tailor is also a very big fan of it. It’s on my list for potential future projects. If you can, get your hands on a sample.

Also, LP wool/silk seersucker has top reviews on this forum.

Reaction score
Hmmm, I used Paul Stuart Custom starting out. Suits were made by Martin Greenfield and came with a basted fitting. I’m not sure I would call it bespoke but I do consider the look American. They made me some cool sh*t.
Lordsuperb allow me to introduce myself. I am Christopher Scott with C. Scott & Company Custom in Columbia, SC. As a clothing designer not a tailor, though I have sewn in the early part of my career, I have used Martin Greenfield to tailor many of my designs. They are indeed a wonderfully made garment. For some of Martin Greenfield clients, they will produce as close to bespoke as can be made. This service is a very small part of what Martin Greenfield provides. They are best know for their made-to-measure clothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marshak

Reaction score
I also chose the seersucker from Draper's in dark navy. Compared with the LP one it seems more sexy.
My vote is for the drapers wool seersucker in either solid navy or classic white/cream. I have samples of the cloth and I absolutely love it. It feels incredible strong, very airy, and very wrinkle resistant. My tailor is also a very big fan of it. It’s on my list for potential future projects. If you can, get your hands on a sample.

Also, LP wool/silk seersucker has top reviews on this forum.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lordsuperb allow me to introduce myself. I am Christopher Scott with C. Scott & Company Custom in Columbia, SC. As a clothing designer not a tailor, though I have sewn in the early part of my career, I have used Martin Greenfield to tailor many of my designs. They are indeed a wonderfully made garment. For some of Martin Greenfield clients, such as myself, they will produce as close to bespoke as can be made. Each of our designs start with an individual paper pattern, when the cloth arrives, they prepare a basted fitting for us. They are best know for their made-to-measure clothing.
Oh fancy, I haven’t been down to Columbia in ages. How is Papa Jazz Records doing these days?

Reaction score
Oh fancy, I haven’t been down to Columbia in ages. How is Papa Jazz Records doing these days?
Still doing well. Downtown Columbia is in a major transition. So many new and exciting restaurants and events. Columbia being centrally located allows me to see clients in Charlotte, Charleston, and Greenville.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ERIC18018